2025-2026 Ohio State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is there anything we have to complete after acceptance right now?

I was wondering if there are any forms we have to fill or deposit we must pay at this time.
 
Hi, I am IS and was deferred post-interview on 11/7. Ohio State is by far my top choice. I had no idea about the protocol for letters of update/interest/intent. I submitted a letter of intent with updates in my Vitals but now I am reading that we shouldn't do that? Should I delete it or email it instead?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am IS and was deferred post-interview on 11/7. Ohio State is by far my top choice. I had no idea about the protocol for letters of update/interest/intent. I submitted a letter of intent with updates in my Vitals but now I am reading that we shouldn't do that? Should I delete it or email it instead?
I emailed my update/intent letter after I got deferred on 11/7. I did not get a response, though, so I'm not sure if it is going to help or if it is even considered.
 
Does anyone have an idea where we’re at interview wise? I haven’t heard anything so I’m chalking it up to a loss which sucks because it was my top choice
 
Does anyone have an idea where we’re at interview wise? I haven’t heard anything so I’m chalking it up to a loss which sucks because it was my top choice
In the past OSU has given out a good amount of interviews in January so I wouldn't worry too much. I would say 60-65% have gone out, which is on the lower end compared to most other schools. Good buddy of mine interviewed mid January --> Waitlist --> Accepted in May with a 512 MCAT
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if residency (as classified by the school) affects admissions? I am an OSU alum who was born and raised in Ohio, and I listed Ohio as my state of residency on AMCAS. On my secondary, I listed myself as living in another state and financially independent, since that's technically true at this moment but wouldn't be the case when I got to med school. I got classified by OSU as a non-resident and am now worried that it's now having an effect on my interview chances.
 
Does anyone know if residency (as classified by the school) affects admissions? I am an OSU alum who was born and raised in Ohio, and I listed Ohio as my state of residency on AMCAS. On my secondary, I listed myself as living in another state and financially independent, since that's technically true at this moment but wouldn't be the case when I got to med school. I got classified by OSU as a non-resident and am now worried that it's now having an effect on my interview chances.
It shouldn't affect admissions, however it will likely affect tuition. Personally, I'm not worrying about OOS vs IS tutition until I actually get an acceptance. I would double check the Ohio Residency for Tuition Purposes section of this webpage Cost and Financial Aid | Ohio State College of Medicine to see how it would affect your tuition.

But again it shouldn't affect admissions at all (this was discussed by the dean of admissions, Dr. Rankin, in an online info sesh a good while back)

You can cross the tuition portion when you get the interview!
 
recieved the A a few weeks ago and am very excited! is there anything we need to complete to formally confirm our acceptance? I noticed a $25 fee listed, but I wanted to clarify whether this fee is required to accept the offer or to commit to enrollment. best of luck everyone!!
 
recieved the A a few weeks ago and am very excited! is there anything we need to complete to formally confirm our acceptance? I noticed a $25 fee listed, but I wanted to clarify whether this fee is required to accept the offer or to commit to enrollment. best of luck everyone!!
I don't think so, the $25 is required to commit I believe! Otherwise should be good to go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 In-State II! Yippee!
Yippee!.png
 
I have an interview coming up. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to prepare for it? It's my only MD interview.
Hi all similar question! I have an interview and am wondering if it's open/closed file? all I could find online was that you have one student and one faculty interview, so no MMI? Also, what is the normal/expected turnaround for post-ii decisions? Thank you!
 
Hi all similar question! I have an interview and am wondering if it's open/closed file? all I could find online was that you have one student and one faculty interview, so no MMI? Also, what is the normal/expected turnaround for post-ii decisions? Thank you!
Hey! OSU is basically an open file interview. On interview day, they are pretty transparent about the fact that interviewers have access to everything but GPA/grades/MCAT score. There is no MMI. They will send you an email right after interview day concludes that includes a date to expect a decision on (I'm not sure about average turnaround, but my interview day's decisions are supposed to be just 2.5 weeks post interview date!).
 
Hey! OSU is basically an open file interview. On interview day, they are pretty transparent about the fact that interviewers have access to everything but GPA/grades/MCAT score. There is no MMI. They will send you an email right after interview day concludes that includes a date to expect a decision on (I'm not sure about average turnaround, but my interview day's decisions are supposed to be just 2.5 weeks post interview date!).
You're amazing thank you so much, good luck gang
 
Hey! OSU is basically an open file interview. On interview day, they are pretty transparent about the fact that interviewers have access to everything but GPA/grades/MCAT score. There is no MMI. They will send you an email right after interview day concludes that includes a date to expect a decision on (I'm not sure about average turnaround, but my interview day's decisions are supposed to be just 2.5 weeks post interview date!)
How detail should we know our application? For example, would they be picky on how many hours per week for each experience?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all sorry for another question. Do you know if there is a preferred format for the update that you can send once you get an interview? do they want to know dates, hours, etc. of new activities or just a brief description of what you've been doing/how it's impacted you/etc.? thanks
 
Hi all sorry for another question. Do you know if there is a preferred format for the update that you can send once you get an interview? do they want to know dates, hours, etc. of new activities or just a brief description of what you've been doing/how it's impacted you/etc.? thanks
i just sent in letter format with dates and general info so i could talk more in the interview about it. i did not report hours because i wanted to give more info on what it actually was ya know and in the interview it was clear they read it so i think it's worth the time! yea what i have been doing since july and what's to come
 
i just sent in letter format with dates and general info so i could talk more in the interview about it. i did not report hours because i wanted to give more info on what it actually was ya know and in the interview it was clear they read it so i think it's worth the time! yea what i have been doing since july and what's to come
thanks goat ur awesome