2021-2022 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I think the scholarship deadline is tomorrow, does anyone remember if they said when scholarships might be released? Also financial aid?

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently Dean SooHoo in the interview day presentations said we'd get it around mid March to April as far as financial aid is concerned (once all post-interview decisions have been made)

Does anyone know approximately what % of the WL that they accept? Or accepted last year?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know approximately what % of the WL that they accept? Or accepted last year?
No idea on exact percentage, but it seems they really only pull off their high priority. I think they sent out an email in early April last year informing people which wait-list they were on.

Do any WL folks know how it works with program/campus preference? On my original app I indicated interest in the Fort Collins campus as well as Anschutz, however I heavily prefer Anschutz and would pick a dif school if admitted to FoCo. Anyone know if we should indicate this preference or not?

Do any WL folks know how it works with program/campus preference? On my original app I indicated interest in the Fort Collins campus as well as Anschutz, however I heavily prefer Anschutz and would pick a dif school if admitted to FoCo. Anyone know if we should indicate this preference or not?
Hey man, as a current accepted student who asked about this at their preview day, the Fort Collins branch dean (Dr. Chacko) and the current FoCo M1s assured me that if Anschutz is your first choice, you’ll get it. If anything with the CSB and FoCo branches, they do not want you to be there if you are unhappy given the communities there are so small and one person has a much larger relative impact on the culture out of 12 people. Also, just saying I indicated I was interested in FoCo in my secondary and that’s not the final criteria they use to decide your branch placement - you actually submit the branch preference form after you’ve been admitted, which is the most recent data they rely on

Reactions: 1 users
Hey man, as a current accepted student who asked about this at their preview day, the Fort Collins branch dean (Dr. Chacko) and the current FoCo M1s assured me that if Anschutz is your first choice, you’ll get it. If anything with the CSB and FoCo branches, they do not want you to be there if you are unhappy given the communities there are so small and one person has a much larger relative impact on the culture out of 12 people. Also, just saying I indicated I was interested in FoCo in my secondary and that’s not the final criteria they use to decide your branch placement - you actually submit the branch preference form after you’ve been admitted, which is the most recent data they rely on
This is great info - thanks a bunch! I had no idea… I still don’t have a clue but this helps 🥴

Were there any post-II rejections? Doesn't seem like many people in the thread got WL either. From last year, it looks like only a handful of people got A's from the WL. Additionally, it was odd that they didn't mention a WL ranking to come out - they made it seem as if there was no ranking system in the WL email: "Candidates on our alternate list do not have a numerical rank"

Were there any post-II rejections? Doesn't seem like many people in the thread got WL either. From last year, it looks like only a handful of people got A's from the WL. Additionally, it was odd that they didn't mention a WL ranking to come out - they made it seem as if there was no ranking system in the WL email: "Candidates on our alternate list do not have a numerical rank"
I was thinking the same thing, I wonder if they're changing it for this year or if they don't consider high/mid/low "numerical". I feel like we really have no info on what's going on with the WL

Reactions: 1 user
I was thinking the same thing, I wonder if they're changing it for this year or if they don't consider high/mid/low "numerical". I feel like we really have no info on what's going on with the WL
So I can tell you that at least last year (and in years prior), they initially just tell people they have been waitlisted, and then in about early to mid-April, they tell you where on the WL you fall (high priority, mid, or low). The text of the e-mail says essentially that they usually pull everyone off of high priority, if you are mid-priority you may or may not get pulled off, and low-priority means it's unlikely you will get pulled off.

Last year I was a High Priority WL, and did not get pulled off. From what I heard, they pulled VERY few people off the waitlist last year (not sure if it was just the weird COVID cycle or what happened, but it was a huge bummer).

So I can tell you that at least last year (and in years prior), they initially just tell people they have been waitlisted, and then in about early to mid-April, they tell you where on the WL you fall (high priority, mid, or low). The text of the e-mail says essentially that they usually pull everyone off of high priority, if you are mid-priority you may or may not get pulled off, and low-priority means it's unlikely you will get pulled off.

Last year I was a High Priority WL, and did not get pulled off. From what I heard, they pulled VERY few people off the waitlist last year (not sure if it was just the weird COVID cycle or what happened, but it was a huge bummer).
Great info, thanks a bunch! Now the wait continues….

Is attendance required for lectures here? I can’t seem to find a straight answer

Members don't see this ad :)
Is attendance required for lectures here? I can’t seem to find a straight answer
Depends on the class - some are 100% required, for others you only have to attend 50% across the semester. The M1s there told me they average between 10 and 25 hours of in-person class time on campus per week, sometimes more on occasional rougher week.

Did anybody send a letter of intent? They say they do not accept updates but does an commitment fall under that?

Manifesting good vibes for us waitlist purgatory folks on this fine April 1st✨

I don't think it probably did much because I feel like I distinctly remember SooHoo saying they don't really read the thank-you notes or use them for the admissions process

Received status update. Middle third

Received status update. Middle third
Received mine as well. Lower third. IS and interviewed first day, guess they really didn't like me that much lol. Will be withdrawing promptly. GL everyone else on the WL and to everyone starting here in the fall!

middle tier😔 WL movement looked pretty abysmal in the last couple years so this might be goodbye to the dream school, best of luck to the rest of yall!!

Top third, IS - letting myself be hopeful cuz hey wtf else can we do right?

middle third! anyone know if they've taken off of middle third before (not counting last year haha)

middle third! anyone know if they've taken off of middle third before (not counting last year haha)
I know you said not counting last year but I was middle third last year (had to CTE elsewhere and remove myself from waitlist). When they sent out rankings, they said that they expected they would be able to give me a seat. So, in prior years middle tier must've had movement.

Anyone know when we can expect to get financial aid packages? Just got one for another school and would like to see what I qualify for at CUSOM
Asking this again for myself as well. I got the scholarship update, but does anyone know when full financial aid comes out?

Anyone else been getting a suspicious number of scam calls lately…? Smh

Does anyone know how much money the loan package reserves for monthly rent if you receive the loan package that covers everything?

Just withdrew my acceptance here! Hope it goes to one of you :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Very quiet in the thread - hoping for some movement soon

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else spent most of today neurotically scrolling through past years threads to gather any and all info about the likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist yet also is fully aware that ~every year is different~ and it doesn't make sense to freak out about stuff you can't control 🙃

Just got accepted off the waitlist! In state, so excited.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got off the waitlist earlier today! IS; top-third - I got a phone call from a 303 number!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also got the call off the waitlist yesterday around the same time. OOS, top-third

I just received an A call from Dr. SooHoo and feeling very happy and grateful. OOS. 3.54 UG GPA, 517. I truly wish the rest of you the very best y'all!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call about 10 minutes ago! IS 3.92 513. You guys got this. Much love.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users