2019-2020 Virginia Tech

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What’s the April voting round?

All the applicants who were interviewed and were placed in the active-status pool are going to be voted on again. Based on the threads from the past three years (keep in mind with SDN posters being the sample size) there has been a decent amount of waitlisting and a few rejections and some acceptances. I have no idea how this translates to the overall population or how things may be different with new traffic laws, so take that at its worth I guess? Based on those threads they usually have been sending out these notifications around the 15-19 of April, so fingers crossed let's see!!
 
All the applicants who were interviewed and were placed in the active-status pool are going to be voted on again. Based on the threads from the past three years (keep in mind with SDN posters being the sample size) there has been a decent amount of waitlisting and a few rejections and some acceptances. I have no idea how this translates to the overall population or how things may be different with new traffic laws, so take that at its worth I guess? Based on those threads they usually have been sending out these notifications around the 15-19 of April, so fingers crossed let's see!!
Agreed. Agreed. Imagine being rejected because of that "tool thing" if you guys know what I am talking about.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In their position, this is a good decision. With how the state of the nation is, it’d be best to waitlist/reject everyone rather than commit to an acceptance.

They can pull off the waitlist the very next day after April 30th judging by how students react to this virus.

Or they already sent out a few acceptances and we weren’t it haha
 
Also rejected today! Interviewed with them twice and ultimately rejected each time. Regardless, thrilled to be saying in California for school! :whistle:
Congratulations on your California acceptance!!!!!!!! I am a reapplicant as well - not to VTC but to MD schools in general. I always get so confused when schools interview you a second time but still don’t see the improvement/worth you have as an applicant. So happy for your next steps!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything further? I'm dying over here.
I emailed them yesterday and they said we should be hearing back in the next few weeks. My guess is that since interviewers from November just heard back last week, December (not sure if there was a December interview day, if not December then January) will hear back this week. Then next week February will hear back.
 
I emailed them yesterday and they said we should be hearing back in the next few weeks. My guess is that since interviewers from November just heard back last week, December (not sure if there was a December interview day, if not December then January) will hear back this week. Then next week February will hear back.
Next few weeks??? I interviewed in September and haven't gotten any sort of communication after that April voting round email. (Thank you so much for sharing though!!)
 
Last edited:
I emailed them yesterday and they said we should be hearing back in the next few weeks. My guess is that since interviewers from November just heard back last week, December (not sure if there was a December interview day, if not December then January) will hear back this week. Then next week February will hear back.
I interviewed in the November group and haven't heard back. If we don't hear by tomorrow, then we can assume we are placed on the waitlist??
 
Yeah I interviewed back in October and it’s radio silence since the “April Round of Voting is about to start” email a month ago. Seems like we won’t hear anything until after the 30th for sure. Until then fingers crossed I guess? Couple weeks sounds like a while, in past years they’ve been really good about getting information out in a timely manner, wonder if this is because of the pandemic or new traffic laws or what?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also waitlisted. Honestly saw the email had come in, thought I was rejected, and was trying to find a liquor store to hit up on my way home so I could drink away my sorrows😆 They said that they interview ~280 people. I'd estimate at least 30-40 people get rejected post II. Another 70-80 acceptances have most likely been doled out. After this round of voting my guess is that they rejected 100-120 people. So with all that being said, my guess is that the waitlist is 40-80 people.
 
To the VTC adcoms that just rejected me:

30365111-6DC6-4670-A626-AAC6A0E59AE8.jpeg


In all seriousness though I’m wishing everyone here the best of luck!
 
Also waitlisted. Honestly saw the email had come in, thought I was rejected, and was trying to find a liquor store to hit up on my way home so I could drink away my sorrows😆 They said that they interview ~280 people. I'd estimate at least 30-40 people get rejected post II. Another 70-80 acceptances have most likely been doled out. After this round of voting my guess is that they rejected 100-120 people. So with all that being said, my guess is that the waitlist is 40-80 people.
WL here too. I don’t think the WL is that many people. I think it might be between 15-30, but I see there is about 5-6 on this thread rn. Who knows, but this is still great news!
 
It’s crazy that no one on here heard anything about an acceptance after the April round (or they just never posted it). I figured this was a decent sample size but I guess not?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah I expect there to be minimal WL movement at this point. There may be like 2-3 more acceptances. Looking at last years thread really gave me a realistic view of my shot of getting in at this point.
 
Nah I expect there to be minimal WL movement at this point. There may be like 2-3 more acceptances. Looking at last years thread really gave me a realistic view of my shot of getting in at this point.
The only thing that is keeping my hopes up a little is the fact that this years class size has increased, so hopefully that leaves a little higher probability for movement. Hoping for the best.