2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you contact admissions, will they let you know where you are on the waitlist? Or is it better to just chill and wait. Thanks :)

If you contact admissions, will they let you know where you are on the waitlist? Or is it better to just chill and wait. Thanks :)
I doubt they will tell you. They state on the letter that it’s unranked so that means no ranking. That’s what I thought it meant.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you get waitlisted if you don't mind me asking?

When did you get waitlisted if you don't mind me asking?
I interviewed January 24th and got waitlisted February 4th. I am an out of state applicant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, the waitlist is unranked. Calling won't inform you of your position unfortunantly.

OMG you guyssss I JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL! My spirits are to the moon!

In State applicant, waitlisted end of January accepted today! Good luck to every one else still waiting!!! I almost gave up hope and have been preparing to reapply but glad I got off just now!!! Keep your hopes up!!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
OMG you guyssss I JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL! My spirits are to the moon!

In State applicant, waitlisted end of January accepted today! Good luck to every one else still waiting!!! I almost gave up hope and have been preparing to reapply but glad I got off just now!!! Keep your hopes up!!! :)
Congratulations!!! :)

Important question for you guys accepted, my email says that payment deadline is due TODAY or they will forfeit your seat. No exceptions. I paid ASAP Last Friday night and got a confirmation number of my payment but my bank account hasn’t had any money withdrawn and my banner portal still doesn’t reflect it being received.
They do say it takes a day to process but I’m still low key nervous it didn’t go and want to absolutely be sure in order to save the seat.

Do you think its just a processing delay? Also Im reaching out to admissions office and is email the best way to reach them about this? The phone number goes straight to voicemail about COVID...

If anyone can give any advice about this and give me some peace of mind

Important question for you guys accepted, my email says that payment deadline is due TODAY or they will forfeit your seat. No exceptions. I paid ASAP Last Friday night and got a confirmation number of my payment but my bank account hasn’t had any money withdrawn and my banner portal still doesn’t reflect it being received.
They do say it takes a day to process but I’m still low key nervous it didn’t go and want to absolutely be sure in order to save the seat.

Do you think its just a processing delay? Also Im reaching out to admissions office and is email the best way to reach them about this? The phone number goes straight to voicemail about COVID...

If anyone can give any advice about this and give me some peace of mind
If you got a confirmation of payment, I wouldn't worry. Email admissions if it gives you peace of mind, but I think you're good. I actually was in a similar situation when I paid my first due, and I ended up paying twice because I thought it didn't go through the first time. Congrats on the A btw!

If you got a confirmation of payment, I wouldn't worry. Email admissions if it gives you peace of mind, but I think you're good. I actually was in a similar situation when I paid my first due, and I ended up paying twice because I thought it didn't go through the first time. Congrats on the A btw!
Thanks! That’s reassuring!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get a response from them about the situation?
I called and did tell the PCOM GA admissions lady and she just said that she would mention that I called about this and that she thought they shouldn’t forfeit the seat due to a payment glitch if I had proof of trying to pay, but unfortunately she couldn’t promise anything with holding the seat and confirming anything without the admissions directors say.
I am just hoping my case is like DonDanDoc said and that the system is just lagging with processing. But I called my bank and they dont see a pending transaction so I just paid again with credit JUST IN CASE the first payment gets rejected or doesnt go through.

Heard a horror story on here earlier that someone accepted lost their seat because they didn’t pay on time and I definitely CANNOT let that happen.

Has anyone tried logging into the portal and notice it says account is locked?

Are you guys still locked out? I still am. I’m not sure if I should call and ask.

Hey guys,
I just called. They were unaware of this issue not sure what’s going on. They took my information to see if the account was locked in their end. It wasn’t. They asked me to email screenshots and explain what is going on. I am about to do that right now. I’ll keep you guys updated.

I still haven't heard back from IT yet. Has anyones portal get unlocked or is it still locked?

I still haven't heard back from IT yet. Has anyones portal get unlocked or is it still locked?
I’m sure they will fix it and get it back up running. Idk it’s better not to annoy them too much also since you never know if that can backfire.

IT said they are aware of the issue. They created a mass ticket and are currently working to fix the issue.

Mine is unlocked now.

My portal was bugged out but now it’s working! Now I get to keep seeing that I’m still waitlisted again :laugh:

Last edited:
How are the GroupMe number looking? Also anyone notice that they update the paragraph above our application on the portal.

So Facebook group number jumped to 1 person today totaling to 113. I guess someone did get in last week maybe lol.

So Facebook group number jumped to 1 person today totaling to 113. I guess someone did get in last week maybe lol.
9 of these members are second years. So 102 First years in the group. PCOM reported a first year class of 143 for the 2017-18 yr

9 of these members are second years. So 102 First years in the group. PCOM reported a first year class of 143 for the 2017-18 yr
I thought it was 132 seats according to what’s on their site from last year? Unless I’m wrong lol.

I thought it was 132 seats according to what’s on their site from last year? Unless I’m wrong lol.
We started in the 140's I believe. They seat around 135 and then you have people coming back for various reasons like health issues or family issues. Also the facebook and groupme may or may not be accurate for waitlist movement. I know an incoming 1st year who was accepted awhile ago from the waitlist, but just recently joined both those groups. Keep your heads up, people can be accepted all the way to orientation!

We started in the 140's I believe. They seat around 135 and then you have people coming back for various reasons like health issues or family issues. Also the facebook and groupme may or may not be accurate for waitlist movement. I know an incoming 1st year who was accepted awhile ago from the waitlist, but just recently joined both those groups. Keep your heads up, people can be accepted all the way to orientation!
So actual seat is around 140 each year? Sorry if I misunderstood lol.

So actual seat is around 140 each year? Sorry if I misunderstood lol.
I think from applicants they seat closer to 135, the class size gets into the 140s with the people returning that I mentioned.

Withdrew my seat today because I got into my top school. Hope one of you guys get in! God Bless!

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody get in recently or knows if new people got in through Facebook or GroupMe? I’m starting to think not many spots left :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
New to this forum. Does anyone know approximately how many applicants get put on the wait-list vs. how many are accepted?