You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Colorado
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pats4patty
Full Member
No idea on exact percentage, but it seems they really only pull off their high priority. I think they sent out an email in early April last year informing people which wait-list they were on.Does anyone know approximately what % of the WL that they accept? Or accepted last year?
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
Do any WL folks know how it works with program/campus preference? On my original app I indicated interest in the Fort Collins campus as well as Anschutz, however I heavily prefer Anschutz and would pick a dif school if admitted to FoCo. Anyone know if we should indicate this preference or not?
soporspelare
Full Member
Hey man, as a current accepted student who asked about this at their preview day, the Fort Collins branch dean (Dr. Chacko) and the current FoCo M1s assured me that if Anschutz is your first choice, you’ll get it. If anything with the CSB and FoCo branches, they do not want you to be there if you are unhappy given the communities there are so small and one person has a much larger relative impact on the culture out of 12 people. Also, just saying I indicated I was interested in FoCo in my secondary and that’s not the final criteria they use to decide your branch placement - you actually submit the branch preference form after you’ve been admitted, which is the most recent data they rely onDo any WL folks know how it works with program/campus preference? On my original app I indicated interest in the Fort Collins campus as well as Anschutz, however I heavily prefer Anschutz and would pick a dif school if admitted to FoCo. Anyone know if we should indicate this preference or not?
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
This is great info - thanks a bunch! I had no idea… I still don’t have a clue but this helps 🥴Hey man, as a current accepted student who asked about this at their preview day, the Fort Collins branch dean (Dr. Chacko) and the current FoCo M1s assured me that if Anschutz is your first choice, you’ll get it. If anything with the CSB and FoCo branches, they do not want you to be there if you are unhappy given the communities there are so small and one person has a much larger relative impact on the culture out of 12 people. Also, just saying I indicated I was interested in FoCo in my secondary and that’s not the final criteria they use to decide your branch placement - you actually submit the branch preference form after you’ve been admitted, which is the most recent data they rely on
Were there any post-II rejections? Doesn't seem like many people in the thread got WL either. From last year, it looks like only a handful of people got A's from the WL. Additionally, it was odd that they didn't mention a WL ranking to come out - they made it seem as if there was no ranking system in the WL email: "Candidates on our alternate list do not have a numerical rank"
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
I was thinking the same thing, I wonder if they're changing it for this year or if they don't consider high/mid/low "numerical". I feel like we really have no info on what's going on with the WLWere there any post-II rejections? Doesn't seem like many people in the thread got WL either. From last year, it looks like only a handful of people got A's from the WL. Additionally, it was odd that they didn't mention a WL ranking to come out - they made it seem as if there was no ranking system in the WL email: "Candidates on our alternate list do not have a numerical rank"
So I can tell you that at least last year (and in years prior), they initially just tell people they have been waitlisted, and then in about early to mid-April, they tell you where on the WL you fall (high priority, mid, or low). The text of the e-mail says essentially that they usually pull everyone off of high priority, if you are mid-priority you may or may not get pulled off, and low-priority means it's unlikely you will get pulled off.I was thinking the same thing, I wonder if they're changing it for this year or if they don't consider high/mid/low "numerical". I feel like we really have no info on what's going on with the WL
Last year I was a High Priority WL, and did not get pulled off. From what I heard, they pulled VERY few people off the waitlist last year (not sure if it was just the weird COVID cycle or what happened, but it was a huge bummer).
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
Great info, thanks a bunch! Now the wait continues….So I can tell you that at least last year (and in years prior), they initially just tell people they have been waitlisted, and then in about early to mid-April, they tell you where on the WL you fall (high priority, mid, or low). The text of the e-mail says essentially that they usually pull everyone off of high priority, if you are mid-priority you may or may not get pulled off, and low-priority means it's unlikely you will get pulled off.
Last year I was a High Priority WL, and did not get pulled off. From what I heard, they pulled VERY few people off the waitlist last year (not sure if it was just the weird COVID cycle or what happened, but it was a huge bummer).
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
Is attendance required for lectures here? I can’t seem to find a straight answer
Inbutanxious
Full Member
It is.Is attendance required for lectures here? I can’t seem to find a straight answer
soporspelare
Full Member
Depends on the class - some are 100% required, for others you only have to attend 50% across the semester. The M1s there told me they average between 10 and 25 hours of in-person class time on campus per week, sometimes more on occasional rougher week.Is attendance required for lectures here? I can’t seem to find a straight answer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
violingirl2
Full Member
Amen to that!Manifesting good vibes for us waitlist purgatory folks on this fine April 1st✨
.
Last edited:
pats4patty
Full Member
Received mine as well. Lower third. IS and interviewed first day, guess they really didn't like me that much lol. Will be withdrawing promptly. GL everyone else on the WL and to everyone starting here in the fall!Received status update. Middle third
Middle Tier 🙁
D
deleted1108356
Top priority waitlist, but I don’t have too much hope.
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
Top third, IS - letting myself be hopeful cuz hey wtf else can we do right?
Anecdotal from looking at recent past years on sdnWhere did you find this info abt waitlist movement?
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
Top priority tier - cautiously optimistic. Hopeful to start seeing some movement!
I know you said not counting last year but I was middle third last year (had to CTE elsewhere and remove myself from waitlist). When they sent out rankings, they said that they expected they would be able to give me a seat. So, in prior years middle tier must've had movement.middle third! anyone know if they've taken off of middle third before (not counting last year haha)
_space_cat
Full Member
Asking this again for myself as well. I got the scholarship update, but does anyone know when full financial aid comes out?Anyone know when we can expect to get financial aid packages? Just got one for another school and would like to see what I qualify for at CUSOM
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
Anyone else been getting a suspicious number of scam calls lately…? Smh
dingdongscholar
New Member
Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist or have an estimate?
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
Does anyone know how much money the loan package reserves for monthly rent if you receive the loan package that covers everything?
Just withdrew my acceptance here! Hope it goes to one of you 🙂
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
Has anyone else spent most of today neurotically scrolling through past years threads to gather any and all info about the likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist yet also is fully aware that ~every year is different~ and it doesn't make sense to freak out about stuff you can't control 🙃
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
Congratulations!!Just got accepted off the waitlist! In state, so excited.
violingirl2
Full Member
Congrats, that’s amazing!! If you’re comfortable sharing, were you placed in the first third of the waitlist?Just got accepted off the waitlist! In state, so excited.
Thank you! Yes, I was in the first third.Congrats, that’s amazing!! If you’re comfortable sharing, were you placed in the first third of the waitlist?
Thank you! Yes, I was in the first third.
Congratulations!! Was it through a call or email?Just got accepted off the waitlist! In state, so excited.
Thanks!! It was a phone call.Congratulations!! Was it through a call or email?
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
Congratulations 😍 What time did they call you?Got off the waitlist earlier today! IS; top-third - I got a phone call from a 303 number!
a little before 3pm mountain timeCongratulations 😍 What time did they call you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ozonerainmaker
New Member
Also got the call off the waitlist yesterday around the same time. OOS, top-third
dockywocky
New Member
Does anyone know how many people are in each tier of the waitlist?
rad103
New Member
Just an estimate but I think ~100Does anyone know how many people are in each tier of the waitlist?
I just received an A call from Dr. SooHoo and feeling very happy and grateful. OOS. 3.54 UG GPA, 517. I truly wish the rest of you the very best y'all!
D
deleted1135084
Just got the call about 10 minutes ago! IS 3.92 513. You guys got this. Much love.