You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Virginia
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got the II this morning! IS, LM ~75, complete 7/22
II this morning! completed mid July. got confirmation email on 8/20.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Insaiyandave
Full Member
What is a confirmation email?II this morning! completed mid July. got confirmation email on 8/20.
What is a confirmation email?
+1
completion email... not the one that is automatically sent after you sent in your secondaries.What is a confirmation email?
That’s a thing....?completion email... not the one that is automatically sent after you sent in your secondaries.
Any more updates of people with IS II?
D
deleted996731
I received an ii a few days ago. IS, LM 78, complete 7/27
Any other in-state people not received an II yet? I haven't, yet I do have several other interviews so I was hoping for some love from UVA as well?
xlymphocyte
Full Member
+1Any other in-state people not received an II yet? I haven't, yet I do have several other interviews so I was hoping for some love from UVA as well?
Can anyone comment on this? I noticed I never got a reply but it seems like there’s something other than a secondary received and a secondary complete email?That’s a thing....?
Can anyone comment on this? I noticed I never got a reply but it seems like there’s something other than a secondary received and a secondary complete email?
I interviewed here and received 2 emails on the same day: secondary received and application complete
+2 UVA was the first one I submitted a secondary to and still waiting here... Praying it comes soon. My top choice.Any other in-state people not received an II yet? I haven't, yet I do have several other interviews so I was hoping for some love from UVA as well?
+2 UVA was the first one I submitted a secondary to and still waiting here... Praying it comes soon. My top choice.
Are you in-state as well? Hoping for the best for both of us 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I am. The only thing is I just moved a couple of months ago. I fit the whole " one year before matriculation" guideline but hoping they won't hold it against. me. So kinda in limboAre you in-state as well? Hoping for the best for both of us 🙂
SamWinchester
Full Member
For any in-state people - did you complete the in-state residency form, and if so, where did you submit it? I see that the email says to submit it to the University of Virginia Office of Virginia Status, but the link in the email doesn't work and I don't see a place to submit it on the office's home page.
For any in-state people - did you complete the in-state residency form, and if so, where did you submit it? I see that the email says to submit it to the University of Virginia Office of Virginia Status, but the link in the email doesn't work and I don't see a place to submit it on the office's home page.
The form has an e-mail on it
hi virginia . R u alive.
,
Last edited:
They told us at my interview date that our decisions would be released on Oct 15.They release decisions on exactly Oct 15, right?
They release decisions on exactly Oct 15, right?
Oct 15th is the first day AMCAS allows any decisions to be communicated; if this is on a weekend, it falls to the monday after. UVA releases all committee decisions for interviews held before that up to the Friday before Oct. 15
shinymolecool
New Member
Anyone have advice on best way to travel to campus? Coming from New York City Area
Anyone have advice on best way to travel to campus? Coming from New York City Area
There are flights from NYC to Charlottesville, but I'm not sure how difficult going into the city is if you're somewhat outside it to start with. If you drive, people usually just go through Baltimore and DC when going between the two but you have to be aware of traffic. Parking isn't great near the med school so a lot of people use the street parking on Jefferson Park Avenue
There are flights from NYC to Charlottesville, but I'm not sure how difficult going into the city is if you're somewhat outside it to start with.
I had a tiny bit of trouble getting an Uber from the airport, but that’s probably just because I was arriving really late at night (like after 1 AM) I was able to get one within ~20 min though.
xlymphocyte
Full Member
Charlottesville native here: I would recommend taking an Uber from the airport to wherever you’re staying. If you’re driving, I would take 78/81 to avoid major cities. Once on grounds or at your hotel (assuming it is near grounds) everything is walkable. Parking on JPA or Cherry Ave is free (across the railroad tracks from the hospital), or you could probably park in the Lee St garage for a fee (which the SOM might be able to validate). Good luck!
D
deleted996731
Anyone have any advice for the interview? Thanks in advance!
nickster121
Full Member
Just be yourself and try to relax! This was my most conversational interview; both the faculty and student were super nice.Anyone have any advice for the interview? Thanks in advance!
Waitlisted as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL
WL
premed8080
Full Member
How were yall notified? Email?
How were yall notified? Email?
WL earlier this morning 🙁. I interviewed last week so if you haven’t heard anything you’re probably accepted (or rejected). LM 82
Last edited:
Also interviewed last week
II on 10/02. IS Lizzy 77.
.
Last edited:
premed8080
Full Member
Ahh this wait is killing me - does anyone know if they release decisions by a certain time, or could it happen anytime throughout the day?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
II on 10/02. IS Lizzy 77.
When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was complete July 24.When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like last night’s sleepless night was for nothing 🙁 hopefully we hear back tomorrow or Friday!
D
deleted996731
Acceptances were sent out todayLooks like last night’s sleepless night was for nothing 🙁 hopefully we hear back tomorrow or Friday!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uh oh... not looking good I guess then! I thought the lack of a peep here meant that nothing other than WLs had gone out.
D
deleted996731
One of my friends says he got the A but maybe he’s lying. I just think it would be weird if they only sent out WL. Also the amount of WL from extremely qualified applicants makes me think that there may be a good amount of WL movementuh oh... not looking good I guess then! I thought the lack of a peep here meant that nothing other than WLs had gone out.
I don’t doubt your friend! Just find the situation weird because we were told on interview day that we’d get an A, R or WL today for sure. The silence is a little unnerving.One of my friends says he got the A but maybe he’s lying. I just think it would be weird if they only sent out WL. Also the amount of WL from extremely qualified applicants makes me think that there may be a good amount of WL movement
I don’t doubt your friend! Just find the situation weird because we were told on interview day that we’d get an A, R or WL today for sure. The silence is a little unnerving.
Ugh also thought silence meant no acceptances/rejections went out yet but now I’m nervous... I guess we’ll hear sooner or later :/
I don’t have skin in the game anymore here but they told us last week that we’d hear on the 16th if we hadn’t heard on the 15th.