2022-2023 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations.. Its a pleasure to see that they are moving ahead with the waitlist. Did you get a phone call first or email or both?
Thank you! Phone call, then email immediately after!

Is there an accepted GroupMe or other outlet I could get sent from anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! Phone call, then email immediately after!

Is there an accepted GroupMe or other outlet I could get sent from anyone?
Thanks... I see in the thread previously someone has shared a link to that. or was requesting a PM, not sure if it was sent....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What resources does ARCOM provide for board preparation?
True Learn, Online MedED, and recently Lecturio. We've begged for Sketchy and Uworld and have been shot down multiple times

True Learn, Online MedED, and recently Lecturio. We've begged for Sketchy and Uworld and have been shot down multiple times
Wow sketchy and Uworld are the the top resources. I guess I’ll pay for that myself. Thank you.

pretty sure none of those resources cut deals for schools, so that means it would just get tacked onto everyone's tuition. And not everyone would use those resources. I for one don't use 2 of those.

pretty sure none of those resources cut deals for schools, so that means it would just get tacked onto everyone's tuition. And not everyone would use those resources. I for one don't use 2 of those.
Well Online MedED used to be free, so I don't even think we have that resource anymore (not like I used it). The CEO says UW and Sketchy are too expensive, but ARCOM just spent X million on a new apartment complex. Priorities I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well Online MedED used to be free, so I don't even think we have that resource anymore (not like I used it). The CEO says UW and Sketchy are too expensive, but ARCOM just spent X million on a new apartment complex. Priorities I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+ Tuition went up 13k lol

I was recently accepted off the waitlist. Could someone share the accepted group me with me?

does anyone know if ARCOM does random drug tests throughout the semester or if its just before your first year and then before rotations? Just curious bc I know other schools like KYCOM has a "random one" your first semester.
"ACHE may conduct random drug and alcohol screening on all students, staff, and faculty. ACHE reserves the right to require drug or alcohol testing on any student when reasonable suspicions exist. Refusal or failure to submit to screening may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal as determined by the SPC. Students found to have positive screening tests for illicit substances or prescription medications without a valid prescription will be referred to SPC. Students may be suspended pending determination by the SPC."

Got this from the ACHE Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Prevention Program Biennial Review

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a student had to do one because they were behaving erratically, not sure how common that is though.

just got off the waitlist but gave up my seat! hope it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 4 users
I just got off a WL for my IS DO school. I will be withdrawing my A.
I was excited to attend ARCOM, but its hard to turn down IS tuition.

Reactions: 2 users
got accepted today around 3pm eastern. 497 mcat and have a pharmD.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got off the WL at my first choice aH, and thus will be withdrawing my seat at ARCOM. I hope it goes to one of you amazing people!

Just withdrew my seat! Was accepted at a school that was a better fit for my family. The people and community at ARCOM are all wonderful, I hope my spot goes to one of you! Best of luck to you all

Reactions: 4 users
Its very hard to think that the waitlist will move any further, knowing that July 17th is the orientation day. Even if it does, its hard for any student to pack and move to Arkansas in a short period of time...any thoughts

Its very hard to think that the waitlist will move any further, knowing that July 17th is the orientation day. Even if it does, its hard for any student to pack and move to Arkansas in a short period of time...any thoughts
In my class, someone got accepted off the waitlist the day before orientation, and they packed up and moved to Arkansas from the North East.

I called yesterday to ask about any anticipated movement and they said they are expecting more soon due to people declining offers and withdrawing their seats recently. They also said because of the holiday it has been a little slow but is likely to pick up a little bit soon. Hope this gives you one last glimmer of hope!

Reactions: 3 users
I called yesterday to ask about any anticipated movement and they said they are expecting more soon due to people declining offers and withdrawing their seats recently. They also said because of the holiday it has been a little slow but is likely to pick up a little bit soon. Hope this gives you one last glimmer of hope!

Yup. I withdrew my seat during the 4th of July week. I know another person that isn't on SDN who was planning on withdrawing this week as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Are they strict on nose rings? I have a small stud and noticed in the handbook it says no facial piercings…what about if it’s a cultural thing?

Are they strict on nose rings? I have a small stud and noticed in the handbook it says no facial piercings…what about if it’s a cultural thing?
They're not strict at all! Idk how outdated that handbook is but several staff have nose rings and visible tattoos.

Just don't ask because they'll quote the handbook. At orientation last year three students asked about visible tattoos and the answer was "they're not allowed, you need to cover them." This was literally stated from staff members with visible tattoos on their arms.

Reactions: 1 users
They're not strict at all! Idk how outdated that handbook is but several staff have nose rings and visible tattoos.

Just don't ask because they'll quote the handbook. At orientation last year three students asked about visible tattoos and the answer was "they're not allowed, you need to cover them." This was literally stated from staff members with visible tattoos on their arms.
Thank you!!