2019-2020 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there anything you do not like about the school? Just trying to get as much of an informed decision as possible.
For me, maybe that there isn’t a cafeteria. It’s a very tiny nitpick. I really loved everything about the school. The people, staff, buildings(architecture/design), the mentors provided, the location..I think you get my point

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a way to get back in and view your secondary? I remember some talk about a guaranteed admission program. Basically they accept you into the following cycle contingent on completing the medical certificate program and getting As and Bs and at least a 492 MCAT. My MCAT is above that but I don't recall seeing this as on option on the secondary.

Is there a way to get back in and view your secondary? I remember some talk about a guaranteed admission program. Basically they accept you into the following cycle contingent on completing the medical certificate program and getting As and Bs and at least a 492 MCAT. My MCAT is above that but I don't recall seeing this as on option on the secondary.

Just call the school

Members don't see this ad :)
Just call the school
Easy enough. Thanks for the quick reply. Hypothetically, how often would an applicant need to call or email before they get tired of hearing from them... asking for a friend

II today - IS MCAT 505, cGPA 3.96, complete 8-26

Reactions: 2 users
Easy enough. Thanks for the quick reply. Hypothetically, how often would an applicant need to call or email before they get tired of hearing from them... asking for a friend

A couple. Dont over do it

Reactions: 1 users
II earlier today for the 26th. Complete on 8/19. In state, 506 mcat, 3.66 cgpa, 3.43 sgpa, and 3.78 gpa so far for master’s program.

Reactions: 4 users
To those who have interviewed - what were you asked, how long was it, and how many interviewers were there? They told me interviews last from 10am-12pm, so just wondering if there’s like a time window where I go in or something like that. Thanks I’m advance

To those who have interviewed - what were you asked, how long was it, and how many interviewers were there? They told me interviews last from 10am-12pm, so just wondering if there’s like a time window where I go in or something like that. Thanks I’m advance

Go to the interviews section of this website.

Just know why DO, why osu, why primary care, etc.

and dont be weird

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

It’s like a 30 minute time slot you interview in, and the rest of the 2 hours you just kind of chill if I remember correctly.

Reactions: 1 user
There was also a group discussion thing

In*
There was also a group discussion thing
Thanks guys!

Do you think an IS student with a MCAT of 492 would get an II? Major is mechanical engineering.

Do you think an IS student with a MCAT of 492 would get an II? Major is mechanical engineering.

Probably would have to have other things absolutely stellar to get a look

I highly doubt it. I don’t think you would even qualify for the bridge program with that low of a MCAT.

I highly doubt it. I don’t think you would even qualify for the bridge program with that low of a MCAT.

I know of someone who did bridge with lower actually, but you would probably have to be a minority/underserved/or have a parent with a big check honestly.

I would plan on retaking the MCAT, because a 492 is low for any DO school tbh.

I definitely still applied because their average MCAT is only a 500. And I’ve been to several on campus events, know recruiters, and have great extracurriculars and volunteer. Just worried about my MCAT since that is the lowest they accept.

I definitely still applied because their average MCAT is only a 500. And I’ve been to several on campus events, know recruiters, and have great extracurriculars and volunteer. Just worried about my MCAT since that is the lowest they accept.

I am just giving you the advice I would give anyone. I would plan on retaking it, and hope that you get accepted and don't have to

You should absolutely retake the MCAT, there is a big difference between a 23rd percentile MCAT and 50th. I’ve never heard of someone getting accepted with that low of a score and if you did you would be at risk of failing the boards. Try uworld to work on content knowledge gaps.

Last edited:
II today, IS complete 9/11
Interviewing the 26th!

interviewed a week earlier than you guys and have heard nothing, does this mean waitlist? :(

interviewed a week earlier than you guys and have heard nothing, does this mean waitlist? :(
The info after the interview was that it either will be a phone call if accepted or an email in case of being waitlisted or rejected. Check your spam folder?

Upon acceptance you get also a hard copy of the letter with a copy of Bob Jones’ “The difference the DO makes.” What a thoughtful thing...

How many of those accepted also applied to OU and are waiting to hear from them?

How many of those accepted also applied to OU and are waiting to hear from them?
Not accepted to OSU yet (interviewing today), but it looks like OU started sending IIs late in September or early the first week of October last year.
Also, good luck to everyone else interviewing at OSU today. I’ll see you all there.

Edit: from the OU forum, looks like first IIs went out 9/27.

Last edited:
For those who have submitted the secondary, how did you guys approach the "optional" essay? Thanks!

I talked about my son with autism (Aspergers before DSM-5).

what was the optional essay? I cannot go back and view the secondary

Required Essay: What is your most important relationship or who is the most influential person in your life and why? Word Count: 300

Optional: Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you? Word Count: 500

Required Essay: What is your most important relationship or who is the most influential person in your life and why? Word Count: 300

Optional: Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you? Word Count: 500
I don’t recall writing anything. It may be a good place to answer “why OSU”

anyone been to one of the prospective student day? would love info on what to expect, what to wear, etc.

I wore a suit. Other people wore casual (shorts and flip-flops). They give you a presentation and a tour of the school.

Hey everyone, quick question for those accepted or current MS's at OSU-COM.

I got an acceptance here, and I want to hold my spot even though I'm continuing to interview with other schools throughout the cycle. So do I go ahead and pay the deposit and fill out all the information now to hold my seat, and if I decide to choose another school later I can withdraw? I know the deadline for submitting everything is December 14th (according to AACOMAS). I'm just not really sure about the post-acceptance process. I spent so much time focusing on getting that A originally that I have no idea what to do afterwards lmao.

Reactions: 3 users