2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received!
Does anyone know roughly their conversion rate from secondary invite to interview invite?

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received!
Does anyone know roughly their conversion rate from secondary invite to interview invite?
From what I have read in past posts for ARCOM, they are typically pretty fast once your secondary is submitted. Mine was actually the same day, about 2 hours later!

Reactions: 1 user
From what I have read in past posts for ARCOM, they are typically pretty fast once your secondary is submitted. Mine was actually the same day, about 2 hours later!
Thanks a bunch. That sure is fast!
I guess I worded my question wrong. What I was wondering is roughly how likely is it that a person who received a secondary is invited to intervew?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't check the exact date since I no longer have access to that school email.
It was most likely late July.
That's close enough for me! Crazy you had to wait so long in between. But regardless, congrats again! That's such a huge deal getting a secondary from them!

Thanks a bunch. That sure is fast!
I guess I worded my question wrong. What I was wondering is roughly how likely is it that a person who received a secondary is invited to intervew?
I think I just read your question wrong, I’m sorry! Since they’re more selective with their secondaries here, I definitely think the conversion from secondary to II is higher here. I’m sorry I couldn’t offer more insight into your actual question :)

I got accepted from the 11/09 group yesterday with a phone call from the dean (which I missed and he left a message). I haven't received an email yet, but I will have to decline my acceptance when I do. I really loved ARCOM after getting to learn more about it throughout interview day. I hope it works out for all of you anticipating a response.

Reactions: 3 users
is there any group chat for those accepted this cycle? would love to get to know some people, I'm from the area so I would love to answer some questions too

Reactions: 1 users
is there any group chat for those accepted this cycle? would love to get to know some people, I'm from the area so I would love to answer some questions too
I’d be down to start one… but how? I have never been in/have seen a group of accepted students yet.

Has anyone been accepted this cycle without a DO letter? I submitted my secondary and saw that a DO letter is required, but I only have an MD. Confused why they would send me a secondary app without it?

Has anyone been accepted this cycle without a DO letter? I submitted my secondary and saw that a DO letter is required, but I only have an MD. Confused why they would send me a secondary app without it?
yes I have! They are a bit more lenient with it given the pandemic. Reach out to admissions about completing a missing application requirement waiver. You'll write like an essay, but it's easy!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d be down too!
I’d be down to start one… but how? I have never been in/have seen a group of accepted students yet.
I am assuming they usually do a facebook group but I would love to start getting to know some people ahead of that so we aren't completely lost lol. we could do like a group me or snap chat or something. I think snap is a little more phone number private LOL

yes I have! They are a bit more lenient with it given the pandemic. Reach out to admissions about completing a missing application requirement waiver. You'll write like an essay, but it's easy!
Amazing! Thank you so much for this response. I will definitely reach out to admissions! 😊

waitlisted yesterday (11/9) following interview on 10/29. I am literally devastated and don't know how to feel.....
I am currently a third year. I got accepted 4 weeks before school started and I interviewed around December. Do not lose hope! Keep updating the school!

Hi all!

Has anyone received a secondary after being on a secondary hold? Specifically if it was because your MCAT was sub 500?

Hi all!

Has anyone received a secondary after being on a secondary hold? Specifically if it was because your MCAT was sub 500?
Would like to know as well! I was placed on hold pre secondary.

Hi all!

I have!! My MCAT is a bit over 500 but I did receive an interview after being on hold. Fwiw, I did email admissions to reconsider my app after being placed on hold. Hope that helps!

I have!! My MCAT is a bit over 500 but I did receive an interview after being on hold. Fwiw, I did email admissions to reconsider my app after being placed on hold. Hope that helps!
That’s good to know! Thank you!

Was wondering if anyone had experience sending an LOI to ARCOM and had any success? This is one of my top schools and I’ve been waitlisted since September

Anyone else who interviewed on 11/19/2021 heard back yet cause from what I have seen on this thread 10-15 days seems to be the norm for replies?

How long is it usually to receive the acceptance email? Interviewed 11/9 and accepted on 11/22.

Anyone else who interviewed on 11/19/2021 heard back yet cause from what I have seen on this thread 10-15 days seems to be the norm for replies?
I interviewed on the 16th and remembered that they said it would take longer for us to get the decision due to thanksgiving break so I assume we will hear back sometime this Friday.

• Hmm
Got accepted today!!!! I was interviewed on 11/19 and got the call today. Good luck to everyone else!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted today!!!! I was interviewed on 11/19 and got the call today. Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats I interviewed 11/16 and nothing yet

• Hmm
Just received an email rejection, I wish the rest of you guys the best of luck.

Last edited:
  • Wow
If we pay the admission deposit but later withdraw (still waiting on other schools), do we forfeit the deposit or will some part of it be returned?

If we pay the admission deposit but later withdraw (still waiting on other schools), do we forfeit the deposit or will some part of it be returned?
No school has a refundable deposit.

"Thank you for your application to the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial. We will continue to review your application materials, as well as any updates submitted to AACOMAS, throughout the admission process and let you know if your status changes."

Is this a soft R?

"Thank you for your application to the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial. We will continue to review your application materials, as well as any updates submitted to AACOMAS, throughout the admission process and let you know if your status changes."

Is this a soft R?
sorry but that's an R my guy. They have more applicants than what they know what to do with so i highly doubt they will review your file.

Is this a soft R?
I got that and later got an interview. I did message the school in between but just my experience

II received - 1 hour after submitting final required forms
Primary submitted late July. Secondary received 11/30
OOS / 2.3 / 4.0 SMP/ 519

I'd like to see the campus so I'm gonna reach deep and try to spring for an airline ticket (not easy on scribe's pay).

Good luck to all.

Reactions: 2 users
II received - 1 hour after submitting final required forms
Primary submitted late July. Secondary received 11/30
OOS / 2.3 / 4.0 SMP/ 519

I'd like to see the campus so I'm gonna reach deep and try to spring for an airline ticket (not easy on scribe's pay).

Good luck to all.
I know all about that scribe pay lol

Is this a soft R?
This is not an R. I got this exact same thing back in August, and later got an acceptance after I interviewed. They are extremely selective with secondaries. Because most secondaries turn into interview invites.

• Love
I've heard some things about ARCOM having a high attrition rate. Does anyone know anything about this? Do a lot of people fail out?

I've heard some things about ARCOM having a high attrition rate. Does anyone know anything about this? Do a lot of people fail out?
Current OMS4 here. If by attrition you mean people that will never get to graduate, I only know maybe a handful of those from my class, but if you mean everyone that stayed behind and those that had to repeat a year, it's about 11% for my class (144 out of 162 that started in 2018). These aren't really high attrition rate if you ask me and not too far off other DO schools' attrition rates.

Reactions: 2 users
Any current 3rd or 4th years have some time to answer a few questions?
Shoot me a PM. It may take me a few days to answer as I'm in the middle of residency interview season, but I'll try my best to get back to you.