2020-2021 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can someone please post the secondary prompts
I second this! Please upload the prompts! I'm worried that I haven't received their secondary since I meet the requirements and I live in the central valley:unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid the fee but it is not showing up in my portal. Is this happening to anyone else?

Are you only able to pay with bank account info as well? weird that it won't give me a credit card option
Yes, looks like it's just bank account info.

Also, it kind of seems like it will take a while for the payment to actually go through. I got an email saying I've authorized CSHU to receive the payment, but on my app, it doesn't say that the payment has been received and I still can't submit the app.

Yes, looks like it's just bank account info.

Also, it kind of seems like it will take a while for the payment to actually go through. I got an email saying I've authorized CSHU to receive the payment, but on my app, it doesn't say that the payment has been received and I still can't submit the app.

weird I did not get an email or anything from them with a conformation

Update: I was able to submit. When I went to the home page of the app, it still said the payment hadn't been received. But then when I went to the payment page, it said the page was complete and I was able to submit. Good luck everyone!

Are anyone else's letters of recommendation still pending? They received all of my scores but have not yet received my letters. I submitted them through AACOMAS

Reactions: 1 user
Are anyone else's letters of recommendation still pending? They received all of my scores but have not yet received my letters. I submitted them through AACOMAS
I emailed them and they said they are currently working on pulling LOR’s from AACOMAS.

@PapaGuava
Secondary prompts:
1. CHSU-COM values a diverse student body that reflects our region and our world. Please explain how you personally would contribute to diversity at CHSU-COM.
2. Discuss the personal importance or impact of a book that you read in the past year.
3. Explain the relationship between teamwork and professionalism in the healthcare setting.
(250 words max each)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
@PapaGuava
Secondary prompts:
1. CHSU-COM values a diverse student body that reflects our region and our world. Please explain how you personally would contribute to diversity at CHSU-COM.
2. Discuss the personal importance or impact of a book that you read in the past year.
3. Explain the relationship between teamwork and professionalism in the healthcare setting.

What's the character/word limit? and Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
The 3rd question in the secondary is a very poor question that is basically nothing but a fluff question that gets a fluff answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it worth it to apply if you don't have strong ties to California but have always wanted to live there?

II, was not expecting this since I was completed 1 day ago but I’m not complaining! No ties to Central Valley

Reactions: 2 users
I was already asleep when the interview invite went out, and now all of the slots are already filled. Kind of bummed, but surely they will fix this issue?

Interview received in my spam folder haha! What a nice surprise on this weekend

Dang I am still waiting on my CASPer to get sent in and my LOR is somehow not checked :/

Got an II. Did anyone who registered for interview got a confirmation email? Last night I was doing it on my phone and it keeps crashing after I selected the time. This morning all the slots are full, not sure if I got one or not

Got an II. Did anyone who registered for interview got a confirmation email? Last night I was doing it on my phone and it keeps crashing after I selected the time. This morning all the slots are full, not sure if I got one or not
I got a confirmation email

I saw the email this morning. All the spots are full. I'm not really worried, I emailed them. I'm sure they'll open more spots.

Congrats to those who've gotten an interview invite!! :happy:

Did anyone who hasn't taken the MCAT yet get an interview?

So I emailed them about the fact that the interview slots were full, and the response was that I will be “queued for the next set of interview invitations.” I don’t know if that means I’ll be one of the first to choose, or if they’ll just send yet another email that will be first come first serve. Kind of unfair if it’s the latter though...

So I emailed them about the fact that the interview slots were full, and the response was that I will be “queued for the next set of interview invitations.” I don’t know if that means I’ll be one of the first to choose, or if they’ll just send yet another email that will be first come first serve. Kind of unfair if it’s the latter though...
Set email notifications on your phone! Its pretty important especially if you are a busy person and dont have time to check your email frequently throughout the day

Set email notifications on your phone! Its pretty important especially if you are a busy person and dont have time to check your email frequently throughout the day
I have them on. Unfortunately, I’m on the east coast and they sent the last email at midnight for me, so I was already asleep.

How out of state friendly is this school? Thinking of adding it to my school list

I have them on. Unfortunately, I’m on the east coast and they sent the last email at midnight for me, so I was already asleep.
This is me too, I dozed off right before they sent the email, and was told to wait for the next round of interview dates. It's a weird time to sent out interview time anyways, for both coast. I mean 9pm PDT isn't exactly "working hours" either.

This is me too, I dozed off right before they sent the email, and was told to wait for the next round of interview dates. It's a weird time to sent out interview time anyways, for both coast. I mean 9pm PDT isn't exactly "working hours" either.
This is my first time applying, so can anyone tell me if all interviews are like this in the sense that if you don't see the email ASAP you risk not getting a spot at all? I know they are first-come, first-serve as far as dates/times, but I didn't expect them to be like that for even getting an interview slot at all.

This is my first time applying, so can anyone tell me if all interviews are like this in the sense that if you don't see the email ASAP you risk not getting a spot at all? I know they are first-come, first-serve as far as dates/times, but I didn't expect them to be like that for even getting an interview slot at all.
This is the only school for me so far who ran out of interview spots and told us to wait for the next round. Be mindful that this might be due to COVID and they're having some kind of a scheduling issue.

This is the only school for me so far who ran out of interview spots and told us to wait for the next round. Be mindful that this might be due to COVID and they're having some kind of a scheduling issue.
That is a relief. I figured everything is weird due to interviews being online, but I just wanted some reassurance that hopefully not all interviews will have smaller capacity limits than invitations sent out. Thank you for the response!

Has anyone else not been invited to the secondary? I am IS, but all I've received was a "

We are reviewing verified applications as we receive them from AACOMAS. " Email nine days ago... is it the end for me? haha

It could be bc of my lack of mcat as of rn but this is making me feel bad ahah.