2025-2026 Ohio State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How good are they with aid (need and merit)? And would you know if they're open to negotiating scholarships, even if they don't match fully but to a great extent?
They are pretty decent with aid. I was offered a half ride for merit here, but did not bother negotiating as the COA is pretty low compared to other institutions. I don’t know of any students who were offered financial based scholarships (though they may exist!). I was offered almost a full merit/financial combo at another similarly ranked space, but the COA after each scholarship nearly equaled out so I didn’t have much leverage. They offer other scholarships that you can apply for down the road as well to stack on anything already given (ie. top of class, research awards, random drawing for 2k for learning about budgeting, etc).

One thing to note for merit is that most of them require maintaining an 85% or higher
 
Last edited:
They are pretty decent with aid. I was offered a half ride for merit here, but did not bother negotiating as the COA is pretty low compared to other institutions. I don’t know of any students who were offered financial based scholarships (though they may exist!). I was offered almost a full merit/financial combo at another similarly ranked space, but the COA after each scholarship nearly equaled out so I didn’t have much leverage. They offer other scholarships that you can apply for down the road as well to stack on anything already given (ie. top of class, research awards, random drawing for 2k for learning about budgeting, etc).

One thing to note for merit is that most of them require maintaining an 85% or higher
did you hear back about your scholarship at the time of acceptance or later?

Additionally, how strong would you say the research opportunities are? I have heard a lot of good things about the clinical trainings
 
did you hear back about your scholarship at the time of acceptance or later?

Additionally, how strong would you say the research opportunities are? I have heard a lot of good things about the clinical trainings
I was accepted around nov and heard about my scholarship 4-5 months later (mid march I think).

Extremely strong research opportunities. Honestly one of the best draws of the COM. We have multiple research groups who compile a huge list of specialists open to students, research opportunities offered across the country, loads of mentors, etc. We also have a summer research program that students can do that is paid. Besides that, the other hospitals nearby are always doing research as well. You will have absolutely no problem getting 2nd/3rd author as a first year, and first authors after that. Plus there are also opportunities for the COM to pay for your travel to conferences!
 
Last edited:
Anybody else who was previously deferred have the text at left of the “Current Action” box on the Vitals portal change to say you’ve been placed on the alternate list? Or really, has anybody’s text there NOT changed to say that?
 
Anybody else who was previously deferred have the text at left of the “Current Action” box on the Vitals portal change to say you’ve been placed on the alternate list? Or really, has anybody’s text there NOT changed to say that?
Yeah my text changed to say that. Although the Choose Your Medical School Tool had stated that a while before I noticed that the text on Vitals changed.
 
Last edited:
does osu accept LOIs? i can't find anything about them on their website
The MSAR has this in the OSU section but I'm not sure it's 100% accurate. Prior threads had people talking about LOI's but I'm not sure if OSU actually accepts them or not.
1774012690301.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess my real question is: does/has OSU rejected a single person they interviewed?
same question!! because i know Rowan does the same **** where everyone post interview is accepted or alt listed. which is lowkey incredibly frustrating. like just reject me at tht point so i can move on. sorry for the crash out lol! this cycle has been interesting to say the least
 
I called a few weeks ago and asked if they accepted letters of intent and they said yes and to email it. I emailed one but they didn't respond to the email/confirm anything and I'm worried wondering if I should confirm they received it or something like that? I don't want to be overbearing but want them to know they're my top choice..... Thank you!
 
I was accepted around nov and heard about my scholarship 4-5 months later (mid march I think).

Extremely strong research opportunities. Honestly one of the best draws of the COM. We have multiple research groups who compile a huge list of specialists open to students, research opportunities offered across the country, loads of mentors, etc. We also have a summer research program that students can do that is paid. Besides that, the other hospitals nearby are always doing research as well. You will have absolutely no problem getting 2nd/3rd author as a first year, and first authors after that. Plus there are also opportunities for the COM to pay for your travel to conferences!
Thank you so much!
Btw do you guys recieve any freebies, like jackets or ipad or uworld lol
 
Thank you so much!
Btw do you guys recieve any freebies, like jackets or ipad or uworld lol
Yes! We get a bunch of random things to help. We get a new iPad with a fabric case, uworld during second year, my class got stethoscopes from the alumni, plus some other goodies. We didn’t get any free jackets, but we have a patagonia, Nike, lululemon, etc sale from student gov every year
 
So is everyone that was deferred WL now? I'm confused cuz on the website it said that it wouldn't happen till the 30th of april
Idk. Vitals says "alternate list" but I don't know if that's functionally different than a waitlist. I'm pretty sure they've completed all of their interviews and they usually have a two week turnaround so I assume they've had plenty of opportunity to "review more applicants" (at least by the 27th because I believe that's at least two weeks from their last interview date) so it definitely feels like a waitlist.
 
Idk. Vitals says "alternate list" but I don't know if that's functionally different than a waitlist. I'm pretty sure they've completed all of their interviews and they usually have a two week turnaround so I assume they've had plenty of opportunity to "review more applicants" (at least by the 27th because I believe that's at least two weeks from their last interview date) so it definitely feels like a waitlist.
alternate list is the same as the waitlist
 
For those of you that aren’t on admit, someone said they called admissions today, and merit scholarships are supposed to be emailed out by EOD
 
I’m the person who called in today on admit!

The financial aid staff did mention that scholarships are fully handled and sent out by the “scholarship committee”. They were supposed to finalize them today, but since no one has gotten it, I’m assuming they’re just behind.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad