2020-2021 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
"We expect significant WL movement," they said. "There is a probability you will receive an offer," they said. 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
So it seems like there's been some movement. How many other high priority wait-list peeps haven't heard anything yet?

Reactions: 1 user
So it seems like there's been some movement. How many other high priority wait-list peeps haven't heard anything yet?
Silence over here. But I think the real question is how many people are on the HPWL? Unfortunately, top 33% only means so much if there's like 100 people on the HPWL.

I’m sorry if this was already covered, but is the high priority waitlist above the top tier of the waitlist? Or is it the same thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!!! IS, 3.8/516, half URM. I was incredibly awkward and Dean SooHoo is probably wondering if they made a mistake, but yay!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Yay congrats!!! Which branch?
In my acceptance email, it says "your final designation of site has not been determined" so I'm not sure? I know that there are the Colorado Springs and Fort Collins branches, but what other sites are there? And is that just for the clinical year?

Reactions: 1 users
In my acceptance email, it says "your final designation of site has not been determined" so I'm not sure? I know that there are the Colorado Springs and Fort Collins branches, but what other sites are there? And is that just for the clinical year?
It’s just Springs, FC, and then Aurora ofc. The FC is now a 4-year track and I believe Springs is just for the clinical years?

It’s just Springs, FC, and then Aurora ofc. The FC is now a 4-year track and I believe Springs is just for the clinical years?
That sounds right to me. You had to apply to FC or the Springs correct? I would prefer to be in Denver/Aurora so I didn't apply to either.

I emailed the admissions office and it sounds like if you have no interest in those branches, then you won't be placed there. You will be in Aurora.

Ive been going through the second look day presentations and it sounds like there will be required "stuff" from 8-5 most days. There's no way to know this as it's probably different for everyone, but I'm wondering how much time outside of classes will we need to spend studying? I don't really have a problem being gone 8-5 everyday, butttttt if I need to study for another 5 hours each day when I get home that'll be a little rough.

Got the call earlier today! For the rural program!
IS, 3.8/515
Need to go through all the second look day presentations.
Does anybody know after being pulled off the waitlist how long it will take to hear back about financial aid?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I just came to this thread to ask this exact question. It said the same thing in my email and I was so confused lol. So do I just assume I will be in Aurora if it says " your final designation of site has not been determined"? I just really need to start looking for housing, so want to make sure!

I just came to this thread to ask this exact question. It said the same thing in my email and I was so confused lol. So do I just assume I will be in Aurora if it says " your final designation of site has not been determined"? I just really need to start looking for housing, so want to make sure!
Yes that is what it sounded like! If you don't have any interest in Fort Collins or the springs or rural you won't be placed in them.

I withdrew my A from here this week. I hope it went to one of you! :love:

The CUSOM withdrawl was a hard one because I love the Denver area, but I think I found a better fit a little closer to home.

This thread has been a ride! I will miss checking it every morning :laugh:

Good luck to all you stars!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
In my call with Dean SooHoo he specifically mentioned CSB and i had to sign a branch specific contract. So if it is a specific one, I’d assume they’d let you know. So for mine, I’ll be in the springs for just my first clinical year (2nd year) in the past it’s been 3rd but new curriculum changes that! Then last two years are back at Anschutz.

Does anyone remember what the four advanced science courses we take are in third year?

As for the 'families' of medical students, is this an official thing or is it kind of born out of necessity due to COVID? Does CUSOM normally create these families of medical students because if so I would love to write about this in the secondary but I would not know what to call it/cant find it officially on the schools website.
In terms of medicine, they have a large focus on primary care and service to the underprivileged. There are many groups at CU that offer services to the communities in Aurora which is historically very disadvantaged (especially near campus). There is also the student-run clinic which has the mission as well. If that is your thing, you will have many opportunities here. That said, if you are interested in non-primary care specialties, you will have plenty of opportunities there as well. Many of us have every intention to go that route.

The camaraderie is great here at CU. I can only speak for my class, but we all put in a lot of effort to connect and we are all working through the difficulties of med school as a team. Though much of it is remote and over Zoom, we have had plenty of opportunities to safely meet in person too! During anatomy block, we had 3 or 4 on-campus sessions per week, which was more than I expected given the state of things. Everyone is divided into groups within your class and into "families" that are comprised of people from 1st-4th years. Everyone here is trying to help each other out, I've felt nothing other than that. The faculty is awesome. There were some complaints about that on last year's thread from a disgruntled student, but I have found none of that to be true. Everyone here is your advocate and it is apparent that students' success is their number 1 priority. I have no complaints!

Was on the middle tier of the waitlist, received an update today saying they for sure will not be able to offer me a seat

• Sad
Was on the middle tier of the waitlist, received an update today saying they for sure will not be able to offer me a seat
Onward and upward, friend! Hope you end up somewhere that is the best for you!

• Love
Any insights if HPWL is still active? Did the 184 in current acceptance offers CTE?

Admissions Tracker Updated June 7, 2021

Primary Applications: 14,106
Completed Applications: 8,549
Interviewed Applicants: 739
Total Acceptance Offers: 327
Current Acceptance Offers: 184

Any insights if HPWL is still active? Did the 184 in current acceptance offers CTE?

Admissions Tracker Updated June 7, 2021

Primary Applications: 14,106
Completed Applications: 8,549
Interviewed Applicants: 739
Total Acceptance Offers: 327
Current Acceptance Offers: 184
I think without anyone posting on here or calling admissions it is hard to tell. All I can say is that as an accepted student they have sent us details about the semester and all that but that doesn't mean they are or are not still pulling from the WL.

I think without anyone posting on here or calling admissions it is hard to tell. All I can say is that as an accepted student they have sent us details about the semester and all that but that doesn't mean they are or are not still pulling from the WL.
The commit to enroll deadline has passed for CU. All students that had an acceptance offer were required to commit last Friday. If they didn't, then their offer would be rescinded. Assuming that no waitlist movement has happened this week, I'm assuming that all 184 students that had acceptance offers chose to commit (myself included). At this point, it means that, unless some type of emergency happens or a student suddenly withdraws from school, then there will not really be any waitlist movement.

The commit to enroll deadline has passed for CU. All students that had an acceptance offer were required to commit last Friday. If they didn't, then their offer would be rescinded. Assuming that no waitlist movement has happened this week, I'm assuming that all 184 students that had acceptance offers chose to commit (myself included). At this point, it means that, unless some type of emergency happens or a student suddenly withdraws from school, then there will not really be any waitlist movement.
First post here but had to log in. I’m HPWL and have been on the Anschutz campus for years now, so really hoping to get in.

That’s good news to me that the commit to enroll deadline was last Friday… I emailed SOMadmissions yesterday and got an auto-reply that the admissions committee is out of office all this week and will return 7/12. Fingers crossed for next week!!

First post here but had to log in. I’m HPWL and have been on the Anschutz campus for years now, so really hoping to get in.

That’s good news to me that the commit to enroll deadline was last Friday… I emailed SOMadmissions yesterday and got an auto-reply that the admissions committee is out of office all this week and will return 7/12. Fingers crossed for next week!!
Thank you, guys, this makes sense.. 🤞