You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Creighton
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Where does it say which campus we are assigned to? I was told that we wouldn't find out until April!I actually emailed to check this and they told me the Phoenix campus was full but they would put me on the waiting list for Phoenix should a spot open up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
acceptme123
Full Member
Check on your portal where it says a decision has been made. Mine says like "campus assigned: phoenix"Where does it say which campus we are assigned to? I was told that we wouldn't find out until April!
Pre-II R
samePre-II R
Yes. Idk if they publicize it but my tour guide told me that last year.Do they waitlist everyone who didnt get A after interview?
Pre-II R.
Does anyone know if they allow for tours of the Phoenix campus? Or if we are even allowed to enter the building and explore?
I'm visiting Phoenix in a few days and thought I might check it out. Thanks in advance!
I'm visiting Phoenix in a few days and thought I might check it out. Thanks in advance!
retro2021
Full Member
Pre-II R. I appreciate that they are offering general application advice, though this part of the email made me laugh/groan:
"If you were accepted and plan to matriculate at another medical school, congratulations! Well done and we wish you all success.
If you were not, read on."
"If you were accepted and plan to matriculate at another medical school, congratulations! Well done and we wish you all success.
If you were not, read on."
D
deleted1012224
With some students now spending all four years at the Phoenix campus, does anyone know if there will still be an option for Omaha students to complete their M3/M4 years in Phoenix?
Well stated. Applicants desperately seek feedback from other schools' Admissions and in many cases and by policy they do not provide it. It speaks well to Creighton's Jesuit mission that they take the time to provide applicants much valued feedback. At the end of they day, after all that hard work and accomplishment who is not seeking answers. Just curious was the feedback centered around research hours or direct patient clinical volunteer hours or shadowing? Both opportunities were decimated with COVID and applicants losing their planned for hours in those areas leaving them hanging.Pre-II R. I appreciate that they are offering general application advice, though this part of the email made me laugh/groan:
"If you were accepted and plan to matriculate at another medical school, congratulations! Well done and we wish you all success.
If you were not, read on."
retro2021
Full Member
Agreed. It's a nice thing to do beyond the general silence and "reach out to your pre-med advisor" line that most offer (or the worst alternative IMO--"here's out Masters program" etc.). While the feedback will not be personalized, they state the presentation will cover the following:Well stated. Applicants desperately seek feedback from other schools' Admissions and in many cases and by policy they do not provide it. It speaks well to Creighton's Jesuit mission that they take the time to provide applicants much valued feedback. At the end of they day, after all that hard work and accomplishment who is not seeking answers. Just curious was the feedback centered around research hours or direct patient clinical volunteer hours or shadowing? Both opportunities were decimated with COVID and applicants losing their planned for hours in those areas leaving them hanging.
1. Provide insight into this cycle's application pool nationally and at Creighton
2. Provide general feedback on the common application pitfalls
3. Describe resources and mitigation strategies
4. Suggest a plan for moving forward
5. Provide guidance on how to improve the various elements of your application (essays, AMCAS, letters of recommendation, etc.)
6. Describe ways to handle suboptimal GPA, MCAT scores, physician shadowing hours, and non-medical service experiences
7. Review effective interviewing strategies
8. Learn how to highlight your unique strengths
9. Offer approaches for non-traditional students
retro2021
Full Member
Haha compared to most it was encouraging and reassuring, but totally agree with you on that intro!same. that rejection email has got to be the worst ive gotten all cycle. Congrats if you got in! If not read on and prepare for the end
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R. They get points for being the most interesting R I've received, though tbh.
acceptme123
Full Member
I am assuming not since the building is not finished! They are doing a virtual second look day for admits at the end of april though.Does anyone know if they allow for tours of the Phoenix campus? Or if we are even allowed to enter the building and explore?
I'm visiting Phoenix in a few days and thought I might check it out. Thanks in advance!
viszlaking
Full Member
I believe there is not a 100 percent answer out there about this, but at my presentation they mentioned that they are MOVING towards students staying at whatever campus for the 4 yearsWith some students now spending all four years at the Phoenix campus, does anyone know if there will still be an option for Omaha students to complete their M3/M4 years in Phoenix?
I am assuming not since the building is not finished! They are doing a virtual second look day for admits at the end of april though.
Really? I was under the impression that it was already finished. Alright, thanks for the info.
I think the building will for sure be finished by the time students start school (late July early August?). Maybe it's done now but they just haven't figured out the division/logistics aspects of it since RN, PA, and Pharm students will also be using the building (I think?). Either way, I don't expect us to be able to tour the campus on 4/23.
kbarrin
Full Member
for everyone asking about the phoenix campus building, there's a construction cam that shows the live status of the building, which shows the exterior (mostly?) done but the interior not. also a video of the progression of the building progress over the last few months. pretty cool. link below.
dont ask me how i found this
healthsciences.creighton.edu
dont ask me how i found this
Creighton in Phoenix
Study at Creighton in Phoenix, where healthcare innovation, clinical excellence and service meet to shape Arizona’s future providers.
doctortall2017
Full Member
Is it normal for your post-interview message to disappear before the acceptance decision? I am expecting a decision this Monday.
Yes, that happens to everyone. Good luck 🙂Is it normal for your post-interview message to disappear before the acceptance decision? I am expecting a decision this Monday.
Thanks for the reply!I think the building will for sure be finished by the time students start school (late July early August?). Maybe it's done now but they just haven't figured out the division/logistics aspects of it since RN, PA, and Pharm students will also be using the building (I think?). Either way, I don't expect us to be able to tour the campus on 4/23.
Mine is gone too, good luck my friend. I commented last week to you because neither of us got a decision.Is it normal for your post-interview message to disappear before the acceptance decision? I am expecting a decision this Monday.
doctortall2017
Full Member
We got this!!! No matter what the result is, We must remain very proud of your achievements.Mine is gone too, good luck my friend. I commented last week to you because neither of us got a decision.
Interviewed Feb 25, A today.Does anyone know if second look day is only offered to admitted students?
acceptme123
Full Member
Yes I believe so.Does anyone know if second look day is only offered to admitted students?
Interviewed the week of 2/15, got accepted today. First A of the cycle, so relieved and happy (conditional acceptance due to not having physiology). Sent a letter of intent very soon following my interview. I really don't know what it was about my application, but I applied to 3 jesuit schools and got interviews at 2 of them despite only having 150 hours of nonclinical volunteering.
3.98/516, ORM. LM and WARS 75.
3.98/516, ORM. LM and WARS 75.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctortall2017
Full Member
Yay!!! Got accepted as well!!! I am so happy for you!!Interviewed the week of 2/15, got accepted today. First A of the cycle, so relieved and happy (conditional acceptance due to not having physiology). Sent a letter of intent very soon following my interview. I really don't know what it was about my application, but I applied to 3 jesuit schools and got interviews at 2 of them despite only having 150 hours of nonclinical volunteering.
3.98/516, ORM. LM and WARS 75.
justinbieberfan
Full Member
Has anyone gotten a financial aid package from Creighton yet?
acceptme123
Full Member
Not yetHas anyone gotten a financial aid package from Creighton yet?
Congrats, how were your stats, MCAT and GPA?Interviewed Feb 25, A today.
You will have to move fast, if they are full, beg the instructor to take one more! Some July acceptances may come from those that do not get it in.Interviewed the week of 2/15, got accepted today. First A of the cycle, so relieved and happy (conditional acceptance due to not having physiology). Sent a letter of intent very soon following my interview. I really don't know what it was about my application, but I applied to 3 jesuit schools and got interviews at 2 of them despite only having 150 hours of nonclinical volunteering.
3.98/516, ORM. LM and WARS 75.
Presuming you don't need the lab.
Home / Courses And Programs / Human Physiology
3/29/2021 - 6/14/2021
extensioncanvas.ucsd.edu
I was actually recommended that class by Ryan. That is the one I’m planning on taking, signing up today. I emailed UCSD earlier and they said they have a lot of slots for that class so I’m hoping there is spaceYou will have to move fast, if they are full, beg the instructor to take one more! Some July acceptances may come from those that do not get it in.
Presuming you don't need the lab.
Home / Courses And Programs / Human Physiology
3/29/2021 - 6/14/2021
extensioncanvas.ucsd.edu
edit: just signed up, looks like there is still space if anybody else is looking to sign up as well
Last edited:
This is a great class! I took it online last yearI was actually recommended that class by Ryan. That is the one I’m planning on taking, signing up today. I emailed UCSD earlier and they said they have a lot of slots for that class so I’m hoping there is space
edit: just signed up, looks like there is still space if anybody else is looking to sign up as well
viszlaking
Full Member
hey! i am taking it and was wondering if you could speak to the workload? Also does creighton accept it as pass/fail, if you know?This is a great class! I took it online last year
"Statistically" speaking you should have more acceptances but i'm not an "_Analyst" ... 😉 congrats on the "A""
I mirror Ultravox, congrats on the "A" it only takes 1! Statistically is rough, your MCAT and GPA are very strong. Some Adcoms though will average all MCATs taken, enought tutoring and multiple exams most will improve and Adcom asses first time takers against multiple takers. They also assess the rigor of the GPA. EG. was Biochem, Orgo 1 & 2 taken at the undergrad institution or online or a JUCO, premed advisors recommend those classes be taken at the undergrad institution. The rigor of the GPA, EG were undergrads in Neuroscience have an average ACT of 24 or 31 at the undergrad institution to compare apples to apples, did the undergrad institution give A- grades or inflate a 91 in Anatomy 3.66 to a 4.0 only giving a raw letter grade etc. The stats are a staring point to put everyone on a level field. Creighton does a great job at this link showing their scoring criteria I (creighton.edu). 150 volunteer hours is a bit light, about 20 Saturdays over 4 years, but hey if you are working as and EMT, CNA, Pharmacy Assistant, Lab tech, and if it is the difference in eating Ramen Noodles 6 times a week volunteering or going to a paid job with clinical contact and eating Ramen noodles 2 times a week they get it through the holistic review. Most Adcoms have migrated to. ii's are very hard to come by in this cycle, and acceptances even harder given more candidates accept virtual interviews they may have declined if having the expense and time of travel under normal circumstance thus way more competitive this year. You nailed it with Creighton and your App must have been strong in totality. Good job you are going to be a doc. we are very happy for you! You rocked it!
Last edited:
How soon after interviewing is it recommended that we send a letter of intent or update?
I (creighton.edu)
If you have updates related to the following assessment criteria posted on the Creighton Med website you may want to send well before you go to committee. Best of luck!How soon after interviewing is it recommended that we send a letter of intent or update?
Criteria Assessment Method Assessed During Screening Interview Committee: Scholastic Ability and Prerequisites Transcript X GPA (trends, grades) X MCAT X Motivation/Intellectual Curiosity Health care work X Shadowing X Research X Written Communication X Verbal Communication X Community Service Direct service X Consistent ongoing service X Emotional Maturity/ Honesty/Integrity Leadership experiences X Teamwork experiences X Letters of Recommendation X Institutional action X Felonies & misdemeanors X Military discharge category X
Hello my r/premed friend!"Statistically" speaking you should have more acceptances but i'm not an "_Analyst" ... 😉 congrats on the A doc
Does anyone know the match data for this year?
D
deleted1012224
There doesn't appear to be a list with specific program/specialty info yet, but this article pretty much summarizes their match results!Does anyone know the match data for this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who paid a deposit and then withdrew acceptance—how long did it take to get your $100 deposit back? was it just refunded to your card?
Withdrew my acceptance today! I hope it goes to someone down the line.For those of you who paid a deposit and then withdrew acceptance—how long did it take to get your $100 deposit back? was it just refunded to your card?
In the email they sent back they said it would be refunded in about three weeks and sent to my house (so I’m assuming a check).
The Financial Aid awards for incoming M1 students should be going out in the next week. Creighton has awarded all the scholarships for incoming students at this time. At Creighton, the majority of the scholarships are awarded to third and fourth year medical students.has anyone received a financial packet yet?