2020-2021 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MS1 student here if you have any questions I can answer. I had great stats and got in (over 3.9 GPA and over 520 on MCAT)), but I never imagined it would be so much work. Hope you took human phys, human development and histology or at least some of those classes. Prepare to study 70-100 hours a week, unless you are a genius and have a pedantic memory.
 
Anyone know how much of a difference sending a LOI makes for getting off a WL?
If you are certain of where you want to go, send in a Letter of Intent. I sent in a Letter of Interest and I feel like that hurt me in the application process, so by all means, send the Letter of INTENT if that is your idea. A letter of interest (which let's them know they are in your top choices but not necessarily the TOP choice) is probably a bad idea cause if you really wanted to go there you would be sending a Letter of Intent, not a Letter of Interest.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing their full response?
Essentially they said that their class was full, and there would not be another large wave of waitlist acceptances. Acceptances will come as students withdraw so any movement will be sporadic up until July. I'm assuming that given the fact that those that have acceptances have paid their deposit already, the only ones to withdraw are the ones who come off a WL at another school, but most of that movement has happened as well.

I imagine the school, like most other schools this year, over offered on their acceptances [probably due to extra interviewees and uncertainty] more so than other years. I think everyone kind of thought that meant waitlist movement would be huge this year, but because every other school over offered, everyone was pretty much put into that same spot.

We're all still in the race together though, so keep our heads up 🙂
 
Has anyone heard anything or know of anyone that’s heard something since their July 5th commit to enroll deadline? I’m first tier, in state but I haven’t heard anything since being placed on the waitlist.
 
Has anyone heard anything or know of anyone that’s heard something since their July 5th commit to enroll deadline? I’m first tier, in state but I haven’t heard anything since being placed on the waitlist.
I got the R as 1st tier WL a week or two ago, but it's my understanding that their class has pretty much been full since beginning of June. There was some thought that their would be a tiny WL movement around the July 5th date, but pretty much the only way someone would come off is if they were accepted to another school they were sitting on a WL for that was a much better choice for them. Everyone in the class at this point has paid their deposit, so realistically you're probably looking at maybe 1-4 seats actually freeing up if any.

But I am not a part of the ADCOM, grain of salt. You can always email them, but they're gearing up for next cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad