2020-2021 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else not been invited to the secondary? I am IS, but all I've received was a "

We are reviewing verified applications as we receive them from AACOMAS. " Email nine days ago... is it the end for me? haha

It could be bc of my lack of mcat as of rn but this is making me feel bad ahah.

They just like to take their time. From what I know, they send out secondaries in groups and same thing for interviews as well.

Members don't see this ad.

They just like to take their time. From what I know, they send out secondaries in groups and same thing for interviews as well.
Thanks for calming my neuroticism! Hopefully soon we'd hear back for the second round!

For the question in the primary app asking if you have ties to central california, if you don't, do you just put no..? I grew up in socal but don't have any ties to central...
Also, anyone receive an II before mcat score came in?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For the question in the primary app asking if you have ties to central california, if you don't, do you just put no..? I grew up in socal but don't have any ties to central...
Also, anyone receive an II before mcat score came in?
If I recall correctly, your response to the primary app is not mandatory; you should be able to leave it blank if not applicable (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I actually got a secondary with an old MCAT that's pretty low but with a pending score that I should have in a few weeks.

Anyone get a secondary who was verified on the week of june 27th? Kind of worried rn

Anyone get a secondary who was verified on the week of june 27th? Kind of worried rn
I got an email saying they received my primary on 7/20, and I still haven’t received a secondary

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not been invited to the secondary? I am IS, but all I've received was a "

We are reviewing verified applications as we receive them from AACOMAS. " Email nine days ago... is it the end for me? haha

It could be bc of my lack of mcat as of rn but this is making me feel bad ahah.
I'm in the same boat! I received that email on the same day so I guess we will be receiving the secondary soon? Fingers crossed!

Just received the secondary !
Lmao rip “Dear [[FIRSTNAME]] [[LASTNAME]]”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
My casper score shows up as incomplete on the secondary, but I submitted it to this school a while ago. Do other people have this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
My casper score shows up as incomplete on the secondary, but I submitted it to this school a while ago. Do other people have this issue?

same here. Can anyone who'd already gotten II confirm if the scores were automatically updated?

For people who got invites, how long did it take for them to mark your LORs as recieved?

I just added this school to my ACCOMAS application. I'm not too late am I?

When did you take it? I got an email from CHSU that says, "We have been receiving CASPer scores. If you took the test prior to July 7 and elected to share your score with CHSU-COM, then your portal should reflect that we have a score for you. If you took the test on July 7, we expect to receive those scores within the next week, and your portal should reflect this change as soon as we receive those scores."
I took it on the 7th and my score has been received. However, my LORs are not yet inputted and my supplemental app was submitted 7/17 so I think they're just behind.

what are considered ties to the Central Valley? I have some family members who in the Central Valley (an uncle, few cousins). Would those be considered ties or.....?

When did you take it? I got an email from CHSU that says, "We have been receiving CASPer scores. If you took the test prior to July 7 and elected to share your score with CHSU-COM, then your portal should reflect that we have a score for you. If you took the test on July 7, we expect to receive those scores within the next week, and your portal should reflect this change as soon as we receive those scores."
I took it on the 7th and my score has been received. However, my LORs are not yet inputted and my supplemental app was submitted 7/17 so I think they're just behind.
Oh I took it on July 7th. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it!
edit: just checked, my score now says received

Good luck to those interviewing today!!!!!

Finished the interview today. Of course, can't say what the questions are, but the administration and faculty are super nice and welcoming. All my fellow applicants are really awesome and most people seemed to have taken at least 1 gap year.

Reactions: 3 users
Finished the interview today. Of course, can't say what the questions are, but the administration and faculty are super nice and welcoming. All my fellow applicants are really awesome and most people seemed to have taken at least 1 gap year.

Did they take the full 20 minutes? Also how many questions were you roughly asked and was it conversational?

Did they take the full 20 minutes? Also how many questions were you roughly asked and was it conversational?
I took the whole 20 minutes, but was told some students might not. There were a handful of questions. Conversational? sorta. I got the feeling that it wasn't supposed to be - based off every applicant being given the exact same questions and my interviewer not having follow-up questions. Last year's thread also said it wasn't conversational, so that might attest to what I experienced.

Sorry if I'm not too helpful, but I don't want to give too much away to keep it fair for everyone.

Does anyone know what student activities and organizations are available at CHSU?

Just got my interview scheduled. Since I missed the first batch of interview to register, they told me to wait for the second wave. This might mean that more II are going out today or tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my interview scheduled. Since I missed the first batch of interview to register, they told me to wait for the second wave. This might mean that more II are going out today or tomorrow

What were the available dates

I got an email yesterday that they received my app from aacomas. fingers crossed!

Has anyone who received the "We are reviewing verified applications as we receive them" email on 7/20, still not receive a secondary? I'm thinking about emailing them but don't know if I just need to be more patient.

Has anyone who received the "We are reviewing verified applications as we receive them" email on 7/20, still not receive a secondary? I'm thinking about emailing them but don't know if I just need to be more patient.
I got that email on the 27th and was feeling pretty anxious myself, however, hearing you’re also waiting makes me feel a little better albeit still anxious. Lol.

Interviewing here on Monday, anybody who has interviewed here have any tips?

Got the call and was accepted!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users