2025-2026 Ohio State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just checked my portal and I think it just updated saying I’m placed on the alternate list for CMT track.

Does this have any special meaning? Am I mistaken for thinking this is different than deferred ?
SAME. I didn’t get an email or anything, I randomly looked and it changed from defered to alternate list. Have you heard anything? I am also CMT!!
 
SAME. I didn’t get an email or anything, I randomly looked and it changed from defered to alternate list. Have you heard anything? I am also CMT!!
is this what yalls is saying?:
The Admissions Committee of The Ohio State University College of Medicine has completed a review of your credentials. At this time, your application has been placed on the alternate list. This decision indicates that while your application is considered competitive, we have a limited number of seats in our class and a large number of highly qualified candidates.

- I am on regular track I think lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten off of the OSU waitlist recently? Does anyone know what if historically there will be movement next week or if someone has gotten off recently?
 
Has anyone gotten off of the OSU waitlist recently? Does anyone know what if historically there will be movement next week or if someone has gotten off recently?
I have no idea but the one other school I have gotten into (Rush) has a commit to enroll deadline of Monday. I'll probably give a call to the admissions office on Monday to see if they will have any waitlist movement and if not I'll need to withdraw but I can also ask them if they had any other movement. I know a some of the med students there currently and I'd say most of them were waitlisted and got off in May/June but to be fair that's only like 5 people so take that with a grain of salt lol.
 
I have no idea but the one other school I have gotten into (Rush) has a commit to enroll deadline of Monday. I'll probably give a call to the admissions office on Monday to see if they will have any waitlist movement and if not I'll need to withdraw but I can also ask them if they had any other movement. I know a some of the med students there currently and I'd say most of them were waitlisted and got off in May/June but to be fair that's only like 5 people so take that with a grain of salt lol.
can you update with how the call goes? im in a similar boat but have some time. If they tell u theres no more movement I might give up lol im so emo tho
 
can you update with how the call goes? im in a similar boat but have some time. If they tell u theres no more movement I might give up lol im so emo tho
Alrighty so just got off the phone to confirm I withdrew from their WL. They stated that *historically* there is movement at the beginning of the month, as well as mid-month, and one last push right before their CTE of July 1st. I asked about the admissions committee meeting bi-weekly and she said that while they still meet they add people off the waitlist on a per-need basis as people withdraw their acceptances. She didn't say if there would be a lot of movement or how many people would be taken off the waitlist but from what I gather from friends I know as well as my conversation with her there is still a chance that you can get an A prior to July 1st (although if you have other As she did say OSU's July 1st was one of the later ones so you may have to CTE somewhere else before then).

Anyways Cheers to all those who got accepted and stay strong to all my waitlist warrior friends! You all will be incredible physicians!
Johnny Depp Salute GIF
 
Anyone know if there’s been any movement for the CMT program or if anyone accepted into it knows whether or not anyone plans to withdraw possibly??