You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Illinois
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone have their letters marked as "received"? If so did you have to call the admissions office?
Ca$per results delivered, submitted 2ndary 7/3, and still not marked as received 🙁
Would also like to know, my show up in there, but still marked as "Not received." 🙁Does anyone have their letters marked as "received"? If so did you have to call the admissions office?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
Is anyone else having an issue with the application being incomplete despite submitting the secondary application, fee, committee letter of rec, mcat score, and casper? It seems weird
Second this. My friend told me he talked about the two areas you select above, why you chose that, and how it could help you become a better physician.I dont get it. What does "statement of your interest mean"? Do they mean "why do you want to attend this school specifically" or "what areas are you interested in"? I am confused
I think mine has, but honestly the email I received was super confusing. Also they didn't even mention if they received or say anything at all really about the CASPersHas anyone's application been marked as "complete" yet?
Under document status, does your application say your letters of reference have been received?I think mine has, but honestly the email I received was super confusing. Also they didn't even mention if they received or say anything at all really about the CASPers
Yeah I think so. Let me double check and see if they marked a date.Under document status, does your application say your letters of reference have been received?
Edit: Document status page says received 5/30 and regular status page just says received
curious_premed
Full Member
Confused.... did everyone get their new application already? Or have they still not fixed the bug with creating a login
Medical AI
Full Member
What new application?Confused.... did everyone get their new application already? Or have they still not fixed the bug with creating a login
futuredoctor5
Full Member
is anyone having issues with letters of reference not being marked as received? they've been assigned on AMCAS for weeks, and when i click on them on the document status they say they were recieved
I called them and they manually marked it as received for me!is anyone having issues with letters of reference not being marked as received? they've been assigned on AMCAS for weeks, and when i click on them on the document status they say they were recieved
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoctor5
Full Member
great, thank you!I called them and they manually marked it as received for me!
futuredoctor5
Full Member
update: i contacted them and they marked them!is anyone having issues with letters of reference not being marked as received? they've been assigned on AMCAS for weeks, and when i click on them on the document status they say they were recieved
curious_premed
Full Member
For the areas of interest essay... are people writing one essay talking about both of the two areas of interest or more one essay for each
I incorporated both ideas into one essay because the two I chose connected. But you could probably do 2 separate 250 essays as well if you feel you can’t connect them!For the areas of interest essay... are people writing one essay talking about both of the two areas of interest or more one essay for each
+1I incorporated both ideas into one essay because the two I chose connected. But you could probably do 2 separate 250 essays as well if you feel you can’t connect them!
Does anyone know when we are able to conduct research as a medical student? I scoured the website and it seems that it is between 1st and 2nd year, but honestly there was no name of the program or direct statement saying that: "research can be conducted during _ year"
Sorry I really can not find this information on the website...
This is the closest I got: Summer Opportunities Between M1 & M2 Year
Sorry I really can not find this information on the website...
This is the closest I got: Summer Opportunities Between M1 & M2 Year
Were you able to call? I cut my response down to 250 and it still won't let me submit my application. I get an error message but it's unclear what the error is for...I think I'm going to call Monday and ask before submitting to be safe
Anyone have everything complete (with green checks next to every component) but still have their application considered "incomplete"?
+1
For those who have everything submitted but still marked as incomplete: I just called admissions and a super sweet lady told me that they are basically locked out of their own system as of yesterday and apologize deeply for the trouble. They're working on it and encourage us to check the portal often and reach out to them if there is no change for a few days.
Medical AI
Full Member
Yes.Does Casper need to be sent to UIC to be considered complete?
D
deleted919212
So I was thinking about the second essay. What do they mean academic medicine?
Medical AI
Full Member
Teaching/research.So I was thinking about the second essay. What do they mean academic medicine?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted919212
Thank you!!!! I think I'm choosing Global Health and Basic Research 🙂Teaching/research.
Anyone still incomplete? Submitted 2 weeks ago and portal still says incomplete
Yup!! I was going to call/email next week if I’m still not complete...Anyone still incomplete? Submitted 2 weeks ago and portal still says incomplete
galesburgmayflower
Full Member
Anyone still incomplete? Submitted 2 weeks ago and portal still says incomplete
+1
When did you submit if you don’t mind me asking?I checked my portal this evening and my application now has a green check and says it’s complete. I didn’t get an email for it, so double check your status on the portal.
When did you submit if you don’t mind me asking?
I submitted on 7/17
Ahh okay I submitted a couple days before you and still have a red X! I’ll wait a few more days before I contact them..I submitted on 7/17
Still incomplete. You too?
Same...Still incomplete. You too?
Checked today and got the green check mark. I submitted about 2 weeks ago as well, so I assume they're starting to get through submitted apps.
Did you get an email? Or just a portal change?Checked today and got the green check mark. I submitted about 2 weeks ago as well, so I assume they're starting to get through submitted apps.
Did you get an email? Or just a portal change?
Portal Change - no email
Good to know, thank you!Portal Change - no email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hiroller
New Member
I submitted 7/5 and checked yesterday, turns out one of my letters wasn't on letterhead w signature so if your letters haven't been marked as received, you should email them to ask. They reply promptly.Anyone who submitted early still have their application marked incomplete? I submitted 7/5, and it still shows as incomplete.
So I actually ended up calling them today about my secondary since it still wasn’t marked complete after submitting over 2 weeks ago and good thing I did because I was missing something minor that didn’t show up on the portal and they resolved it over the phone with me immediately. If anyone else has been waiting a long time to be marked complete I recommend calling them! They were super nice & helpful
what number/extension did you use to call them? I cannot get to a real person, only automated messagesSo I actually ended up calling them today about my secondary since it still wasn’t marked complete after submitting over 2 weeks ago and good thing I did because I was missing something minor that didn’t show up on the portal and they resolved it over the phone with me immediately. If anyone else has been waiting a long time to be marked complete I recommend calling them! They were super nice & helpful
Just the regular admissions office number! If you wait and don’t press any of the numbers it says eventually at the end it says or please hold to be directed to a staff member!what number/extension did you use to call them? I cannot get to a real person, only automated messages