• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Oct 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I actually made the trip early June and didn’t have any issues, so you’ll be fine!
Thank you very much for confirming that! I very much wish to get to this interview and do the best I can. I am currently sitting at 3 interviews and do not know if I will receive any more. Is it true that the interview at ARCOM is laid back and not too difficult for students?

decree511

2+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you very much for confirming that! I very much wish to get to this interview and do the best I can. I am currently sitting at 3 interviews and do not know if I will receive any more. Is it true that the interview at ARCOM is laid back and not too difficult for students?
Sorry I don’t know about the interviews, I haven’t been on one there yet , I’ve only applied and currently waiting for an secondary. But I’ve toured the school (I live in Arkansas) and it’s amazing! Some of my friends go there and they like it a lot.

Oct 18, 2019
Status
Medical Student
The interview is very chill and it’s all about getting to know you. It’s closed file so your interviewers don’t know anything about you. It’s very laid back. Not stressful at all.

Last edited:
About the Ads

Kevvv

2+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2018
Thanks for your reply! I was concerned that some states might stop me from entering or have me do paperwork. Have you recently made the trip? I live somewhat close to Pennsylvania and it will be a 21 hour drive for me. I am in a tough situation because my passport expired and I have a license type that is not accepted for flying. I have the time to make the drive. I am just concerned about having to self-quarantine and somehow being prevented from entering Arkansas.
Not sure where you live, but in my state, NY, they extended the license requirement (Real ID) enforcement to 1 year later. So for NY, the enforcement date used to be 10/01/2020, now they moved it to October of 2021. Check with your state law and TSA. Driving 20+ hours, even non-continuously, before an interview is exhausting.

Oct 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Not sure where you live, but in my state, NY, they extended the license requirement (Real ID) enforcement to 1 year later. So for NY, the enforcement date used to be 10/01/2020, now they moved it to October of 2021. Check with your state law and TSA. Driving 20+ hours, even non-continuously, before an interview is exhausting.
Thank you for your post! Does this mean that I can fly to Arkansas utilizing my regular license? I hope that I understood you correctly. REAL ID | Transportation Security Administration seems to confirm your statement. I live in a state that is adjacent to New York. Has you or anyone you know flown out of New York recently. I will most likely fly from JFK to Fort Smith Arkansas. Does anyone know if this is possible utilizing a regular license?

Kevvv

2+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2018
Thank you for your post! Does this mean that I can fly to Arkansas utilizing my regular license? I hope that I understood you correctly. REAL ID | Transportation Security Administration seems to confirm your statement. I live in a state that is adjacent to New York. Has you or anyone you know flown out of New York recently. I will most likely fly from JFK to Fort Smith Arkansas. Does anyone know if this is possible utilizing a regular license?
According to the statement, yes you can. BUT... please call and confirm with either airline or TSA to double check before you buy any tickets. best of luck to you! I forgot to register my interview in time and now all the slots are full :(

Dec 8, 2018
I have a question for current students. While I'm passionate about rural health, I'm also very interested in global/border/immigrant health. Are there opportunities for a global rotation/ medical mission with this school? I'd go anywhere that accepted me and just try to set something up myself if there wasn't, but I wondered because I had some difficulty finding anything about it online.

Oct 18, 2019
Status
Medical Student
I have a question for current students. While I'm passionate about rural health, I'm also very interested in global/border/immigrant health. Are there opportunities for a global rotation/ medical mission with this school? I'd go anywhere that accepted me and just try to set something up myself if there wasn't, but I wondered because I had some difficulty finding anything about it online.
One of the physicians at the school takes a group of students to Africa every summer. He founded a clinic there. The school also has a rotation site in South Korea and one in Costa Rica.

DrStephenStrange

OMS-III C/O 2022
2+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere I like
Status
Medical Student
We've had mission trips to mexico and ghana in 2018 and 2019. It didn't happen this year probably due to covid.
And we also have a partnership with a hospital in South Korea that will give you that opportunity as well.

Aug 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Can a current student give a detailed breakdown of the school's "blended helix" curriculum? I am interested in knowing more about BECOM, OPP, & FOPC and how those differ from the traditional systems block of other medical schools.

Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have a link to their community outreach programs? I can't find anything on their website at the moment.

Feb 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
For those working in healthcare currently or concerned about the pandemic and interviewing in person...call the admissions office, they are willing to make accommodations for a virtual interview.
For the in person interview...they are requiring face masks, will be doing temperature screenings, and enforcing social distancing.
Were you able to schedule a virtual interview, as a ny resident this is something I am very curious about

About the Ads