2019-2020 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, has any of the petitioners heard more news? at this point it’s mid May, so if we haven’t heard back, does that mean we weren’t switched? The portal does say if we don’t hear back, it means we aren’t reassigned

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone that was moved to the waitlist at the beginning of the month been accepted yet? I have yet to hear back from them. I'm also wondering how many of us are on the WL at this point.

I haven’t heard of any getting off the WL. I did get the WL email at the beginning of May though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any waitlisters heard anything? And I would love to attend here, first choice!

As of 4 or 5 days ago I can no longer access my portal, is anyone else having this issue? The link they originally sent me no longer works, and if I reach the login screen by other means it says the login was unsuccessful.

Also, I still haven't received a waitlist notification nor have they told me I've been rejected. Yet, when I contacted them 4 weeks ago I was told I would have gotten something by now. I'm just totally stuck in purgatory.

As of 4 or 5 days ago I can no longer access my portal, is anyone else having this issue? The link they originally sent me no longer works, and if I reach the login screen by other means it says the login was unsuccessful.

Also, I still haven't received a waitlist notification nor have they told me I've been rejected. Yet, when I contacted them 4 weeks ago I was told I would have gotten something by now. I'm just totally stuck in purgatory.

It looks like my portal is working fine. Probably just email the admissions about it? I doubt it has anything to do with your status.

I interviewed in December in Peoria. Yeah I don't think it has anything to do with my status either it's sort of just insult to injury.

Is anyone here thinking of applying for the hpsp va (not military) scholarship to pay for school? Admissions emailed out info about it awhile ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the facebook group there's about 300 members right now which also includes current students and some admissions faculty, so there might not be any waitlist movement cause no spots have opened up yet

any admitted students willing to make a groupme for each campus? I would love to get to know my classmates!

This is a great idea, could we possibly relay this to the Official FB page so that we may get more people onboard? I am willing to help spearhead this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a scholarship yesterday! Can't believe this, this my top choice and will go a long way for me. For anyone thinking about scholarship money they're definitely still offering some!

Reactions: 1 users
I also asked about white coat. They told me that the ceremony will most likely be in person for students but online for guests. So this some positive news. I was told that this can change but as of now it's looking like this will be the setup.

Reactions: 2 users
Received a scholarship yesterday! Can't believe this, this my top choice and will go a long way for me. For anyone thinking about scholarship money they're definitely still offering some!
Eyy congrats! Kinda curious, are you OOS or IS?

Congratulations!! Did you email the Financial Aid Office?

I have been waiting on my award letter since March. Lol.

Congrats!!! That's so exciting. Did you do any additional apps for the scholarship? Also, do you mind sharing if the scholarship is financial or merit based? I feel like UIC truly does not have a lot of info regarding scholarships

Eyy congrats! Kinda curious, are you OOS or IS?
Congratulations!! Did you email the Financial Aid Office?

I have been waiting on my award letter since March. Lol.
Congrats!!! That's so exciting. Did you do any additional apps for the scholarship? Also, do you mind sharing if the scholarship is financial or merit based? I feel like UIC truly does not have a lot of info regarding scholarships

Thank you all!! I am OOS, the scholarship covers the tuition difference from OOS to in-state. Really excited for this it goes a long way here

I did email the financial aid office but they told me they do not handle scholarships. The admissions committee are the one's who decide and offer scholarships. But you should definitely reach out to financial aid again for your award letter lol

There definitely should be more information on scholarships. I also applied to SnAP, its UIC's scholarship portal. You have to fill out a general application and a college of medicine application. They didn't mention this when they called me but maybe it put me on their radar? In the call, they acknowledged my application and fit for UIC. I'm guessing the scholarship is a combination of needs-based and mission fit for UIC. My stats aren't anything crazy to receive a merit-based imo and it didn't come up in the convoe or email they sent me.

Was the second look recorded? I tried looking for it on the blackboard site but couldn't find it

Does anybody know when the drug test needs to be completed? I feel like a lot of clinics are probably affected by COVID.

Has anyone else tried emailing the medadmit email recently and not gotten a response? I've sent a couple over the past two weeks and haven't heard back, just wondering if others are having the same issue.

Is there any update on plans for the fall? Loyola just stated they would be online until october.

I know people have said in this thread that CTE is 7/1, but is there an official source on this?

Attachments

• CFFAE63D-17C3-41FB-A58E-A915F621F287.jpeg
    CFFAE63D-17C3-41FB-A58E-A915F621F287.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 178
FYI - I talked to one of the Chicago campus ambassadors and they said to hold off creating a Group Me for our campuses until Orientation. Something about creating a GM that ≠ professionalism.

FYI - I talked to one of the Chicago campus ambassadors and they said to hold off creating a Group Me for our campuses until Orientation. Something about creating a GM that ≠ professionalism.
I don’t care one way or the other but how did they possibly reach that conclusion?

But I don’t think one instance of unprofessionalism makes the whole concept of a class GroupMe unprofessional

I heard it was because someone accidentally sent an inappropriate pic to the GroupMe last year

Imagine having such little confidence in your medical school students that you can't entrust them with a GroupMe. Doubt we have all the details on the story. We're all gonna be corresponding with each other eventually anyways, that's pretty standard.

Imagine having such little confidence in your medical school students that you can't entrust them with a GroupMe. Doubt we have all the details on the story. We're all gonna be corresponding with each other eventually anyways, that's pretty standard.

Right? I think a GroupMe is especially valuable for us given that our interactions will be more limited compared to past classes

I don’t care one way or the other but how did they possibly reach that conclusion?

My thoughts exactly. I get that platforms can be used to disseminate unprofessional content but why would just creating a GM be considered unprofessional. Weird.

I dont think it's them having little confidence in us I think it's just to prevent even more drama among the students of our campus assignments. Creating a Chicago group while there are students in the FB group who didn't get into the chicago campus could be considered unprofessional.

Last edited:
I dont think it's them having little confidence in us I think it's just to prevent even more drama among the students of our campus assignments. Creating a Chicago group while there are students in the FB group who didn't get into the chicago campus could be considered unprofessional.

There would be a GM for each respective campus, not just Chicago. At least that is the idea.

Yeah I'm sure that will be the case. Is GroupMe skepticism a thing now? I've worked in multiple professional environments and group chats have always been a no-brainer.

Same! Hmmm. If GM isn’t something that we could create, would anybody be down for some Zoom get togethers? Maybe we could have some for each respective campus, or something along those lines. I can also reach out to Dr. Amari directly instead of an ambassador.

Would any current students or applicants who have interviewed here be down to chat (preferably via phone call so that we don't end up DM-ing all day)? Even just a few minutes would be so helpful! This will be my first interview, and given that it is 1:1, MMI, and VITA combined, I'd really appreciate just being able to touch base with someone, generally speaking.

My portal changed about 3 days after I accepted the technical standards. No idea why they assigned me Rockford since my entire application was tailored around working/helping Urban/Underrepresented Communities. I believe Rockford is Rural, but I could be mistaken. I'm also applying for the UMed program, so hopefully that changes. UIC is my #1 choice.
are you IS or OOS?