You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Creighton
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What kind of merit based aid? Did not think much was available and most accepted are the best if the best so how would they distinguish?I received merit aid before filling out the FAFSA.
Stay engaged updates let them know if accepted you will attend. Acceptance to matriculation rate is a key metric.Alternate list right now. Any thoughts on getting off of the list? Not the best news. Third time being on the alternate list (multiple schools) is not a good feeling.🥺
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing beats the atlas for location, convenience and amenities. It is pricey so if on a budget get a two bedroom instead of a one bedroom to save $6k a year. In a month they will open up a Facebook page where you can look for a suitable roommate. Last look early summer you could even meet them out there. Try to avoid court yard level as people outside windows is just creepy. Atlas right across street from cardiac center where you will have class. You will not need a car, but if you have one there is cheap out door parking.Anybody know anything about areas of Omaha or apartment complexes that are convenient for 1st and 2nd year students to live in? I want to start thinking about living arrangements but haven't been able to find much on Creighton's website
It was the Medical Dean's scholarship.What kind of merit based aid? Did not think much was available and most accepted are the best if the best so how would they distinguish?
Congrats on this tremendous award and accomplishment! While all those interviewed support the Jesuit Catholics' mission of serving others. In particular those least able to help themselves and most in need. Your proven, demonstrated commitment to this population must have been truly exceptional to get an endowed scholarship. When you are a physician those you serve will be most fortunate indeed.It was the Medical Dean's scholarship.
katecoffee
New Member
If my "thank you for interviewing" message is still present, is it likely I won't hear a decision this Monday? (I interviewed end of February)
Decision has probably been made. Updates and LOIs are probably better for afterward.If my “thank you for interviewing” status disappeared would it even be worthwhile submitting an update until I know of my status (A/WL/R) since my file is probably already reviewed?
Less likely decision has been made.If my "thank you for interviewing" message is still present, is it likely I won't hear a decision this Monday? (I interviewed end of February)
Midday.What time of the day are decisions typically released?
confusedmonkey123
Full Member
Does anyone know anything about Creighton's deferral policy, if an accepted student for some reason needs to defer their acceptance for a year? Thanks for the help!
+1Got the WL email this morning. I don't see anything in the portal on how to accept my alternate status however.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Does anyone know the odds of being pulled off the WL here?
Seem relatively high just based off movement last year and in MSAR. But you never know 🙁Does anyone know the odds of being pulled off the WL here?
clarkebar42
New Member
Anyone have any info about April Second Look Day? Schedule, dress code, bringing parent/SO, etc.? Anyone who attended an earlier Second Look Day want to share their experience?
The Admitted Student Day started with a few addresses by the dean, student support, fin aid, Q&A, etc. Then a campus tour (wear comfy shoes) and the day culminated in a social hour (free booze!). SOs/parents were welcome. Some people brought both parents and that seemed acceptable.Anyone have any info about April Second Look Day? Schedule, dress code, bringing parent/SO, etc.? Anyone who attended an earlier Second Look Day want to share their experience?
It was overall fun
katecoffee
New Member
anyone heard news yet today?
starshipsweremeanttofly
Full Member
I just formally withdrew my spot from the alternate list, as I have other options! I hope this helps with some movement for all of you deserving applicants. Best of luck everyone! (I received the alternate position today, II 3/2.)
dr. waffle
New Member
Did you feel like it was helpful or changed your opinion of the school in any way? I’m not sure if I should try to go (will take a lot for me to swing it at work)The Admitted Student Day started with a few addresses by the dean, student support, fin aid, Q&A, etc. Then a campus tour (wear comfy shoes) and the day culminated in a social hour (free booze!). SOs/parents were welcome. Some people brought both parents and that seemed acceptable.
It was overall fun
Oddly enough, it honestly just reaffirmed my initial thoughts on the school. The things I really loved about Creighton were highlighted (service, really caring administrators, happy students, etc) but so were the things I didn't like (religious aspects not suiting me as an atheist, lack of robust research, minimal diversity, etc). The visit to Omaha really helped alleviate my fears that the city was too small and rural (coming from a really big city) and Omaha was surprisingly very nice.Did you feel like it was helpful or changed your opinion of the school in any way? I’m not sure if I should try to go (will take a lot for me to swing it at work)
ooo000
Full Member
Did anyone receive the financial offer? I got accepted very early and submitted my FAFSA, but haven't heard anything about my financial package.....Also, anyone experienced issues login into their NEST system? It changed to a Microsoft page for some reason and my user name is no longer valid.....
pats4patty
Full Member
I emailed financial aid about having not heard anything and they said they were still in the process of finalizing their CoA for the year. They said financial aid would be sent shortly after finalizing the CoADid anyone receive the financial offer? I got accepted very early and submitted my FAFSA, but haven't heard anything about my financial package.....Also, anyone experienced issues login into their NEST system? It changed to a Microsoft page for some reason and my user name is no longer valid.....
dr. waffle
New Member
Email or call the admissions office. I had problems creating an account after being admitted and they said they had just switched to a new system. They referred me to the IT line and they were super helpful and quick to fix the issue.
Did anyone receive the financial offer? I got accepted very early and submitted my FAFSA, but haven't heard anything about my financial package.....Also, anyone experienced issues login into their NEST system? It changed to a Microsoft page for some reason and my user name is no longer valid.....
kathyzoo
New Member
Has anyone received invites for the April Second Look Day on Phoenix Campus?Anyone have any info about April Second Look Day? Schedule, dress code, bringing parent/SO, etc.? Anyone who attended an earlier Second Look Day want to share their experience?
imposter_syndrome
Full Member
No. I'm curious how everyone else is seeing their invite. If you find out can you let me know pleaseHas anyone received invites for the April Second Look Day on Phoenix Campus?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ooo000
Full Member
Nope, I am accepted the first day but still heard nothingHas anyone received financial aid information yet? They mentioned at the Phoenix second look day in February to expect something by mid-march but I have not yet received anything
The vast majority of financial aid is in the form of student loans. Very, very little institutional aid money is offered to a couple students. Your loan package will be about $90k a year. At orientation the military comes and speaks about how they will pay costs if you serve as an official as a doctor for a period of time, there were about 3 students that signed.Nope, I am accepted the first day but still heard nothing
confusedmonkey123
Full Member
Also wondering about this -- has anyone received an update on this yet?Has anyone received invites for the April Second Look Day on Phoenix Campus?
kathyzoo
New Member
I just emailed and here's the email reply from admissions office:Also wondering about this -- has anyone received an update on this yet?
"Due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change the date for the Admitted Student Day in Phoenix. We are still finalizing a date"
Theshadybanana
New Member
Just got an email about the Phoenix admitted students day! Its on April 23. They did not give us any specific schedule for the day however.
imposter_syndrome
Full Member
Did anyone else get a scholarship email?
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
Has anyone else uploaded an update letter/letter of intent? It says that it should show a "last updated date in green" next to the section where you uploaded it after 10 minutes, but I submitted one yesterday and it still doesn't show anything listed.
Lemon13463
Full Member
Did you submit it as a pdf?Has anyone else uploaded an update letter/letter of intent? It says that it should show a "last updated date in green" next to the section where you uploaded it after 10 minutes, but I submitted one yesterday and it still doesn't show anything listed.
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
Ooh no actually I submitted it as a word doc. But it does specifically mention that is an accepted means of submission. I could retry with a pdf though instead.Did you submit it as a pdf?
Lemon13463
Full Member
PDF should work better! Same thing happened to me with a word docOoh no actually I submitted it as a word doc. But it does specifically mention that is an accepted means of submission. I could retry with a pdf though instead.
Anyone know if this school is still sending out anymore scholarship packages or only financial aid offers at this point?
wait, have you gotten your financial aid package?Anyone know if this school is still sending out anymore scholarship packages or only financial aid offers at this point?
Not for Creightonwait, have you gotten your financial aid package?
TheReal-BilboBaggins
Full Member
Also curious about this if anyone knows. Wonder if we will see some WL movement this week after 4/15 as wellAre they going to be sending out Rs during the next round of WL movement for those on the WL? Or are they just going to keep us on their until the end of the cycle of you aren’t accepted? Anyone know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Candidates matriculate off the wait list up to the day before classes commence. No r"s to waitlist candidates. First cut down to 3 schools for those incredibly lucky enough to have multiple acceptances drives movement on mid tier schools' waitlist. Final decision day down to 1 drives more movement for those giving up second choice seats. If candidates are set with a first choice acceptance they give up seats in second choice schools earlier than forced to as a classy move. The waiting stinks for those with i's but no a's. But part of process. To even get a waitlist is a huge accomplishment and still in the game.Also curious about this if anyone knows. Wonder if we will see some WL movement this week after 4/15 as well
imposter_syndrome
Full Member
Did you fill out FAFSA?Just got my financial aid packet through email
doglover888
Full Member
Just got my financial aid package as well—will be withdrawing from the Phoenix campus! Hoping to free up some spots for those on the WL 🙂
You have to fill out FAFSA to get an aid packageAlso interested if people receiving their aid package got it because they filled out FAFSA... because I have not filled it out yet. Also, what website would you see your financial aid package on?