2019-2020 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS, II today !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does this school send II to people with an MCAT <500??

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS State student 4th year. Happy to answer any questions

For OOS you want to be 3.6+ and 505+ to be safe I would say. Or have one of those much higher than that (ie: 3.2 and 510+)
What if you have a well rounded 502, 3.8GPA and 5000+ clinical hours?

Reactions: 1 user
^^^ this. Wondering if being nice and rounded can catch their eye. Being an OOS to this place is so sad. Most definitely my number 1, but I understand them focusing on IS since it’s a state school.

For OOS you want to be 3.6+ and 505+ to be safe I would say. Or have one of those much higher than that (ie: 3.2 and 510+)
I hope you are right about that lol patiently waiting...

^^^ this. Wondering if being nice and rounded can catch their eye. Being an OOS to this place is so sad. Most definitely my number 1, but I understand them focusing on IS since it’s a state school.

For OOS it is probably low, but the GPA is nice. Pretty much everyone applying is well rounded so I doubt that will stand out TBH. We get around 3k applicants which means like 2500+ are OOS, and we have ~ 10-15 OOS per class. Pretty much you want to have higher stats, and be able to explain how you fit the mission if you wanna get a look as an OOS person. If they are really your number 1 let them know. I applied late, hit them up and said "if I get accepted I will 100% come" now I am going to graduate from here in the coming months so it obviously worked out. I highly recommend being persistent because it stands out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I hope you are right about that lol patiently waiting...

You should get an interview here with those stats if you can somehow tie your app into the rural / primary care mission. If you haven't got an interview by end of september I would send a love letter. You will likely get some MD love as well.

How long did it take some of you guys to get a receipt of AACOMAS/secondary invite (mostly directed at OOS guys)? I'm getting more neurotic by the day, this was one of the DO programs I was most excited about.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take some of you guys to get a receipt of AACOMAS/secondary invite (mostly directed at OOS guys)? I'm getting more neurotic by the day, this was one of the DO programs I was most excited about.

Between the date of when i submitted and got the secondary? Took me one day. OOS.

Hey, anyone knows my portal says they don't have my recommendation letters, is this normal?

Sometimes you just have to email and they resolve the issue.my committee letter was “missing” this way....

If anyone didn't get their secondary, recommend reaching out. I had thought I was screened out for some reason but went against my gut and emailed them. Ended up being a technical error on their end and I got my secondary emailed to me manually.

Apologies for the double post, but if I indicate a preference for campus, does this have any potential negative effect?

Apologies for the double post, but if I indicate a preference for campus, does this have any potential negative effect?
it shouldnt. this is the first year for the new campus

I was under the impression that the campus in Tahlequah was created to address the needs for physicians among Native Americans and as such it’d be geared more towards this group of candidates. Of course not exclusively but that’s just the vibe I get from the tribal affiliation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been posting on this thread way too much recently, but they are having technical difficulties with their secondary portal and anticipate the system to be running normally today. So, if you were like and getting pissed when responses wouldn't save, it was something on their end lol

Well... also... it's another Tuesday! Their II's seem to have been coming on Tuesdays for the past two weeks with a lag of about 3 weeks in terms of complete -> II. Let's see if this trend can be confirmed today :)

Following the trend I still have like 1-2 weeks to maybe get a call from Tulsa...

I was just checking my secondary application and it said they received my committee letter 7/17 but AACOMAS didn’t receive it until 8/1 and I know my advisor didn’t send it until 8/1. Do you think I should email and make sure they actually got it? Or not bother them because it should be there now anyways?

I was just checking my secondary application and it said they received my committee letter 7/17 but AACOMAS didn’t receive it until 8/1 and I know my advisor didn’t send it until 8/1. Do you think I should email and make sure they actually got it? Or not bother them because it should be there now anyways?
I would call if you feel the need. Probably not a big deal tho

Anyone know the acceptance timeline? Friend said she got one within 24 hours but it was later in the cycle

Anyone know the acceptance timeline? Friend said she got one within 24 hours but it was later in the cycle
I went to a pre-admission workshop earlier this year and Lindsey said you should know within a couple weeks. They do require your CASPer results be on file before they will offer admission.

I went to a pre-admission workshop earlier this year and Lindsey said you should know within a couple weeks. They do require your CASPer results be on file before they will offer admission.
good to know! i will double check my CASPer was sent

Great school! Lovely atmosphere and culture. Incredible facilities! Had a great time!

Reactions: 2 users
NICE! Congrats on the interview invitation, again.

anyone knows how long it takes from the complete date to II? I want to send the school an ITA since ill be around the school next month

I should add that during the interview we were told decisions would come in about 1-1.5 weeks. Interviewing early is more likely to lead to a waitlist but half their class is from the waitlist.

I should add that during the interview we were told decisions would come in about 1-1.5 weeks. Interviewing early is more likely to lead to a waitlist but half their class is from the waitlist.
seriously? so interview later is better than interview earlier for this school?

My secondary didn't get sent (they acknowledged it was on their end), the system broke down for two days when I finally got the secondary, and then my MCAT score was missing (apparently there were two apps under my AACOMAS ID that they had to combine..?). I think a higher power is trying to send me a message lol