2021-2022 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today IS, complete October
edit: that sounded really casual but I'm losing my mind, as a late applicant wasn't expecting any IIs, and this is my dream school. extremely stoked

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
II today as well!! Complete late August. OOS with high stats

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II today IS, complete October
edit: that sounded really casual but I'm losing my mind, as a late applicant wasn't expecting any IIs, and this is my dream school. extremely stoked
Congrats!! What interview dates were available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! What interview dates were available?
Thank you!! I honestly didn't look too closely, just picked the first available (2/11), but I don't think I saw any other dates open for Feb or March? They may open more as current dates fill though, I'm not sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Rolling up on 4 weeks post interview and I’m finna have an aneurism. Just me? How’s everyone else holdin up?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a call from the dean today with an A!

Interviewed 1/14
URM
GPA 3.2 MCAT 508

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got my acceptance call!! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back, we've got this.

Interviewed: 1/21
ORM
GPA 3.97, MCAT 511

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone :)

Got an acceptance to CU Denver Jan 21st
Interviewed Dec 17
MCAT 508, GPA 3.52, OOS non-trad

Good luck!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Are they done sending IIs? They haven't updated the tracker in quite some time...

• Care
Are they done sending IIs? They haven't updated the tracker in quite some time...
I called last week and a super nice admissions counselor said they are interviewing through March and are still sending invites. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Came back to add: I was also told they received a record 10,800+ applications this year. Woah!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I called last week and a super nice admissions counselor said they are interviewing through March and are still sending invites. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
:) hopefully some of us get some good news. Wish we could send updates to them.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT THE A!!!! IS, interviewed 2/11. My first/only A, so I'm an absolute wreck. Hope this is a sign others are getting good news soon too

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Are they still sending out IIs?

The admissions office said today was the last day of interviews.
I talked to the admissions office several times and they said they interview at least up until the first week of march so

• Care
Lol you sure? Just a few posts up it says through March.
Pretty sure? I interviewed today and the assistant dean of admissions said it was the last day. I could be wrong, it wasn't my intention to freak anyone out.

• Sad
Pretty sure? I interviewed today and the assistant dean of admissions said it was the last day. I could be wrong, it wasn't my intention to freak anyone out.
Lol no worries. There was just conflicting information. If the assistant dean of admissions said it then it’s most likely true. Thanks for the info.

• Sad
well there go my chances of staying in colorado

• Sad
  • Care
well there go my chances of staying in colorado
+1. My SO is a student here so now I have to break the news that I’m moving across the country without her for 2 years. This sucks. Good luck elsewhere.

• Care
+1. My SO is a student here so now I have to break the news that I’m moving across the country without her for 2 years. This sucks. Good luck elsewhere.
I'm so so sorry. Trying to embrace the "everything happens for a reason" mindset, but it's tough.

• Care
Pre-II R after being on the high priority wait list last year. This is pain ):

• Care
  • Sad
Pre-II R. I have so much family in Colorado. Was really hoping for a chance here

Pre-II R as well.
IS.
App completed late Sept.
3.9/510.
Completely heartbroken.
I'm so sorry for everyone else who got the R today too.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R, best of luck to everyone still waiting on a decision!

pre-II R working and living here. A real shame, but what's meant to be, will be!

Adding my name to the list. Lived in CO for 5 years and went to undergrad there. Really thought I had a shot at an interview. Just goes to show how unpredictable this whole process is. Stay strong everyone ❤️

• Care
Interviewed here last Friday. It was my first and only interview this cycle. I was invited for interview one week prior, about 9 months since I submitted the application. I had completely moved on from the idea of going to medical school & had to re-read all my essays. Good luck to everyone, truly some outstanding individuals I had the pleasure of meeting! The future of medicine is looking extremely bright.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II R on Friday, complete early august. Good luck everyone!

Late update but caught the OOS pre-II R late Friday. Really liked this school so definitely bummed about this one :(

Congrats to everyone who secured an II in the last round!! Best of luck to all you future doctors!

Post-II WL :( I'm also OOS, does anyone know if they usually take a lot of people off of the WL or its not too hopeful for me?

Post-II WL :( I'm also OOS, does anyone know if they usually take a lot of people off of the WL or its not too hopeful for me?
When did you interview? I wish I could answer your question ):

Post interview WL. I interviewed on the last possible day so honestly the best outcome I could have hoped for!

Anyone know when we can expect to get financial aid packages? Just got one for another school and would like to see what I qualify for at CUSOM

Screenshot_20220310-105712.png

Anyone know how many they usually give out a year?
Last years data (from last years forum):

Admissions Tracker Updated June 7, 2021

Primary Applications: 14,106
Completed Applications: 8,549
Interviewed Applicants: 739
Total Acceptance Offers: 327
Current Acceptance Offers: 184

They also had ~280 acceptances this time last year. Not too much of a change.