2020-2021 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got the call!!! a bitch is in with scholarship oo
Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
MS1 student here if you have any questions I can answer. I had great stats and got in (over 3.9 GPA and over 520 on MCAT)), but I never imagined it would be so much work. Hope you took human phys, human development and histology or at least some of those classes. Prepare to study 70-100 hours a week, unless you are a genius and have a pedantic memory.

MS1 student here if you have any questions I can answer.
If you're involved with admissions at all, any rumors on how many they may take off the waitlist this year? Got a couple buddies on it and I'm really pulling for them.

Anyone know how much of a difference sending a LOI makes for getting off a WL?
If you are certain of where you want to go, send in a Letter of Intent. I sent in a Letter of Interest and I feel like that hurt me in the application process, so by all means, send the Letter of INTENT if that is your idea. A letter of interest (which let's them know they are in your top choices but not necessarily the TOP choice) is probably a bad idea cause if you really wanted to go there you would be sending a Letter of Intent, not a Letter of Interest.

Got an acceptance call this afternoon!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call for MD/PhD an hour ago!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from waitlist heard something? No tweets and little communication on their end has me wondering how much movement there has been.

Reactions: 2 users
I just withdrew my acceptance (OOS). Very difficult decision but I hope my spot goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mind sharing their full response?
Essentially they said that their class was full, and there would not be another large wave of waitlist acceptances. Acceptances will come as students withdraw so any movement will be sporadic up until July. I'm assuming that given the fact that those that have acceptances have paid their deposit already, the only ones to withdraw are the ones who come off a WL at another school, but most of that movement has happened as well.

I imagine the school, like most other schools this year, over offered on their acceptances [probably due to extra interviewees and uncertainty] more so than other years. I think everyone kind of thought that meant waitlist movement would be huge this year, but because every other school over offered, everyone was pretty much put into that same spot.

We're all still in the race together though, so keep our heads up :)

Reactions: 1 user
OOS tuition is a bit steep. Did you stay in your home state or go to a private school?
Private school with aid that came out to be 150k+ cheaper than UAB over 4 years so it was hard to pass that up haha

any updates?
I know they’ve already sent 2nd tier rejections so they are closing in on the final class. Also, no one has dropped from the fb page or groupme in awhile. I’m sure several more people will eventually drop though.

Any activity from UABSOM? I'm an OOS (interviewed 2/4) and on the first tier waitlist, trying to see if I should have hope or not hahah

Has anyone heard anything or know of anyone that’s heard something since their July 5th commit to enroll deadline? I’m first tier, in state but I haven’t heard anything since being placed on the waitlist.

Has anyone heard anything or know of anyone that’s heard something since their July 5th commit to enroll deadline? I’m first tier, in state but I haven’t heard anything since being placed on the waitlist.
I got the R as 1st tier WL a week or two ago, but it's my understanding that their class has pretty much been full since beginning of June. There was some thought that their would be a tiny WL movement around the July 5th date, but pretty much the only way someone would come off is if they were accepted to another school they were sitting on a WL for that was a much better choice for them. Everyone in the class at this point has paid their deposit, so realistically you're probably looking at maybe 1-4 seats actually freeing up if any.

But I am not a part of the ADCOM, grain of salt. You can always email them, but they're gearing up for next cycle.

Reactions: 1 user