2019-2020 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe a current student can answer something I'm curious about. Does the Center for Health Sciences have a gym facility at all? Or, if not, I see the OTHER Tulsa campus seems to have a rather small but nice workout facility. Do the DO students have access to that?

CHS has a really good gym facility.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe a current student can answer something I'm curious about. Does the Center for Health Sciences have a gym facility at all? Or, if not, I see the OTHER Tulsa campus seems to have a rather small but nice workout facility. Do the DO students have access to that?
I’m a current PhD student here in my 4th year, i am seriously impressed with all of the latest improvements to our fitness amenities. In the past year alone we have added a new studio area for HIIT/yoga/step classes, expanded cardio space with new machines, and a partnership with the Tulsa YMCA for discounted memberships. In addition you are free to use the Tulsa campus gym, but just make sure the first time you go that someone is working the desk so they can give your ID card access. I’m not planning on going to med school here but I will miss our gym facilities lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the deposit, does anyone know where to pay it? There doesn't appear to be an option on the portal. Also, just to clarify– the deposit just holds your spot right? It's not a commitment that you're going to matriculate?

For the deposit, does anyone know where to pay it? There doesn't appear to be an option on the portal. Also, just to clarify– the deposit just holds your spot right? It's not a commitment that you're going to matriculate?

If it’s not showing up you might just call and ask. I remember for me it just showed up.

Yes it’s just to hold your seat and not a commitment. It is also refundable up to like April I believe, or at least it used to be

I had to accept the offer for admission on the admissions agreement form before it appeared.

I had to accept the offer for admission on the admissions agreement form before it appeared.

Just to be clear for anyone reading this, this is not a contract to attend. It's just saying you accept the offer and pay the fee to hold your seat. You are free to drop the seat until like April I believe. Unless things have drastically changed in 3 years.

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any other upcoming interviews available for anyone else, or is it already the end of the interview season.

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any other upcoming interviews available for anyone else, or is it already the end of the interview season.
They interview up until April from what I’ve read. They usually invite for an interview with about two weeks notice of the open interview date.

Hey y’all bit of a late applicant, but really impressed with this school. I was going to see how long it took to hear back from OSU regarding a II once the applicant file was completed. I’ve got a LizzyM in the 68-71 range with a 510+ MCAT and am IS. Thanks for the help and hope everyone has a successful cycle!

Hey y’all bit of a late applicant, but really impressed with this school. I was going to see how long it took to hear back from OSU regarding a II once the applicant file was completed. I’ve got a LizzyM in the 68-71 range with a 510+ MCAT and am IS. Thanks for the help and hope everyone has a successful cycle!
My LizzyM score is in the same range as yours. It took me a month after being complete to hear about an II that was scheduled for the following week (complete 7/31, II invited 9/3). Best of luck!

My LizzyM score is about a 69/70. My secondary was completed on 11/14 and got an II on 11/19. Best of luck to you!

You will get interviewed I would bet

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 12/4! Secondary complete 9/13, Interviewed 11/21.

IS, MCAT: 506, GPA 3.1, Graduate GPA 3.97

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hoping they give OOS some love as the cycle goes on.

II scheduled 01/10/20, secondary complete 10/25

Feel free to send a letter of interest or update. They seem real receptive to them

May I ask who you sent that to? I emailed someone on the admissions team with my LOI and did not get a response.

My premed advisor sent this out

OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine will now accept an out-of-state tuition waiver for newly admitted students with permanent residency in Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri.

Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
 Score at least a 500 on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT);
 Minimum of a 3.5 grade point average (GPA); and
 Minimum of a 3.5 GPA in all science coursework.

OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine will now accept an out-of-state tuition waiver for newly admitted students with permanent residency in Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri.

But not Texas?

From Arkansas and meet all criteria except sGPA and it’s a 3.41. So sad lol.
Still gotta hear back from them first though

Interview invite this morning! OOS Lizzy M: 65

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten an II recently? OOS? I really want to attend OSUCOM, as my partner lives in OK. I sent the admissions committee an email. Is there anything else I can do, or just wait?

Just got the complete email, OOS. Hoping it’s not too late for some love from OSUCOM. What do y’all think?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Just got the complete email, OOS. Hoping it’s not too late for some love from OSUCOM. What do y’all think?

It’s later in the cycle. From what I’ve seen they interview up until April. I would guess they’re getting picky at this point. I was complete 10/21 and got ii 12/17. If you have strong stats and some ties to OK you could possibly have a shot. Good luck.

It’s later in the cycle. From what I’ve seen they interview up until April. I would guess they’re getting picky at this point. I was complete 10/21 and got ii 12/17. If you have strong stats and some ties to OK you could possibly have a shot. Good luck.

Idk about ties to OK, but I have about the same LizzyM as you so that gives me some hope.

when you call to update or check your status to show interest whats the best way to phrase or approach that?
called another school and completely muddled it i think so want to show OSU i'm interested as i am OOS.

when you call to update or check your status to show interest whats the best way to phrase or approach that?
called another school and completely muddled it i think so want to show OSU i'm interested as i am OOS.
Call is fine, but email works too. If you state you have high interest that you would love to attend OSU, they seem to be extremely receptive to that. If you have high stats as well then you could have a shot. Depends when you were complete as well.

Just got the call from Dr. Dyer! Accepted to the choice of either campus!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Call is fine, but email works too. If you state you have high interest that you would love to attend OSU, they seem to be extremely receptive to that. If you have high stats as well then you could have a shot. Depends when you were complete as well.
okay thanks! was complete in early October! i already emailed them once so thats why i thought about going for a call!

Got an II this morning for 2/7

IS// complete mid November

Reactions: 3 users