-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1! Trying to stay positive through this wait is a battle! You’re not alone though if that helps!Any word on decisions ? I’m losing my mind
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
+1 we are all in this wait together+1! Trying to stay positive through this wait is a battle! You’re not alone though if that helps!
so I am hearing (not 100% certain): some decisions went out on Friday, more went out yesterday, and the majority are going out today. I am still not sure if more decisions are going out after today. I will post again when I get more information.Any word on decisions ? I’m losing my mind
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Thank you for the update. Hopeful for more calls todayso I am hearing (not 100% certain): some decisions went out on Friday, more went out yesterday, and the majority are going out today. I am still not sure if more decisions are going out after today. I will post again when I get more information.
I interviewed in DecemberHi can you let us know when you interviewed?
Crestacean
Full Member
just got the acceptance call 10 mins ago. Interview 11/7
Congratulations!!!just got the acceptance call 10 mins ago. Interview 11/7
Did those that got accepted get emails the same day as the call?
I believe it's 28 total. 4 for Prime and 24 regular MD.How many people do they end up accepting historically?
Does CDU inform students that they're on the waitlist or is it silent?
I got an email right as we hung up on the phone.Did those that got accepted get emails the same day as the call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone else mind sharing if they were offered a geffen scholarship during their acceptance call?
Any accepted students mind sharing stats?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Do you know from your source if all the acceptance calls have gone out already?I believe it's 28 total. 4 for Prime and 24 regular MD.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Say it ain't soooA current student in the Geffen sub said that all initial acceptances have been sent out by now (across all programs). I know CDU acceptances are “technically” separate but I know at some point they do have to communicate with each other.
I think WL offers started going out March 10-15 last year. That’s right around the corner. Historically, they send around 40-50 As. Not all students accept the offer, so others start hearing back after that.Say it ain't sooo
I’m hoping I’m wrong but it’s healthier to be realistic haha.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Yeah I have a feeling the rest of calls/emails this week will be for WL spotsI think WL offers started going out March 10-15 last year. That’s right around the corner. Historically, they send around 40-50 As. Not all students accept the offer, so others start hearing back after that.
I’m hoping I’m wrong but it’s healthier to be realistic haha.
I don’t believe they call for WL unless you’re accepted off of it.Yeah I have a feeling the rest of calls/emails this week will be for WL spots
I asked abt Geffen during my acceptance call and was told they had all been given outDoes anyone else mind sharing if they were offered a geffen scholarship during their acceptance call?
Yeah, I thought I was going to get some info today but that wasn't the case. There might still be some calls made today though.Do you know from your source if all the acceptance calls have gone out already?
Aww.. that sucks...I asked abt Geffen during my acceptance call and was told they had all been given out
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Any WL or R emails go out to anyone yet?
I know of 3 CDU postbacc students who got accepted. 1 of these ended up in Drew Prime. I have not heard of anyone from the Masters.Have any accepted students previously attended Drew post bac or masters programs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone on Geffen said traditional and PRIME acceptances have all gone out, but they were waiting on a Drew count. I don’t know what that means but for sake of sanity, I’m assuming that means they are done haha.I’m assuming they all went out correct ?
WL! interviewed mid november
EnEyeAitch
Full Member
WL, interviewed in september
now this is a reply I can relate to HAHAInterviewed in September, waiting for my death sentence...
Interviewed in September, waiting for my death sentence...
Yep 🙁now this is a reply I can relate to HAHA
Last edited:
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Still no A, WL or R. Scared 😢
WL idk if thats a good or bad sign 😂 interviewed dec 12th!
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Did you just now get an email?WL idk if thats a good or bad sign 😂 interviewed dec 12th!
Previous years have said we all get waitlisted if we aren’t accepted initially. I’m now stuck wondering why some get the WL offer before others. So many questions, no answers 😂WL idk if thats a good or bad sign 😂 interviewed dec 12th!
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Perhaps they send out As, then WLs, then RsPrevious years have said we all get waitlisted if we aren’t accepted initially. I’m now stuck wondering why some get the WL offer before others. So many questions, no answers 😂
i got it 6pm EST.Did you just now get an email?
so like all students that interview get WL indefinitely till school starts?Previous years have said we all get waitlisted if we aren’t accepted initially. I’m now stuck wondering why some get the WL offer before others. So many questions, no answers 😂
I'd be lying if I tried to answer that question. I'm just going off of what others have reported, so take it with a grain of salt. Regardless of what I said, a WL is better than a flat out R so congrats thus far!i got it 6pm EST.
so like all students that interview get WL indefinitely till school starts?
So I have heard (not 100% certain) that nobody gets rejected (at this point). Everyone is on the waitlist. However, those that actually get a WL email have a chance at getting any open spots. Those that don't get an email are really not being considered at the moment. CDU is very notorious for sending their Rs until the summer. But, things could be different this year since there are still some talks amongst the committee members.I'd be lying if I tried to answer that question. I'm just going off of what others have reported, so take it with a grain of salt. Regardless of what I said, a WL is better than a flat out R so congrats thus far!
Hi thank you for the update!! when you say there are still some talks among the committee members what do you mean?So I have heard (not 100% certain) that nobody gets rejected (at this point). Everyone is on the waitlist. However, those that actually get a WL email have a chance at getting any open spots. Those that don't get an email are really not being considered at the moment. CDU is very notorious for sending their Rs until the summer. But, things could be different this year since there are still some talks amongst the committee members.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah that’s what I thought. From last year’s thread, some people got the WL email and some didn’t get anything at all. Some of those actually turned into As.So I have heard (not 100% certain) that nobody gets rejected (at this point). Everyone is on the waitlist. However, those that actually get a WL email have a chance at getting any open spots. Those that don't get an email are really not being considered at the moment. CDU is very notorious for sending their Rs until the summer. But, things could be different this year since there are still some talks amongst the committee members.
it’s been real y’all...
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
I actually thought there interview went really well tooYeah that’s what I thought. From last year’s thread, some people got the WL email and some didn’t get anything at all. Some of those actually turned into As.
it’s been real y’all...
Well, the funny part is that all decisions should be out by March 15th (pls correct me if I am wrong). For some reason, they are meeting at some point next week (After Monday). I'm not sure why this is happening. It seems a little odd since I am certain all applicants have been reviewed.
Last edited:
Same here 😩I actually thought there interview went really well too
Yes, I think most people feel that way. Their interview is not bad. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get in. Lots of qualified applicants and some of their post-bac students usually get a few spots. But, I guess it's not over till it's over.I actually thought there interview went really well too