2019-2020 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone feel like there just hasn't been that much waitlist movement this year compared to years past?
I think a lot fewer SDN users this year, and fewer who share news

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off waitlist! 5 new students added to FB group so wysdoc is right - we only see a sliver here

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted from WL a few weeks ago and declined the offer. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anybody heard any movements? It's pretty quiet in here. The last day that we will hear from the is June 1st right according to the waitlist letter?

Do you happen to know how many students are in the FB group ?

There’s 472 people in the group and last year’s class has 667 people so that only makes me hopeful that there could still be more movement. Incoming students along with faculty and alumni can be a part of the group so that’s why it’s a lot higher than the class capacity.

There’s 472 people in the group and last year’s class has 667 people so that only makes me hopeful that there could still be more movement. Incoming students along with faculty and alumni can be a part of the group so that’s why it’s a lot higher than the class capacity.

Last year’s class as in Class if 2023

Thank you so much for letting us know! That made me a little bit more hopeful since the last day of notification is June 1st, which is coming up.

Thank you so much for letting us know! That made me a little bit more hopeful since the last day of notification is June 1st, which is coming up.

June 1st isn’t the last day of notification. Most waitlist movement occurs before June 1st, but offers will still be made as seats become available.

Reactions: 1 users
June 1st isn’t the last day of notification. Most waitlist movement occurs before June 1st, but offers will still be made as seats become available.

This is true. I looked at past threads and there were some acceptance offers off the waitlist post June 1st. And those don’t include the offers made that don’t share their news on SDN. I believe offers can be made all the way up to orientation which is in mid-July. Obviously only a few but it’s possible.

This is true. I looked at past threads and there were some acceptance offers off the waitlist post June 1st. And those don’t include the offers made that don’t share their news on SDN. I believe offers can be made all the way up to orientation which is in mid-July. Obviously only a few but it’s possible.
I did not know that since I only used the waitlist letter as a reference. Thank you for letting me know!

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't necessarily think this is a good marker. All of the class pages typically have many, many people from all classes. I'm personally on 2022, 2023, and 2024. Conversely, a lot of people simply choose not to join from year to year or end up joining much later (especially those who aren't in the class).

This isn't to say there won't still be movement, just that this probably isn't a good marker.

I don't necessarily think this is a good marker. All of the class pages typically have many, many people from all classes. I'm personally on 2022, 2023, and 2024. Conversely, a lot of people simply choose not to join from year to year or end up joining much later (especially those who aren't in the class).

This isn't to say there won't still be movement, just that this probably isn't a good marker.

That's a very good information to know so that I won't be too hopeful by using it as a reference. I thought the number in the facebook group is mainly for people who are in the class. Thank you!

That's a very good information to know so that I won't be too hopeful by using it as a reference. I thought the number in the facebook group is mainly for people who are in the class. Thank you!

No problem!

The (official) class pages are almost exclusively for organization and school event advertisement throughout the year. Traditionally, students eventually will create an "unofficial" page which is where almost all of the discussion actually happens since these pages do not have faculty or administration present, and these pages are unique to each class with almost nobody from other classes on them.

I have many friends who were accepted between now and July, with one person in our class even being accepted off of the waitlist on the first day of orientation. My guess is that things will speed up after 6/1 (unless the deadline changed this year, I haven't been paying attention) when WL spots can only be offered to those who don't currently hold an acceptance to a TMDSAS school. Don't lose hope!

Wow! I got the call today and was offered a deferred acceptance into next year's class! Dr. Kennedy said that this is the first year that they are doing this, and that I will still be in consideration for a spot in this year's class if a seat becomes available.

Although I'd ideally like to have a seat in this year's class, after years of reapplying, rejection, and improving my app year after year, I can definitively say that I will be a doctor (whether it means starting at TCOM this year or next). :) I'll post another update if I end up getting offered a spot in EY20.

Cheers to anyone else in this position. I hope to be able to start next month, but I'm still so happy to have the guaranteed seat next year.

@wysdoc

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Wow! I got the call today and was offered a deferred acceptance into next year's class! Dr. Kennedy said that this is the first year that they are doing this, and that I will still be in consideration for a spot in this year's class if a seat becomes available.

Although I'd ideally like to have a seat in this year's class, after years of reapplying, rejection, and improving my app year after year, I can definitively say that I will be a doctor (whether it means starting at TCOM this year or next). :) I'll post another update if I end up getting offered a spot in EY20.

Cheers to anyone else in this position. I hope to be able to start next month, but I'm still so happy to have the guaranteed seat next year.

@wysdoc

Same! :)

Reactions: 6 users

@wysdoc
Same!! We’re going to be doctors :):)

Congratulation, you guys!! That is fantastic news!!!

Did anyone get deferred acceptance or rejections? no news at all from my ends (IS).

Fellow deferred admissions comrades: What do we do now?

• Pay deposit
  • Send in transcripts
  • Set up UNTHSC email account
What else? And what is everyone doing with their 12 months before starting TCOM Class of 2025? Work, research, etc? Boredom is setting in. I wish we could just start the program now, but I am so so grateful to be joining the Class of 2025. For me, in the meantime, I'll be working with COVID-19 clinical trials as a research assistant. What are y'all's plans?

Fellow deferred admissions comrades: What do we do now?

• Pay deposit
  • Send in transcripts
  • Set up UNTHSC email account
What else? And what is everyone doing with their 12 months before starting TCOM Class of 2025? Work, research, etc? Boredom is setting in. I wish we could just start the program now, but I am so so grateful to be joining the Class of 2025. For me, in the meantime, I'll be working with COVID-19 clinical trials as a research assistant. What are y'all's plans?

You have to accept the offer in the portal by the deadline this month, then the $1000 deposit is due in September. Setting up the email takes 5 minutes.

Other than that, find something you enjoy that makes you a little money over the next 12 months. Try to travel next Spring if our society can get COVID-19 under control. I'm a nontrad and will continue my career in clinical research until it comes to move to Fort Worth hopefully next month to join EY2020.

That's cool that you're working in COVID trials. I work in stroke research and other urgent care studies, and we're slated to start a COVID test trial as well.

Just received an email for an offer through the Deferred Admissions program!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Interesting that they are continuing to make deferred admissions offers for EY21. Unless a deferred accepted applicant got a waitlist offer today for EY20 and just hasn't reported it (and therefore they wanted to fill that seat for EY21).

I think today is the last day anyone waitlisted for EY20 to get an offer. Orientation starts Monday, and several other Texas schools have already begun orientation (meaning any last remaining seats that would've become available in the system are pretty much gone).

I also received an email today for deferred admission for 2021.

Reactions: 3 users
Same! I responded that I was interested in accepting it ~ 10 minutes after receiving it. Did y'all receive a response back about setting up a phone call? I didn't so I guess on Monday.

Same! I responded that I was interested in accepting it ~ 10 minutes after receiving it. Did y'all receive a response back about setting up a phone call? I didn't so I guess on Monday.

I didn't get a reply either. I tried calling but Dr Kennedy was out of the office.

I received an email yesterday for a deferred spot and had a chance to talk to the admissions team. It doesn’t seem like there will be more spots given for the class of 2024. Regardless, I am more than happy to have been accepted even if I have to wait one more year!

Has anyone started an Unofficial student lead groupme or facebook group for the class of 2025?

I received an email yesterday for a deferred spot and had a chance to talk to the admissions team. It doesn’t seem like there will be more spots given for the class of 2024. Regardless, I am more than happy to have been accepted even if I have to wait one more year!

Has anyone started an Unofficial student lead groupme or facebook group for the class of 2025?

I think Mr. Middleton creates a Facebook group every year. You can probably expect one to be made between now and October.

Did you speak to Dr. Kennedy or the general admissions team? I received my email Friday and I’m currently waiting for the call from Dr. Kennedy for official confirmation! Excited to be apart of the Class of 2025.

I think a GroupMe would be great for us on the deferred admission program since this seems like the first year it has been implemented and it might be useful to make sure we’re all up to date.

Did you speak to Dr. Kennedy or the general admissions team? I received my email Friday and I’m currently waiting for the call from Dr. Kennedy for official confirmation! Excited to be apart of the Class of 2025.

I think a GroupMe would be great for us on the deferred admission program since this seems like the first year it has been implemented and it might be useful to make sure we’re all up to date.

I called the admission office and actually asked to speak with Dr. kennedy. It was a pretty quick conversation regarding the terms of the offer and the to do items (deposit and accept the offer on the portal). Nothing much besides that.

I also think it would be a good idea to make a group me. That way we can keep each other updated on the news that we get and just get to know each other. We can always share the group with everyone once the facebook group gets made too.

I called the admission office and actually asked to speak with Dr. kennedy. It was a pretty quick conversation regarding the terms of the offer and the to do items (deposit and accept the offer on the portal). Nothing much besides that.

I also think it would be a good idea to make a group me. That way we can keep each other updated on the news that we get and just get to know each other. We can always share the group with everyone once the facebook group gets made too.

I made one! I can give the link out via DM.

For any of the deferred admissions people entering the Class of 2025, DM me and I can give you the link to join. I think this will be a good idea so we can communicate.

I made one! I can give the link out via DM.

For any of the deferred admissions people entering the Class of 2025, DM me and I can give you the link to join. I think this will be a good idea so we can communicate.

Ya’ll are sweet and I’m so excited for you guys to become part of our community next fall.

I got a deferred acceptance email on Friday! And Dr. Kennedy called me yesterday to discuss it. I asked him about starting a Facebook group and he said it would be a great idea. He was going to ask someone more tech-savvy to help him do that. I think it will be awesome for us to connect with each other for a year before becoming classmates! Can't wait to meet y'all :~)

I got a deferred acceptance email on Friday! And Dr. Kennedy called me yesterday to discuss it. I asked him about starting a Facebook group and he said it would be a great idea. He was going to ask someone more tech-savvy to help him do that. I think it will be awesome for us to connect with each other for a year before becoming classmates! Can't wait to meet y'all :~)
@coolgirl27 look a couple of posts above, @winnie97 has made a GroupMe connection for y'all already. Don't need to duplicate!

@coolgirl27 look a couple of posts above, @winnie97 has made a GroupMe connection for y'all already. Don't need to duplicate!

I'm just not sure if everyone who got a deferred acceptance will see this thread and know there is a GroupMe. I figured it was easier if the admissions committee who knows the list of students could make a group with everyone!

Accepted via the deferred acceptance program!

Accepted via the deferred acceptance program!
Congratulations! There is a groupme (unofficial) that we made. The person managing it is above. Send a direct message to be added!

Just was curious how many people got deferred based on the group me?

Is there anyone who actually got rejection letters from TCOM, or does TCOM give waitlist status to the majority of the interviewers?

Hello guys,

I'm a second year at TCOM and I look forward to meeting some of you in the future!
Feel free to tag me or quote this if you ever have any questions about the school, interviews, the campus, or TMDSAS in general!
There is a prompt that asks if we feel we are financially disadvantaged. If I have written about my situation in my primary application should I still write this something to answer that prompt or should I leave it blank since they probably have seen it in my primary application?