You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Illinois
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
blueberry1234
Full Member
Ok good to know thank you! My transcripts have been marked as complete but not the prereqs at this pointI called them about this and they told me it takes them a bit to check the transcripts, but once that process is finished, the prereqs should be marked “complete”
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shakabrahh
Full Member
Just got assigned to Chicago!!!! Exactly 13 days from acceptance if anyone looking later is curious hahah
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got assigned to Chicago!!!! Exactly 13 days from acceptance if anyone looking later is curious hahah
same here!
D
deleted787583
Still haven't been assignedsame here!
shakabrahh
Full Member
Email them on Monday if your portal still hasn’t updated.Still haven't been assigned
Bornldentity
Full Member
Has anybody heard from UMed about interviews?
D
deleted787583
Just got assigned Peoria today. I know nothing about it there.Still waiting for assignment here too. I live super close to chicago campus so not trying to go anywhere else. I have called twice since my acceptance on 02/21 and still nothing. I might try emailing idk.
Just got assigned Peoria today. I know nothing about it there.
did you get an actual second look email from them? Also was it a portal update or email for assignment?
shakabrahh
Full Member
I had to check my portal to see mine. No email
did you get an actual second look email from them? Also was it a portal update or email for assignment?
Yes I did one. It was not really an update, but I realized that I forgot a very pertinent aspect of my application somehow so I told them then in a letter. Not sure if it made a difference but I was able to upload. it.Does anyone know if they accept post-interview updates? I've looked through and know they accept pre-II updates, but can't find anything about after and don't have it written down from my interview day lol.
D
deleted787583
No email. Just checked the portal and it was there. Confusing because I got invited to the second look in Chicago.did you get an actual second look email from them? Also was it a portal update or email for assignment?
idontwanttomakeanaccount
Full Member
I'm feeling so left out lol... I want my assignment! I need to start looking for apartments near the best dog parks!No email. Just checked the portal and it was there. Confusing because I got invited to the second look in Chicago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolgorl
Full Member
So to be able to receive any scholarships/ financial aid, we need to fill out a fafsa and then submit it to the school too? sorry i've been zoning out in financial aid talks because im always so nervous for the actual interview, but can someone clarify what steps need to be taken for financial aid at UIC? Thank you!
+1Pre-II rejection today. They stated they are no longer offering interview invites.
shakabrahh
Full Member
Just got an interview for IMED! Any advice from anyone regarding what the interview is like/how to prep? Anyone know how many people are interviewing for the 12 spots? Thanks!
Bornldentity
Full Member
Just got an interview for IMED! Any advice from anyone regarding what the interview is like/how to prep? Anyone know how many people are interviewing for the 12 spots? Thanks!
You should try reaching out to current IMED students and see if they have any insight!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was accepted in November but have not received an award letter. Do we need to send official transcripts in addition to FAFSA to start the FA process? On the FA website, they just say fill out FAFSA and specify the school code.Just spoke to someone from financial aid and she said newly admitted students can expect to receive their award letters within the next couple of weeks! For anyone who needs to hear it: submit your FAFSA.
Thanks!
I asked the financial aid person if I needed to submit anything else and she said they had everything they needed. The only thing I have submitted is my completed FAFSA.I was accepted in November but have not received an award letter. Do we need to send official transcripts in addition to FAFSA to start the FA process? On the FA website, they just say fill out FAFSA and specify the school code.
Thanks!
buddhadoc518
Full Member
+1 ! I thought maybe they were just behind but it’s been a while now...I was accepted in November but have not received an award letter. Do we need to send official transcripts in addition to FAFSA to start the FA process? On the FA website, they just say fill out FAFSA and specify the school code.
Thanks!
alwayssleeping023
Full Member
At my interview I thought they specified they didn't do any merit scholarships or need based aid? Am I wrong? (Hopefully I'm wrong lol)
+1Got the financial aid notification email but I can't actually check it because I don't have a UIC Net ID yet.
I finished my FAFSA back in January, but the UIC portal shows it as incomplete. Is that the same for others here?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes mine shows up like that as well, which is what prompted me to email financial aid in the first place.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blueberry1234
Full Member
Anyone not get the email even though they have submitted FAFSA?
+1Anyone not get the email even though they have submitted FAFSA?
I just emailed them asking if my FAFSA is in order...
me on my front facing camera meeting y'all at second look since they just changed it to online
D
deleted919212
+1 ! I thought maybe they were just behind but it’s been a while now...
Yeah did fafsa in November and still it shows incomplete in the pre matriculation section. So this is normal?
Whitewater26
New Member
View attachment 298187
me on my front facing camera meeting y'all at second look since they just changed it to online
"ayyyy whatsup all my name is Whitewater26 and my fav-
MOM TURN IT DOWN I'M TRYING TO MAKE FRIENDS"
Yeah did fafsa in November and still it shows incomplete in the pre matriculation section. So this is normal?
They replied and said everything is in order so I assume it’s normal for the portal to be delayed!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
idontwanttomakeanaccount
Full Member
Assigned to Chicago!! Yaaay I am so excited even though the world is ending!
shakabrahh
Full Member
CONGRATS See you there!!! 🙂Assigned to Chicago!! Yaaay I am so excited even though the world is ending!
Bornldentity
Full Member
Got invite to interview for UMed today!
Nice! When did you submit your UMed app?
Not proud, but literally 10 minutes before the deadlineNice! When did you submit your UMed app?
Got the financial aid notification email but I can't actually check it because I don't have a UIC Net ID yet.
I’m in the same boat as of this morning! Did the computer center eventually reach out with a NetID?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m in the same boat as of this morning! Did the computer center eventually reach out with a NetID?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I received my token to activate my net ID but only after I submitted a Help Ticket to the computer center. They got back to me within a few hours. My award was just loans, no financial aid.
Has anyone else heard back from UMED? I submitted med Feb and haven't heard back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bornldentity
Full Member
Has anyone else heard back from UMED? I submitted med Feb and haven't heard back
I have not heard back either. Hopefully we hear something by the end of this week or next.
Whitewater26
New Member
Just got my UIC login. Looks like in-state tuition and fees are just under 35k? Is that right? Thought it would be much higher, even with recent tuition reduction.
Bornldentity
Full Member
Just got my UMed invite!!
Tumornator
Full Member
How did you get your UIC login? Did you have to contact admissionsJust got my UIC login. Looks like in-state tuition and fees are just under 35k? Is that right? Thought it would be much higher, even with recent tuition reduction.
shakabrahh
Full Member
Does it say M2 and M3 tuition in there? I’ve heard it goes up for those yearsJust got my UIC login. Looks like in-state tuition and fees are just under 35k? Is that right? Thought it would be much higher, even with recent tuition reduction.