2019-2020 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A WOHOOOO

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats all! Make sure to join the fb page and submit your campus placements!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know that the rest of us were probably pushed back to next month but just for my sanity did you guys get an email or portal update? Or both?

OoOoOoOoO woke up from a nap and saw the acceptance email!! :D

Any info on when second look is?

Reactions: 1 user
OoOoOoOoO woke up from a nap and saw the acceptance email!! :D

Any info on when second look is?

Chicago campus second look day is April 3rd, but everyone is likely going to get an email after they are placed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No word today... Interviewed in SEPTEMBER. I’ve got to be waiting for the inevitable R for sure.

"Accepted!" 2/20 Whew! My top interview choice and seems like a fine institution indeed

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A yesterday!!! My first one, super excited about this school!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Chicago campus second look day is April 3rd, but everyone is likely going to get an email after they are placed!

How long does it take them to get back to us on campus placement?

How long does it take them to get back to us on campus placement?

It took around 2 weeks for me, but that was back in November. I would assume it will be a faster turnaround at this time of the year, but who knows

Accepted - Interviewed Mid-January at Chicago campus

Reactions: 3 users
Probably a dumb question, but is everyone’s second look at Chicago or do Rockford and Peoria have them too? Was wondering if the location of the second look invitation is where you end up getting assigned.

Probably a dumb question, but is everyone’s second look at Chicago or do Rockford and Peoria have them too? Was wondering if the location of the second look invitation is where you end up getting assigned.

My friend who’s going to Rockford got a Rockford-specific second look email, so I think they’re based on your campus assignment.

does anyone know the next time the admissions committee is expected to meet?
thank you in advance!

does anyone know the next time the admissions committee is expected to meet?
thank you in advance!
Third Thursday of every month. I got my acceptance a little over a week later so don’t worry if you don’t get it exactly on the date

me submitting my UMed app 2 hours before the deadline yesterday

2qkg78.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know when second look starts/ends? I know Chicago campus is April 3rd but that's to the extent of my knowledge

Does anyone know when second look starts/ends? I know Chicago campus is April 3rd but that's to the extent of my knowledge
All campuses hold second look on April 3rd.

Has anybody appealed their campus assignment? Got assigned Rockford, but hoping I’m moved to Chicago.

Does anyone know how competitive the longitudinal programs such as UMED is? Like how many applicants do they usually get?

Does anyone know how competitive the longitudinal programs such as UMED is? Like how many applicants do they usually get?

My advisor mentioned that several hundred apply. Not sure how many get an interview. I imagine those that just want certain campus placements and it’s transparent probably don’t get invited for an interview. If you have a genuine interest in their programs, like global medicine or urban medicine, then you might have a good shot.

All of this is word of mouth though.

My advisor mentioned that several hundred apply. Not sure how many get an interview. I imagine those that just want certain campus placements and it’s transparent probably don’t get invited for an interview. If you have a genuine interest in their programs, like global medicine or urban medicine, then you might have a good shot.

All of this is word of mouth though.

Several hundred might apply, but only those who have been accepted will be considered. I think ~550 acceptances were given last cycle (I’m guessing from memory, I no longer have access to the MSAR) and let’s say ~300 were given Chicago, since it’s the largest campus. Out of the remaining 250, maybe half are unhappy enough to actually put in the effort to apply to UMED or GMED. Add that to the accepted Chicago students who will apply and you’re maybe competing against ~200 other applicants. Granted I have no idea what the real numbers look like and everything I just said is essentially bs lol, but I think it’s reasonable bs.

Several hundred might apply, but only those who have been accepted will be considered. I think ~550 acceptances were given last cycle (I’m guessing from memory, I no longer have access to the MSAR) and let’s say ~300 were given Chicago, since it’s the largest campus. Out of the remaining 250, maybe half are unhappy enough to actually put in the effort to apply to UMED or GMED. Add that to the accepted Chicago students who will apply and you’re maybe competing against ~200 other applicants. Granted I have no idea what the real numbers look like and everything I just said is essentially bs lol, but I think it’s reasonable bs.

Good point. Only those that get accepted will actually be considered!

Good point. Only those that get accepted will actually be considered!

This is very true - I got an interview for IMED, but it was rescinded when they found out they hadn't interviewed me for the MD program yet! lol

Submitted my umed super last minute. Let us know if anyone gets a umed interview. My essays were not the best so I don’t think it’s likely for me.

has anyone gotten an interview for any of the programs? hopefully they'll start sending them soon.

Not yet. I’m hoping they send them out soon. I’m not sure how I’ll do the interview if my second look is at a different campus.

Not yet. I’m hoping they send them out soon. I’m not sure how I’ll do the interview if my second look is at a different campus.
I thought about that to. I was like I would really like to go to my second look In case I don’t get into umed. I’m just here hoping I do.

Does anyone know if they're sending out anymore II? :(

How long should I wait for a site assignment before emailing them to check in about it?

Do you get any sort of confirmation after emailing your application for a program? I haven't gotten a response and am paranoid that I submitted it incorrectly :thinking:

Does anyone know if they're sending out anymore II? :(
When I interviewed at Rockford on the 25th, they said that was their last day and Peoria’s last day of interviews. They said Chicago had one or two more interview days

Do they send an email when they give your campus assignment? or is it only listed on the portal?

oh yikes. I applied to GMED and their instructions for submission weren't as detailed as UMED... wondering if this might be an issue now
Nah I applied GMED and didn’t get a confirmation either

Do they send an email when they give your campus assignment? or is it only listed on the portal?
No email but if you’ve been accepted it’s worth emailing them and asking. They updated my portal with campus assignment when I emailed

Has anyone’s prerequisites been marked complete on the portal?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from campus reassignment petition?? I know they say they don’t consider until after 4/30 which I think is sooo late. So then does that mean just radio silence?? Im not sure if I’m gonna do it if it’s just two months of silence

Has anyone heard back from campus reassignment petition?? I know they say they don’t consider until after 4/30 which I think is sooo late. So then does that mean just radio silence?? Im not sure if I’m gonna do it if it’s just two months of silence

Nope. They’ll start reviewing the appeals early May. Does not seem like they will make any decisions before reviewing. So yes, radio silence until then.

Has anyone’s prerequisites been marked complete on the portal?

I called them about this and they told me it takes them a bit to check the transcripts, but once that process is finished, the prereqs should be marked “complete”

I called them about this and they told me it takes them a bit to check the transcripts, but once that process is finished, the prereqs should be marked “complete”

Ooh shoot are y’all sending transcripts already? Gotta get on that too lol

• Haha
Just got the acceptance email! Interviewed at the end of January