2019-2020 Virginia

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone been able to find any info on stuff like scholarly tracts / concentrations? Or does UVA SOM not offer that? Thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been able to find any info on stuff like scholarly tracts / concentrations? Or does UVA SOM not offer that? Thanks in advance!

Don’t really have tracks or concentrations as they’re not needed - options are as broad as the student is motivated, and they allow flexibility to pursue what you want. Dual degrees also available like with most schools and some of those have concentrations within them
 
I got both a submit and complete email, 3 days apart, and I’m ooS. But I submitted beginning of July... so maybe they stopped sending after some point idk.

I’m OOS - submitted this week and received complete email immediately after.
 
I still haven’t gotten one after the supplemental received email! Maybe it has to do with verifying IS status?
Could be? I'm IS, submitted everything on 7/18, and still haven't heard anything back from them yet. I followed up with the VA Status office, but haven't heard anything from them either.
 
Could be? I'm IS, submitted everything on 7/18, and still haven't heard anything back from them yet. I followed up with the VA Status office, but haven't heard anything from them either.
I got a supplemental received and an application complete email and I’m in-state.
 
Just got the secondary!

Prompts:
1 - Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine? What factors will be most important to you in choosing a medical school?
2 - How will you contribute to the diversity of your medical school class and the University of Virginia School of Medicine?
3 - Describe a situation which you found challenging. How did you manage it?

@PapaGuava
Character/word limit?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the MCAT in July so AMCAS hasn't sent in my primary. Could someone please post the character limit for the 3 secondary essays?
 
I submitted my primary here yesterday and secondary today. Hope it isn't too late haha! Turns out UVa has a dual-degree program I really really like.
 
Also, out of the countless secondaries I've done, this was the only one that made it into my spam folder. Rip.
 
Can someone confirm the character length is 350 characters for all of these essays and not 350 words? Thank you in advance!
 
So it seems from their website they give you a yes/no within a week of interviewing... does anyone know how long it takes them to give a yes/no on whether you got an interview? Is it just the same uncertainty as every other school?
 
So it seems from their website they give you a yes/no within a week of interviewing... does anyone know how long it takes them to give a yes/no on whether you got an interview? Is it just the same uncertainty as every other school?
Just sit tight could be this week could be January
 
I took the MCAT in July so AMCAS hasn't sent in my primary. Could someone please post the character limit for the 3 secondary essays?
Amcas will still send your primary without an MCAT...you are doing something wrong bruh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how receptive they are to ITA emails? Couldn't find this on any past threads. Might just yolo and go for it since this is a reach school and my expectations are low anyways lol
 
So uva has been really quiet right? Based of previous threads there should be way more activity
 
Could be crazy, but where do I check my status on the portal? I got application submitted notification but no complete notification and they've had my letters for a few days. Many other schools have me as complete in portal w/o an email -- wondering if UVA is the same.
 
Could be crazy, but where do I check my status on the portal? I got application submitted notification but no complete notification and they've had my letters for a few days. Many other schools have me as complete in portal w/o an email -- wondering if UVA is the same.
I think they disabled portal status checking. I got an email with subject "AMP Application: Application Complete" though right when I submitted my secondary (along with the "AMP Application: Supplemental Received" email).
 
Submitted 8/8, got secondary received email, but no complete email. Wondering why some applicants got the complete email automatically and others didn't. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.
 
Submitted 8/8, got secondary received email, but no complete email. Wondering why some applicants got the complete email automatically and others didn't. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.
Mine wasn’t automatic. Got the complete email a few days after the secondary received email.
 
Submitted 8/8, got secondary received email, but no complete email. Wondering why some applicants got the complete email automatically and others didn't. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.
Best guess would be that they did not have the "complete" email function set up until a few days after initial submissions were available, particularly because they were still changing the questions on the secondary after some of us had already submitted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not applying to Pitt, so not familiar. If you get a complete email early, they're more likely to reject you? That's quite something
It is likely not the case, but everyone at Pitt that has gotten an interview did not receive a complete email.