You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Ohio State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sillygooseontheloose
New Member
Thanks for the info and good luck tomorrow!!I think CMT they only release results once a month but idk i wish I did
SlipperyFish
Full Member
Happy for you, I’d be lying if I said reading this didn’t instill dread into me for not seeing it in my AMCAS account tooIS A via the choose your medical school tool!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bathtubturtle
New Member
OOS A, choose your medical school tool
helpmegetthroughthis
Full Member
Is there a group me for admitted students?
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
CMT is usually on a different timeline and has a separate admissions teams so don't stress too muchHappy for you, I’d be lying if I said reading this didn’t instill dread into me for not seeing it in my AMCAS account too
SlipperyFish
Full Member
Lol, my neuroticism got the best of me there. Not gunna lie reading this made me feel betterCMT is usually on a different timeline and has a separate admissions teams so don't stress too much
D
deleted1234722
CMT is usually on a different timeline and has a separate admissions teams so don't stress too much
I got the email saying they were done interviewing
Is that for CMT only or overall?
+1 Deferred 🥲
SlipperyFish
Full Member
Same here+1 Deferred 🥲
accidentalsealskin59
Full Member
OOS A on 2/27. Received email notification then call from Dr. Rankin!
shinymagikarp
Full Member
Are IIs done for Ohio State? Looks like there may have been a couple in March last year
jardin5697
Full Member
I got an email for OOS II today...? shocked, but extremely excited
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jardin5697
Full Member
Are IIs this late in the cycle usually waitlised? Does anyone have any info on this?I got an email for OOS II today...? shocked, but extremely excited
jackfrost59
Full Member
wow congrats! when is ur date?
jardin5697
Full Member
3/9!wow congrats! when is ur date?
MikeyMPH
Full Member
Dr. Rankin said that no one who interviews is automatically waitlisted even this late into the cycle. Although I don’t know what % of the recent interviews were deferred decision/waitlist.Are IIs this late in the cycle usually waitlised? Does anyone have any info on this?
banananorfork
New Member
When I interviewed in feb, she said that at this point applicants are interviewing for a spot in the class and not a spot on the waitlist. So you'll either hear a yes or a no. But it looks like there have been recent deferrals? I can't tell if deferrals mean waitlisted or basically an R?Are IIs this late in the cycle usually waitlised? Does anyone have any info on this?
I wouldn't worry too much about this right now. If you got an interview that means there are acceptances to give out, so focus on crushing it!
banananorfork
New Member
I wouldn't put too much thought into the campus tour email. They most likely do this because the interviews are virtual and they probably send this out to everyone who interviewsInterviewed on 3/2 , IS , results might come by 3/20
I got an campus tour email
Does it mean anything?
MikeyMPH
Full Member
Yeah I don't think it affects their decision. I went on the tour because I actually work at the med-center and wanted to snag a free lunch (also I haven't actually been through certain parts of the med-school). It was cool but I don't think it affected my application at all because I was deferred a week later lol. I would suggest going if you feel like learning more about the school from students but don't feel pressured to. Everyone else on the tour was also someone who hadn't had a final decision yet.Interviewed on 3/2 , IS , results might come by 3/20
I got an campus tour email
Does it mean anything?
Produce Sweaty 456
Full Member
Any idea if this school accepts letter of intents following deferral postinterview? Hearing mixed comments
Are they done with interview invites
Sohelpmegod
New Member
do you have any updates?Any idea if this school accepts letter of intents following deferral postinterview? Hearing mixed comments
Produce Sweaty 456
Full Member
nope 🙁do you have any updates?
randomstudentgirl
New Member
congrats on this + i hope your interview is going well today!! can I ask what time they sent the invite/did you get an email or did it just show up in your vitals portal?? still holding out hope even though the last interview slot is supposed to be this WedsI got an email for OOS II today...? shocked, but extremely excited
D
deleted1222336
i think msar says nodo you have any updates?
Has anyone gotten any financial aid from OSU yet? They had mentioned that we're automatically eligible for scholarships and was wondering if those already went out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jardin5697
Full Member
I had really short notice and got an interview offer via email on 3/6, so 3 days before my interview today! my vitals was not updated till 3/7, so after i accepted the offer, also via email. and thank you 🙂congrats on this + i hope your interview is going well today!! can I ask what time they sent the invite/did you get an email or did it just show up in your vitals portal?? still holding out hope even though the last interview slot is supposed to be this Weds![]()
jackfrost59
Full Member
Are there decisions going out tmrw?
rankedpanda
New Member
i think so. for those who found out through the choose your medical school tool what time did that update?
helpmegetthroughthis
Full Member
Is there a group me for accepted students?
jackfrost59
Full Member
Hows everyone feeling for friday?
SeaMonster
Full Member
Hey all! I currently go here (finishing up M1 year). I don’t sign on here often but if anyone has questions about the program, lmk
jackfrost59
Full Member
anyone know what time the CYMS tool updates?
rankedpanda
New Member
Someone on admit said it already updated for them
jackfrost59
Full Member
Cooked
jackfrost59
Full Member
What time?Mine also updated on CYMS
saltykiosk
Full Member
OOS A! Through CYMS. Updated 8:45 ET
How good are they with aid (need and merit)? And would you know if they're open to negotiating scholarships, even if they don't match fully but to a great extent?Hey all! I currently go here (finishing up M1 year). I don’t sign on here often but if anyone has questions about the program, lmk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
astrocyte20
Full Member
OOS A! Through CYMS. Updated 8:45 ET
Congratulations!!!!OOS A! Through CYMS. Updated 8:45 ET
This is big news
Can you please let me know your LM score
saltykiosk
Full Member
I remember reading all the previous years threads to see I have a chance, so For future applicants reading this, I have sub 3.5 gpa and got A today.
OSU does not screen GPA, you have a chance
OSU does not screen GPA, you have a chance
SlipperyFish
Full Member
I just checked my portal and I think it just updated saying I’m placed on the alternate list for CMT track.
Does this have any special meaning? Am I mistaken for thinking this is different than deferred ?
Does this have any special meaning? Am I mistaken for thinking this is different than deferred ?
Last edited: