2019-2020 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite this morning! Available dates were Feb 12th and 13th. LizzyM 72, in-state. Complete eons ago. There is still hope everyone!
HEY now!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any insight on the Peoria campus? I was assigned to Peoria but didn't interview there, so any and all info would be helpful!

I know a few people who go to Peoria campus and they honestly love it. they are a much closer knit community, and from what I’ve heard, they have the highest step 1 score most years. Cost of living is apparently also really really cheap with two bedrooms being like $800-$900.

Reactions: 1 users
There’s no deposit due for accepted students, right? Just wanna make sure I didn’t miss it and lose my seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
There’s no deposit due for accepted students, right? Just wanna make sure I didn’t miss it and lose my seat.

That’s correct. I called admissions last week to confirm because I felt the same way lol

ii this afternoon. LizzyM 67, complete 9/13. Really excited about this but nervous about MMI. Can anyone who's interviewed touch on stress level of interview day?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
ii this afternoon. LizzyM 67, complete 9/13. Really excited about this but nervous about MMI. Can anyone who's interviewed touch on stress level of interview day?

Congratulations!! Honestly it was one of the least stressful interview days I’ve had in both this cycle and last cycle. They try their best to make everyone happy & at ease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some questions for any current student that might be able to answer please:

1. With everything going on with fb (their questionable practices in terms of ads, policies, etc.) I would rather not make an account. Is there going to be some other way to communicate as a class or do you think its necessary make one?
2. I was assigned to the Peoria campus but have been doing research at a hospital very close to UIC for about a year and would like to continue during med school since I'm already established there and we're starting a new research study (I'm also applying to GMED but that's just a sidetone because I haven't been accepted into it yet); do you think I have a decent shot at an appealed decision or do people usually not get campus changes to Chicago?

Thank you!
Hi, current M1 at UICOM here, hijacking my friend’s account to answer your questions. 1. The FB page is generally used as a way for accepted students to reach out and ask questions to current M1/M2s and to look for roommates when the housing search begins. When school starts, it’ll be a place where interest groups post about their events. All important official communication will be through email, but students may discuss tasks/dates in the fb page. It’s not super necessary to have one to stay in the loop but would be helpful.
2. I would call the admissions office in regards to this. There is a chance they could move you over to the Chicago campus if they have an opening, so the sooner you call and ask, the more likely there will still be spots open.
Hope that was helpful!

Hi! Does anyone know when UICOM stops interviewing?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any insight on the Peoria campus? I was assigned to Peoria but didn't interview there, so any and all info would be helpful!
Email me at [email protected] I am a 4th year going into plastics. I am on the Peoria campus and loved my time here. We can set up a time to chat.

I submitted my FAFSA a way while ago but it still shows as incomplete in the matriculation section. Does anyone else have this problem?

I submitted my FAFSA a way while ago but it still shows as incomplete in the matriculation section. Does anyone else have this problem?
yes I have the same problem. I assumed they just havent updated it on their end since its still early and they haven't made financial aid decisions yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any info about student housing on campus? Like what kind of units are available and how much they cost?

For anyone that wrote a letter of appeal regarding their campus assignment, did you guys wrote a long page or was it more like a short paragraph?

Thanks!

Does anyone have any info about student housing on campus? Like what kind of units are available and how much they cost?

That might be something you can ask on the FB page. There are current students and faculty (including Dr. Amiri) on that page.

Anyone else having trouble joining the admitted students Facebook group? Neither link that they emailed is working for me. I just get an error page.

Anyone else having trouble joining the admitted students Facebook group? Neither link that they emailed is working for me. I just get an error page.
Same but you can find the link on this thread & that worked for me!

II just now to the Rockford campus
Was not expecting that

Reactions: 2 users
II today for Chicago, only 2/25 available. IS, complete in July.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard a decision yet today? I interviewed in late-Jan and they told us decisions would come out today and tomorrow.

Are they still sending interviews out?

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted to RMED program at Rockford today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to RMED program at Rockford today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
shoooooooot has everyone already applied to their special programs? still working on my app

Can’t wait to refresh my email & portal about a million times today

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I'm guessing we might not hear back until next week. There's only one week of interviews left which is next week. They might wait for those interviews to be complete before they send decisions.

I'm guessing we might not hear back until next week. There's only one week of interviews left which is next week. They might wait for those interviews to be complete before they send decisions.
Not sure about that. I know the admissions committee meets the 3rd Thursday of every month. I’m sure some will be released at the end of the day. Depends on when you interviewed I think.

I think they met yesterday. I emailed them this week and said the email was regarding the meeting and they did not deny it. Idk

Last edited: