You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Colorado
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
chipotlebae
Full Member
They finally updated the tracker! The Acceptance Offers number was 317 for the longest time so I guess now "Acceptance Offers" reflects the number of students who have accepted admission to CU? Does this mean that the class is currently full at 181 students? Any other
thoughts on how to interpret this?
this is scary 😳 And their class size is 155 according to MSAR, what does this even mean?View attachment 336437
They finally updated the tracker! The Acceptance Offers number was 317 for the longest time so I guess now "Acceptance Offers" reflects the number of students who have accepted admission to CU? Does this mean that the class is currently full at 181 students? Any other
thoughts on how to interpret this?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My only other interpretation would be there are currently 181 offers that have been extended, not necessarily 181 who have committed?View attachment 336437
They finally updated the tracker! The Acceptance Offers number was 317 for the longest time so I guess now "Acceptance Offers" reflects the number of students who have accepted admission to CU? Does this mean that the class is currently full at 181 students? Any other
thoughts on how to interpret this?
Also is that for our incoming class? Or for the cycle that just opened? WHO KNOWS. Dear LORD i need a drink.this is scary 😳 And their class size is 155 according to MSAR, what does this even mean?
chipotlebae
Full Member
Same! Hard to predict which subsets of people this “181” includes! Are all of them committed to CU? Are some of them people from the WL who may be declining their offer? Who really killed Jeff Epstein? I guess we’ll never know 🤔I’m very confused lol
Yeah this is confusing, especially since it's been at 317 for awhile now. Which brave soul wants to call/email them? Anyone? Anyone??View attachment 336437
They finally updated the tracker! The Acceptance Offers number was 317 for the longest time so I guess now "Acceptance Offers" reflects the number of students who have accepted admission to CU? Does this mean that the class is currently full at 181 students? Any other
thoughts on how to interpret this?
chipotlebae
Full Member
THANK YOU!Best of luck everyone! 🙂View attachment 336443
You are amazing.Best of luck everyone! 🙂View attachment 336443
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chipotlebae
Full Member
Oh gosh, I hope so. Praying for other WLs to move so that our WL moves!So 181 have accepted admission. I would guess that at least some of these applicants are also on waitlists at other schools. A glimmer of hope
chipotlebae
Full Member
Where are we getting this 182, sorry? I don't remember seeing/hearing this number?Hey and if the class size is indeed 182, maybe someone will get a call today! Given that the 182nd spot is open
Is the class size 182? We need another brave soul!
From: Frequently Asked Questions University of Colorado School of Medicine
chipotlebae
Full Member
Also praying that they make those 3 more calls to get to 184 soon!!Oof praying to god that some of those 181 people choose another school over CU for some waitlist movement!!!
geckogirl99
Full Member
How much time do accepted students have before they have to definitively commit to Colorado? Just wondering if there is a chance of getting off the middle tier waitlist and when
Or go up to 184 + 29 for to account for last year 😀 just an idea!So I guess they under accepted last year due to covid (something like 165 seats). I'm hoping they're going back to 184 seats in the class this year....
YES. They're going to recognize that the loss of 19 physicians in the workforce is going to have devastating effects and will consider it their duty to stop the trainwreckOr go up to 184 + 29 for to account for last year 😀 just an idea!
chipotlebae
Full Member
Discuss ~
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah that's so disappointing, they sent out the tier placement so early, and they use such language like "probability of getting an offer". How can they do that if realistically there's three seats that need to be filled? 🙁I want to remain hopeful as long as possible, but assuming that one person accepts the final spot, there won’t be any more spots unless students who already accepted admission get off other WL’s? It feels like there wasn’t much movement this year
chipotlebae
Full Member
Right, of which 2 seem to be deferrals anyway.Yeah that's so disappointing, they sent out the tier placement so earlier, and they use such language like "probability of getting an offer". How can they do that if realistically there's three seats that need to be filled? 🙁
Wow. I am very sad
chipotlebae
Full Member
Per Isabella's email to me though, it sounds like they have only made 1 WL call so far.I could be wrong though. There’s no way to tell how many people actually got the call. Just my observations from this thread alone compared to previous years.
Yeah that's how it reads to me as well. Sounds like they've only offered 1 person a spot off the waitlist. Offering only 1-2 spots would be some terrible movement.Per Isabella's email to me though, it sounds like they have only made 1 WL call so far.
Does anyone know what it's like in a normal year?
chipotlebae
Full Member
This is also true. Or maybe they haven’t officially accepted the offer yet. Who knows? A lot of this is just speculation and trying to make sense of the nonsensical 😅Hmm, could be! I’m just thinking someone on this thread got a call on Tuesday and I’m assuming they accepted. The admissions tracker was updated today, and I feel if that person was the only call, the tracker would be at 182 spots right? I’m just guessing here. Either way for most of us reading this, the only thing we can do now is hope and wait 😅
It’s July 1st I thinkWhen is CU CTE date this year? the 181 students that accepted can drop their acceptance if they have a better offer (money, higher ranking, closer to home) somewhere else. After CTE date, students that committed to attemd CU must drop all their WL form other schools. So, WL Movement will primarily depend of this action. GL to all of you.
futuredoc4634
Full Member
CTE date is July 2 according to the acceptance email. I ofc can only speak for myself in saying that I am waiting on decisions for some other schools before making a final decision, so I definitely may not end up coming to CUSOM. I'm sure lots of other accepted students are in the same boat as well. It is only like a week past April 30, so I really do think there is time for other schools to decide on their waitlists, people will start dropping CUSOM, and waitlist movement will begin. Just my two cents, and I know I'm extremely lucky to have been accepted here, but I def don't think it's time to start panicking yet! 🙂
I'm sure at least a couple more spots will open up, but only having two people pulled off the waitlist is horrific movement. I wonder what Colorado's average is?Admissions tracker has been updated to “Total Acceptance Offers: 327” and “Current Acceptance Offers: 184”
Yeah I wonder that too. I think it’s just gonna be slow and uncertain for some time and then waitlist movement will start back up later in May as applicants make decisions based on waitlist acceptances.
Wish this year was like one of the previous years where it looked like applicants were being pulled from the waitlist everyday 🙁
Wish this year was like one of the previous years where it looked like applicants were being pulled from the waitlist everyday 🙁
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My guess is that they would wait until they drop below 184 in order to avoid the possibility of overenrollingDo you think they wait until they drop below 184 to pull from the waitlist, or do you think they will pull from the waitlist in anticipation of potentially dropping below that number?
C'mon CU, be bold, be brave. Admit 50 from the waitlist rn. You know you want to.My guess is that they would wait until they drop below 184 in order to avoid the possibility of overenrolling
chipotlebae
Full Member
I think so tooMy guess is that they would wait until they drop below 184 in order to avoid the possibility of overenrolling
Does anyone know if they still make financial aid offers into late summer, June/July timeframe? Or is there a pot of need-based aid money that runs out? I know I missed the scholarship window.
Asking because I'm currently classified as OOS but given veteran status, per CO law, I will be classified as in-state upon establishing domicile in CO.
Does anyone know what in-state financial aid looks like for folks with really modest FAFSAs? Another school I received an offer from gave their max for need-based aid... what does that look like at CU?
Asking because I'm currently classified as OOS but given veteran status, per CO law, I will be classified as in-state upon establishing domicile in CO.
Does anyone know what in-state financial aid looks like for folks with really modest FAFSAs? Another school I received an offer from gave their max for need-based aid... what does that look like at CU?
TastyPasta
New Member
Just received the call !!!!!
OOS. Colorado springs branch
OOS. Colorado springs branch