2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary prompts:
If you earned a medically related certificate/license, how many hours have you worked in that role since earning your certificate/license? If not, please enter N/A. (100 Characters)

If there has been a significant economic hardship, please explain the circumstances. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If your parents are graduates of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, please list their name(s) and graduation year(s). Enter N/A if your parents are not Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Alumni. (100 Characters)

If you have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff, please list their name(s). Enter N/A if you do not have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff. (100 Characters)

If you have applied to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in a previous cycle, please indicate the year(s) of your previous application(s). Enter N/A if this is your first application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. (100 Characters)

If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If you consider yourself a non-traditional candidate, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

Briefly describe any extenuating circumstances which you believe are pertinent to your application (i.e. Poor grades, withdrawn courses, life events). If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If you have attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school, as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O., please list the name of the school and explain the reason for separation. Enter N/A if you have not attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O. (500 Characters)

If you indicated that you have connections to Ohio, Wright State University or Boonshoft School of Medicine, please explain. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Wright State University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
250 characters for each of their secondaries last year though lmao

Reactions: 1 users
250 characters for each of their secondaries last year though lmao
Good lord you're right, I even had that copied but still wrote 250 words fml...

Oh my goodness. My brain read that as 250 words. I'm glad you made that comment. Thank you!

Including spaces, I read the average word is 6 characters in a sentence. That's 41 words total. Everything leading up to this sentence is 35 words already.

I'm a nontrad whose last degree was 2006. How do I summarize 13 yrs in 41 words for the gap prompt? I guess it'll just be a pretty bare bones listing. I wonder if they like bullet points. Sigh.
This is cruel. 250 characters is cruel.

Called the school today, they haven't sent out any secondary due to payment issues. They will try to fix it and send it out by the end of this week.

Reactions: 7 users
Called the school today, they haven't sent out any secondary due to payment issues. They will try to fix it and send it out by the end of this week.
Thanks for sharing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Question, did you get a link in your email? I can't seem to find it on mine

They are about to get bombarded by a bunch of neurotic premeds haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
What's the point of sending me an email that I got a secondary if I can't even access itttttt

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Same here. Question, did you get a link in your email? I can't seem to find it on mine

I got 2 emails.
1 withthe secondary link, the other about "competencies" but there's no link in that one.
I'm at work so can't open it right now but will update as soon as I can.

Thanks for the five emails Wright State!

Reactions: 10 users
What's the point of sending me an email that I got a secondary if I can't even access itttttt
just got the second email! I think they're just taking time to send them both haha

anyone having issues with payment being declined?

welp I just gotta wait for mine then
Same lol. I want one too :arghh: I keep checking my email like a crazy person

Edit: Just received lol. All 5 emails lmao

• Haha
If you earned a medically related certificate/license, how many hours have you worked in that role since earning your certificate/license? If not, please enter N/A. (100 Characters)

If there has been a significant economic hardship, please explain the circumstances. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If your parents are graduates of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, please list their name(s) and graduation year(s). Enter N/A if your parents are not Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Alumni. (100 Characters)

If you have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff, please list their name(s). Enter N/A if you do not have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff. (100 Characters)

If you have applied to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in a previous cycle, please indicate the year(s) of your previous application(s). Enter N/A if this is your first application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. (100 Characters)

If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If you consider yourself a non-traditional candidate, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

Briefly describe any extenuating circumstances which you believe are pertinent to your application (i.e. Poor grades, withdrawn courses, life events). If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

If you have attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school, as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O., please list the name of the school and explain the reason for separation. Enter N/A if you have not attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O. (500 Characters)

If you indicated that you have connections to Ohio, Wright State University or Boonshoft School of Medicine, please explain. If none, please enter N/A. (500 Characters)

lot more demographic checkbox questions.
Verified 7/17
2ndary rec. 7/18 in 2 emails, one just a message, second with a liasoncas AAMC login link

@PapaGuava

Reactions: 4 users
anyone having issues with payment being declined?
mine was declined too
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 12.08.27.png

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
has the payment situation been fixed? debating whether to submit it now or just wait

Edit: nvm just got the email from them saying that there is an error and they will email me when it is fixed

Anybody else gotten 9 emails from Wright State so far? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
secondary received, tried to submit but got a payment error. They sent an email out saying they're fixing it.

So should I just wait to submit the secondary until I get the "ok we fixed it" email?

Edit: it's fixed.

Last edited:
Just got an email that payment issue is resolved.
Pay away everyone!!

Officially paid and submitted! Good luck all!

Reactions: 3 users
What does the "Program Competencies" part entail? Should I be prepared to write some short essays?
Nope, it is just matching your classes to the prereqs

So in addition to the payment there are also "Program Competencies" "Program Prerequisites" "Submit additonal documentation". We should only be completing the "Program Competencies" and "Program Prerequisites" correct?

Just an FYI they changed the character limits from 250 to 500!! I didnt realize until after I submitted and only wrote 250 when I could have elaborated more. Dont be like me

Secondary received! They sent two emails, one with the link and the other with instructions to set up an account. But after clicking on the link, there was no need to set up an account? It just took me to their secondary portal and had me log on through AMCAS. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is the last question a mistake? I worked part-time during the semester, but the question says summer again.

Try a different card. I tried an Amex and it still declined and then I used Discover and it worked.

Seems to be an Amex issue then. I did Amex first, then Visa and it worked

Try a different card. I tried an Amex and it still declined and then I used Discover and it worked.
Thanks I tried a different card and it did work. No sky miles for me!

Submitted; thought my card got declined (using master) but my dumba$s just typed the last 4 wrong...:dead:

• Haha