2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if Geffen awards are already going out with As, chances are they’ve finalized decisions. Sucks. Oh well, we continue to wait.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any word on decisions ? I’m losing my mind
so I am hearing (not 100% certain): some decisions went out on Friday, more went out yesterday, and the majority are going out today. I am still not sure if more decisions are going out after today. I will post again when I get more information.

Reactions: 6 users
so I am hearing (not 100% certain): some decisions went out on Friday, more went out yesterday, and the majority are going out today. I am still not sure if more decisions are going out after today. I will post again when I get more information.
Thank you for the update. Hopeful for more calls today

Reactions: 3 users
just got the acceptance call 10 mins ago. Interview 11/7

Reactions: 8 users
How many people do they end up accepting historically?

Congrats to those who got an A!

No news today. Maybe tomorrow but I'm worried they've already sent out all A's : /

Did those that got accepted get emails the same day as the call?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else mind sharing if they were offered a geffen scholarship during their acceptance call?

A current student in the Geffen sub said that all initial acceptances have been sent out by now (across all programs). I know CDU acceptances are “technically” separate but I know at some point they do have to communicate with each other.

A current student in the Geffen sub said that all initial acceptances have been sent out by now (across all programs). I know CDU acceptances are “technically” separate but I know at some point they do have to communicate with each other.
Say it ain't sooo

Say it ain't sooo
I think WL offers started going out March 10-15 last year. That’s right around the corner. Historically, they send around 40-50 As. Not all students accept the offer, so others start hearing back after that.

I’m hoping I’m wrong but it’s healthier to be realistic haha.

I think WL offers started going out March 10-15 last year. That’s right around the corner. Historically, they send around 40-50 As. Not all students accept the offer, so others start hearing back after that.

I’m hoping I’m wrong but it’s healthier to be realistic haha.
Yeah I have a feeling the rest of calls/emails this week will be for WL spots

Do you know from your source if all the acceptance calls have gone out already?
Yeah, I thought I was going to get some info today but that wasn't the case. There might still be some calls made today though.

Have any accepted students previously attended Drew post bac or masters programs

Have any accepted students previously attended Drew post bac or masters programs
I know of 3 CDU postbacc students who got accepted. 1 of these ended up in Drew Prime. I have not heard of anyone from the Masters.

I’m assuming they all went out correct ?
Someone on Geffen said traditional and PRIME acceptances have all gone out, but they were waiting on a Drew count. I don’t know what that means but for sake of sanity, I’m assuming that means they are done haha.

Interviewed in September, waiting for my death sentence...

• Care
WL idk if thats a good or bad sign 😂 interviewed dec 12th!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
WL idk if thats a good or bad sign 😂 interviewed dec 12th!
Previous years have said we all get waitlisted if we aren’t accepted initially. I’m now stuck wondering why some get the WL offer before others. So many questions, no answers 😂

Previous years have said we all get waitlisted if we aren’t accepted initially. I’m now stuck wondering why some get the WL offer before others. So many questions, no answers 😂
Perhaps they send out As, then WLs, then Rs

i got it 6pm EST.

so like all students that interview get WL indefinitely till school starts?
I'd be lying if I tried to answer that question. I'm just going off of what others have reported, so take it with a grain of salt. Regardless of what I said, a WL is better than a flat out R so congrats thus far!

I'd be lying if I tried to answer that question. I'm just going off of what others have reported, so take it with a grain of salt. Regardless of what I said, a WL is better than a flat out R so congrats thus far!
So I have heard (not 100% certain) that nobody gets rejected (at this point). Everyone is on the waitlist. However, those that actually get a WL email have a chance at getting any open spots. Those that don't get an email are really not being considered at the moment. CDU is very notorious for sending their Rs until the summer. But, things could be different this year since there are still some talks amongst the committee members.

• Sad
So I have heard (not 100% certain) that nobody gets rejected (at this point). Everyone is on the waitlist. However, those that actually get a WL email have a chance at getting any open spots. Those that don't get an email are really not being considered at the moment. CDU is very notorious for sending their Rs until the summer. But, things could be different this year since there are still some talks amongst the committee members.
Hi thank you for the update!! when you say there are still some talks among the committee members what do you mean?

Yeah that’s what I thought. From last year’s thread, some people got the WL email and some didn’t get anything at all. Some of those actually turned into As.

it’s been real y’all...

• Sad
Yeah that’s what I thought. From last year’s thread, some people got the WL email and some didn’t get anything at all. Some of those actually turned into As.

it’s been real y’all...
I actually thought there interview went really well too

Well, the funny part is that all decisions should be out by March 15th (pls correct me if I am wrong). For some reason, they are meeting at some point next week (After Monday). I'm not sure why this is happening. It seems a little odd since I am certain all applicants have been reviewed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I actually thought there interview went really well too
Yes, I think most people feel that way. Their interview is not bad. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get in. Lots of qualified applicants and some of their post-bac students usually get a few spots. But, I guess it's not over till it's over.