2019-2020 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only thing we can do is hope for the best and expect the worst. There will always be other opportunities. To make it this far is a testimony to our potential. Keep your heads up everyone!

That's what I keep thinking:) We all made it this far which means we all have the potential for our goals/dreams.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Moving into the last week with lots of uncertainty. After last couple weeks of waiting together, I truly want everyone of you to get an acceptance as much as I want it for myself. Good luck to us.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook group went from 345 to 362 today.

for real ? Aw man ... my uncertainty for this week is through the roof I’m really really hoping we hear good news this week .. it’s been such a rough and long cycle

So approximating how many got accepted .. isn’t that almost majority or T1s ? If they’re all incoming med students .. right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I emailed admissions about wait time and this is what they said:

I want to recognize the difficult position of the candidates still on our waitlist. This has been an extraordinary year. While waitlisted candidates are always in a difficult spot, this year in particular we have had to ask for their patience. I have not sent general update messages to all of our waitlist candidates because I know that communication that doesn’t advance the process for an individual is likely to provoke anxiety – which is, of course, the opposite of my intended effect.

Because of the pandemic, medical schools have had all of their operations significantly impeded. Our Admissions committee has kept our waitlist active late into the year to ensure that MSUCOM will be able to offer seats to as many students as we possibly can. As I likely mentioned on your interview day, it’s my hope that we can make as many offers as possible to applicants each cycle.

Nevertheless, we will be concluding our process soon. I hope that by the end of this week we can provide a final status to all.

Sincerely,

Lyman

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I emailed admissions about wait time and this is what they said:

I want to recognize the difficult position of the candidates still on our waitlist. This has been an extraordinary year. While waitlisted candidates are always in a difficult spot, this year in particular we have had to ask for their patience. I have not sent general update messages to all of our waitlist candidates because I know that communication that doesn’t advance the process for an individual is likely to provoke anxiety – which is, of course, the opposite of my intended effect.

Because of the pandemic, medical schools have had all of their operations significantly impeded. Our Admissions committee has kept our waitlist active late into the year to ensure that MSUCOM will be able to offer seats to as many students as we possibly can. As I likely mentioned on your interview day, it’s my hope that we can make as many offers as possible to applicants each cycle.

Nevertheless, we will be concluding our process soon. I hope that by the end of this week we can provide a final status to all.

Sincerely,

Lyman

Such a beautiful and empathetic response honestly . So he’s confirmed that movement off the waitlist will happen by the end of this week and decisions will be given by Friday . Hoping for the best for all of us !!

What did you email him exactly ? We’re you just asking about movement ?

Such a beautiful and empathetic response honestly . So he’s confirmed that movement off the waitlist will happen by the end of this week and decisions will be given by Friday . Hoping for the best for all of us !!

What did you email him exactly ? We’re you just asking about movement ?

Yeah, I just asked if they will extend the deadline because of the whole situation happening.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys all check your email .. did you get an email from MSUcom ??

Just got an email saying they cannot offer me an admission

The cycle is done. For all of us who have not gotten an offer, maybe we are destined for better. Maybe we just need that one extra year. We should not give up. Let's try again and score an admission next year. At MSUCOM or somewhere else, I know we will be the best doctors.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Did u get accepted? U were from Tier 1

No I got the email saying they were done, and yes I was from T1 waitlist . I’m a bit saddened at the outcome , but hopefully better comes for all of us soon . We got this and this is just a small bump on a long journey ahead .

Members don't see this ad :)
Tier 1, rejected as well. Rejection is not the end, but a delay. I bought a massage chair. Gunna enjoy my summer. Encourage everyone to do the same Good luck you guys and remember we are the ones who assign meaning to these events. We decide how we choose to react and where we go next.

Reactions: 2 users
Tier 1, rejected as well. Rejection is not the end, but a delay. I bought a massage chair. Gunna enjoy my summer. Encourage everyone to do the same Good luck you guys and remember we are the ones who assign meaning to these events. We decide how we choose to react and where we go next.

Very beautifully worded ! We decide and add meaning to these events thank you and best of luck to us all

Do any of you think if we ask Lyman how many people were placed on and taken from the waitlist he would tell us? I’m curious how close we were

Reactions: 1 users
Do any of you think if we ask Lyman how many people were placed on and taken from the waitlist he would tell us? I’m curious how close we were
I'm wondering that too. His previous email made it seem like they were holding out seats to make bunch of offers toward the end of the cycle, but everyone got rejected. What if few people withdraw tomorrow? Wouldnt they wanna fill them up?

He is a nice guy and I think he will answer specific questions now since the cycle is over.

I'm wondering that too. His previous email made it seem like they were holding out seats to make bunch of offers toward the end of the cycle, but everyone got rejected. What if few people withdraw tomorrow? Wouldnt they wanna fill them up?

He is a nice guy and I think he will answer specific questions now since the cycle is over.
My question exactly. There are a couple of people waitlisted at other schools..for sure I feel like seats will be open, this doesn’t make sense.

Are you planning on reaching out? If so, could you keep us posted?

I tried to reach out and see how large the waitlist was but they can’t give that information unfortunately

Withdrew my A just now. I hope you all start seeing movement this week, and I believe you will. Best of luck to all of you, it's not easy to be on the waitlist and not know what your chances are of being accepted. Sorry to you all, all I can say is stay strong.

Hey !! Thank you for letting us know . But they rejected everyone from the waitlist .. so I don’t think they will be accepting anyone else at this point . If anyone does get accepted though .. please post here just so we know for future reference !!

Hey !! Thank you for letting us know . But they rejected everyone from the waitlist .. so I don’t think they will be accepting anyone else at this point . If anyone does get accepted though .. please post here just so we know for future reference !!
I’m really sorry to hear that, it’s surprising to see that they already went ahead and rejected everyone off the waitlist. As they have had people drop up until Friday day of class, year after year. If true, it’s a poor decision on their part, as they now have to re-open that waitlist and offer positions to people (which could be what will happen over these next few days). Best of luck.

Does anyone have any insight on when MSU will send out secondary apps for 2020-2021 cycle? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, couldn't find one for the upcoming cycle.