2020-2021 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since tomorrow is another round of acceptances going out, I had a question for everyone. Has anyone been accepted, but not in the meeting in the month immediately following their interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_111152.png
    IMG_20210127_111152.png
    300.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20210127_111156.png
    IMG_20210127_111156.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: 1 user
I understand that’s their “stance” but has it actually happened for anyone. I’ve not heard from a single other applicant where they actually were picked up unless it was that following month

I understand that’s their “stance” but has it actually happened for anyone. I’ve not heard from a single other applicant where they actually were picked up unless it was that following month
Correct me if i'm wrong but I've been going through threads from previous years for this school and I think a few people have been accepted in this way

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have seen very few people accepted this way, but I’m here for the A energy today. Remember that a lot of people will not post on SDN. The official Facebook group already has around 150 people in it (of course probably not all students, but a good bit) so there’s a lot of students we don’t hear from.

As long as they miss us with that post-R/2nd tier waitlist energy.

Reactions: 3 users
Since tomorrow is another round of acceptances going out, I had a question for everyone. Has anyone been accepted, but not in the meeting in the month immediately following their interview?
I interviewed in early September and got accepted in late November after the 3rd (I think) adcom meeting following my interview. So it does happen but how frequently is anyone’s guess.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed in early September and got accepted in late November after the 3rd (I think) adcom meeting following my interview. So it does happen but how frequently is anyone’s guess

thanks for the info! Congrats! Were you regular MD or Primary Care Track?

I got the acceptance call!! Totally wasn't expecting it yet (or at all) - interviewed 1/14, secondary complete 11/15, IS

Reactions: 4 users
Unless I am mistaken everyone who interviews is placed either on waitlist 1 or waitlist 2 at the end of the application period if not immediately rejected after the interview.
I guess If they were going to reject an applicant post interview it would be right after the adcom meeting in the month following? Do they not reject post-interview applicants intermittently then?

I guess If they were going to reject an applicant post interview it would be right after the adcom meeting in the month following? Do they not reject post-interview applicants intermittently then?
During my previous rejection that's pretty much what happened. I rarely see reports on here at least of them rejecting intermittently.

Pre-II R today as well. :sorry:

It’s shocking and disheartening because they were my top choice, and I’m an in-state applicant whose stats fall within range of their median scores of MCAT and GPA. I don’t think there was a red flag either because got an interview to the other instate school.

Did you lack research?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my pre-ii R. In-state with decent EC's, a little bit of research, 509 and 4.0. Good luck to the rest of you.

Just got the R. Good luck to you all! 😁
As a cross-school poster, sorry you got the R here but seems like you got the more elusive one elsewhere where all of us being ****ed so grats!

Are you IS or OOS for UAB?

As a cross-school poster, sorry you got the R here but seems like you got the more elusive one elsewhere where all of us being ****ed so grats!

Are you IS or OOS for UAB?
😂😂 thank you!! And I’m OOS.

Any calls today or we all tryna cop tomorrow?

Reactions: 5 users
Do you know if they will call or send an email to let us know the result?

What are my odds of hearing anything March 4th if I interviewed Dec 3. Am i on waitlist for sure?

What are my odds of hearing anything March 4th if I interviewed Dec 3. Am i on waitlist for sure?
Supposedly they review all applicants who have interviewed each time. It’s hard to know if that’s actually what happens or not but there’s some hope theoretically. (I interviewed in September I feel your pain)

Do you know if they will call or send an email to let us know the result?
They said they try to call first either Thursday night or Friday. Then they email everyone later on Friday no matter what so everyone who was accepted at that ADCOM meeting should receive an email by Friday night.

I know some people have received phone call last night about acceptance to UAB EMSAP. I did not receive any email or phone call. So does it mean rejection?

I know some people have received phone call last night about acceptance to UAB EMSAP. I did not receive any email or phone call. So does it mean rejection?
No, it should just mean continued consideration if you haven’t gotten a rejection email. They will review you again next adcom meeting on March 4th. I’m in the same boat- here’s hoping we both get an A!

No, it should just mean continued consideration if you haven’t gotten a rejection email. They will review you again next adcom meeting on March 4th. I’m in the same boat- here’s hoping we both get an A!
Thank you. It is giving me some hope but I thought all EMSAP results came out yesterday. I may be wrong but I am thinking the adcom meeting on March 4th is for the UG applying to med school and not EMSAP.

Just received an email about R
It seems you are a high school student maybe? Regardless, none of us like R's. If you are in-state and you were a candidate for the EMSAP it's likely you'll do exceptionally well in college and get into medical school regardless if you put the work and time in if it's worth anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students, or applicants that know, share what the usual dress is for classes and day-to-day at the medical school?

Can any current students, or applicants that know, share what the usual dress is for classes and day-to-day at the medical school?
There will be times when you have to dress up (business casual) for clinic, events, or certain lectures where a speaker is present. There will be a small shirt snd tie symbol on your calendar for all these events.

Day to day and classes there is no dress code at all. Most everyone is in gym clothes or comfortable clothes.

Hey guys, so I’m mentoring this student and he from Alabama and the goal is to go to UAB. 3.7c/3.2s with a goal MCAT of at least 505. Has already taken it twice 48x and 49x the second time. If he were to get the 505 does he have a good shot? he’s Asian and his pre health advisors at UAB told him as long as he gets the 505 he has a solid chance. I’m not familiar with UAB at all so to me personally it seems improbable with science gpa, a low ish MCAT, and being ORM. I don’t pretend to know more than the pre health committee at UAB but just found it a little strange

Hey guys, so I’m mentoring this student and he from Alabama and the goal is to go to UAB. 3.7c/3.2s with a goal MCAT of at least 505. Has already taken it twice 48x and 49x the second time. If he were to get the 505 does he have a good shot? he’s Asian and his pre health advisors at UAB told him as long as he gets the 505 he has a solid chance. I’m not familiar with UAB at all so to me personally it seems improbable with science gpa, a low ish MCAT, and being ORM. I don’t pretend to know more than the pre health committee at UAB but just found it a little strange
They have a really good competitiveness worksheet on their website that the student may find helpful. It runs through both academic and non-academic factors. I think it would help in this situation.

Got the A call last night 6pm ET, the dude said they had just gotten out of an adcom meet

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! May we cop this A before WL.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
just got the call!!! a bitch is in with scholarship oo

Reactions: 1 users