2021-2022 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @Morningnight for sharing this year's questions!

2021-2022 Creighton Secondary Essay Prompts:
  1. Please state your reasons for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. (2000 characters)
  2. In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School or Medicine achieve its mission. (2000 characters)
  3. How has your experiences with diverse populations prepared you for being a future physician? (2000 characters)
  4. Describe how you have dealt with a personal challenge or major obstacle that you have overcome. Focus on what you learned about yourself and how it will help you during the challenges you might face in medical school. (2000 characters)
  5. Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (2000 characters)
  6. If taking a gap year, Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student. (2000 characters)
  7. At Creighton we are committed to the service of others through non-medical volunteer activities. Please list all your non-medical community service hours post high school. Please list any experiences, including those previously described on your AMCAS application. Include a brief description, dates and number of hours for each event. (300 characters for each activity)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Does anyone know why it says on Creighton's website that they accept 230 new students every year but their first-year class is 167 on MSAR?
Also, as an Arizona resident would it hurt my admissions chances to only mark the Arizona campus as my desired location on the secondary?

Hi everyone! Does anyone know why it says on Creighton's website that they accept 230 new students every year but their first-year class is 167 on MSAR?
Also, as an Arizona resident would it hurt my admissions chances to only mark the Arizona campus as my desired location on the secondary?
So I got in last cycle and if I remember correct there are I think 130 seats at Omaha and 100 at Phoenix. Ignore the MSAR number

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I got in last cycle and if I remember correct there are I think 130 seats at Omaha and 100 at Phoenix. Ignore the MSAR number
That makes way more sense

No, they really won't even look at the preference until you're admitted and they're looking where to place you

Reactions: 1 users
On the secondary, does it give you the choice of which campus you want to be at (Arizona vs Nebraska)?

can someone post the questions
Gotchu. @wysdoc secondary prompts are below.

1. Please state your reasons for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. (2000 characters)
  2. In Creighton's Jesuit, Catholic tradition, the mission of the School of Medicine is to improve the human condition with a diverse body of students, faculty and staff who provide excellence in educating students, physicians and the public, advancing knowledge and providing comprehensive patient care. Please describe the role(s) you can play in helping the School or Medicine achieve its mission. (2000 characters)
  3. How has your experiences with diverse populations prepared you for being a future physician? (2000 characters)
  4. Describe how you have dealt with a personal challenge or major obstacle that you have overcome. Focus on what you learned about yourself and how it will help you during the challenges you might face in medical school. (2000 characters)
  5. Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (2000 characters)
  6. If taking a gap year, Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student. (2000 characters)
  7. At Creighton we are committed to the service of others through non-medical volunteer activities. Please list all your non-medical community service hours post high school. Please list any experiences, including those previously described on your AMCAS application. Include a brief description, dates and number of hours for each event. (300 characters for each activity)

Members don't see this ad :)
So i'm just trying to submit here but want to select both campuses but I'm not getting the option to do so. Can someone help a brother out

I only have the option for one or the other?
Yeah sorry I was wrong you just choose your preference but they have the right to admit you to the other campus if your preference isn’t available

So i'm just trying to submit here but want to select both campuses but I'm not getting the option to do so. Can someone help a brother out
Just choose the one you like more and if it’s not available you will get admitted to the other one if you are admitted

secondary yesterday, OOS. FYI if you're copy and pasting from word or pages or something like that you have to copy and paste to notes (mac) or notepad and then copy and paste from there into their portal. otherwise your answers won't save. did this 3 times 😅😅 before i read the fine print of the email lololol hopefully will save y'all some frustration.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many hours of non-medical community service they want you to have to be competitive?
Would making masks during Covid and volunteering at a camp for kids with cancer be non-medical?
The camp was just for companionship and to be a buddy didn't do anything medical at the camp.

Pre-writing secondaries here - do the character limits for the prompts include spaces? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this!

Are you guys specifying reasons for the campus you want to attend in your Why Creighton essay?

Gotchu. @wysdoc secondary prompts are below.

Oh ok, Creighton. #3 and #4 were not there the last time I applied.

• Haha
Anyone else having trouble paying the fee? Once I click on Pay Now and try to select Pay with Debit or Credit Card, the page would not load

Hi all! When they ask for us to list non-medical volunteer activities with descriptions in the secondary app, can we copy/paste the description from the primary app or should we be writing a new description?

Hi all! When they ask for us to list non-medical volunteer activities with descriptions in the secondary app, can we copy/paste the description from the primary app or should we be writing a new description?
I just redid mine. You also don't have enough characters to copy and paste the description from your primary.

Are the Phoenix and Omaha curriculums the same? I couldn't find anything alluding that they are different.

For the prompt regarding non-clinical volunteer experiences, is the description to include hours, dates completed, as well as a description of the activity? Or is there a separate space on the secondary to list the amount of hours/dates that does not count towards the character limit?

For the prompt regarding non-clinical volunteer experiences, is the description to include hours, dates completed, as well as a description of the activity? Or is there a separate space on the secondary to list the amount of hours/dates that does not count towards the character limit?
separate space to talk about hours/dates

Received application complete email today! Submitted 07/09.

my application was complete 7/10, but 3/4 of my LOR's say "do not meet requirements" on them? I haven't heard anything from the school directly, so i just emailed, but I haven't had any other school have issues with my LOR's... anyone else see this?

my application was complete 7/10, but 3/4 of my LOR's say "do not meet requirements" on them? I haven't heard anything from the school directly, so i just emailed, but I haven't had any other school have issues with my LOR's... anyone else see this?
Did you make sure your letters were on official letterhead with a signature from the writer? That could be the issue.

Did you make sure your letters were on official letterhead with a signature from the writer? That could be the issue.
i told them all too, but i'm non trad and 2 of them have retired since so no letterhead.

What does this mean after I submitted the payment? I clicked return to merchant like they said: "Because you recently attempted to make a payment of your application fee, your fee status is currently marked as payment pending. If you experienced problems in the payment process, an email will be sent to you once your payment status has been reset. You will be able to make a new payment attempt at that time." I also got a receipt that I paid.

Also, how long does it take to receive the email that they received all credentials needed to complete the file?

So is the second question regarding their mission a 'how do you bring diversity to our student body' question in disguise? Or are y'all taking a different angle.

Can we view our LORs status before submitting the app?

Does Creighton send an official email saying the application is complete or is it only reflected in the portal?

Does Creighton send an official email saying the application is complete or is it only reflected in the portal?
They send an email. On the submit page it says it could take 2-4 weeks to get that email. I submitted 7/11 and was marked complete yesterday.

So is the second question regarding their mission a 'how do you bring diversity to our student body' question in disguise? Or are y'all taking a different angle.
yeah I was gonna write a diversity essay but I feel like there's gonna be some overlapping between q2 and q3. did anybody else have the same problem?

yeah I was gonna write a diversity essay but I feel like there's gonna be some overlapping between q2 and q3. did anybody else have the same problem?
i talked about clinical experience in an underserved population for q2 and diversity essay for q3

Is anyone else's portal giving them the following error:
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

CreateObject Exception

/creightonmed/default.asp

The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005.

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : c0000005'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/creightonmed/_includes/schoolinfo.asp, line 233

c0000005

I have only 100 nonmedical volunteer hours. does that put me at a disadvantage?

Has anyone had problems submitting the portal for the secondary application? Each time I save my essays on the additional information page and leave the page, all my entries delete. I am using Safari and following the instructions on the secondary invite email.

Has anyone had problems submitting the portal for the secondary application? Each time I save my essays on the additional information page and leave the page, all my entries delete. I am using Safari and following the instructions on the secondary invite email.
Could be the browser, do you have google chrome or firefox? You could also try clearing your cache.

Were you able to resolve this problem? I am having the same issue!