2020-2021 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else have trouble logging into NEST after withdrawing? I got an update (probably my refund) but when I try to log in or reset my password it says "User invalid" or something along those lines.
Are we eligible for refund if we withdrew after 04/30, or only before?

Members don't see this ad.

checked my portal today and saw an A!!!! first one of the cycle, I could not be more grateful and thrilled! i got waitlisted 3/8 and was accepted to the phoenix campus!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
checked my portal today and saw an A!!!! first one of the cycle, I could not be more grateful and thrilled! i got waitlisted 3/8 and was accepted to the phoenix campus!
no phone call?! and congratulations!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Checked my portal and got the A to the phoenix campus!! Waitlisted on 3/15. Haven't gotten an email or phone call though, and my "decision letter" is still a letter from March about being on the alternate list.

Over the MOON. Hesitant to get too excited because I'm scared it's a fluke!!

Checked my portal and got the A to the phoenix campus!! Waitlisted on 3/15. Haven't gotten an email or phone call though, and my "decision letter" is still a letter from March about being on the alternate list.

Over the MOON. Hesitant to get too excited because I'm scared it's a fluke!!
congratulations!! where did you see it on the portal/what’s the difference between that and the decision letter??

congratulations!! where did you see it on the portal/what’s the difference between that and the decision letter??
My portal has the same "A decision has been made on your application. Click to review your next steps" message that I had when waitlisted, but when I clicked it there's a message that congratulates me + tells me my campus assignment! It doesn't allow me to accept my offer of admission though, and the decision letter is my old one from March. Hoping they just need some time to update everything :)

I called admissions and they said that they are planning on calling alternates today and that official letters should go out Monday!!

Accepted from the WL earlier today, got a phone call, said everything should be updated in the portal by Monday. Pretty sure we have 14 days to then put down a deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from admissions with an A from the WL. OOS student

Any recently admitted student not seeing Creighton on the "Choose your Medical School" tool?

Any recently admitted student not seeing Creighton on the "Choose your Medical School" tool?
Mine is not there. My portal updated Friday, but my decision letter didn't post until today. I'm sure the CYMS will take another day or two.

They pretty much said if you keep them updated from your interview through the end of April by putting new information on your portal, they will know you're still interested in Creighton. This keeps you in their heads when they begin to consider WL positions. "It's not what you know, it's who."

For all those still on the alternate list, I called their office Wednesday and was told they have about 300 on the alternate list and expect to accept 20-30 more applicants (obviously a rough estimate). Commit to enroll is July 8, almost all the spots should be filled by then. The waitlist process is rolling, they accept students as spots open.

Just withdrew my acceptance from the Omaha campus!
Hope it goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted off the waitlist today!!! I’m in so much shock but SO excited 🥺

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Says it's a 10 Panel Drug Screen

.... so yes, likely cannabis too

Can anyone tell me what the drug test before matriculation is like? Is it a urine test? How strict is it?
What do you mean by strict? If you are from NE you probably know possession of marijuana is still illegal in the state (LB 474), NE does not have the high level of problems other states have and they don't want them. This goes for medicinal and recreational use as well. Other forms of recreational narcotics including heroin, cocaine are generally also disqualifying. In terms of medication, with a fiduciary patient necessity to require medical students or employees in positions affecting public safety to report when they are taking medication that may affect their ability to perform essential functions. Only Dr. House is permitted to perform brain surgery while on a high level of barbiturates... Under these limited circumstances, an employer must be able to demonstrate that an employee’s inability or impaired ability, as a result of medication, to perform essential functions will result in a direct threat. Additionally, as a Jesuit, Catholic University Creighton promotes societal, lawful values and generally may frown upon any related institutional action.

• Haha
I was accepted off the waitlist today :) ORM, 3.7, 517, waitlisted sometime in January. good luck to you all!!:)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I was accepted off the waitlist today :) ORM, 3.7, 517, waitlisted sometime in January. good luck to you all!!:)
Congratulations! how were you notified? by email? call? portal update?

I logged on to submit an update and realized that this year's application has reset. It looks like it is set up for the 2021-2022 cycle. Anyone else seeing this?