2021-2022 Creighton

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also interested if people receiving their aid package got it because they filled out FAFSA... because I have not filled it out yet. Also, what website would you see your financial aid package on?
I think if you haven't filled out FAFSA you might be kinda screwed - most schools have a deadline of March 1 to fill it out
 
Oh my, I somehow dropped the ball on that... Can anyone tell me the first steps in completing this? Like do I just go to the general FAFSA website?
Yes, just go to the FAFSA website and fill out the form. For the school to send it to, the school code is on Creighton’s med school financial aid website
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who's accepted but on the campus change waitlist to Phoenix been moved yet? Does anyone know when they typically start moving people?
 
May I ask why you switched from Phoenix to Omaha? I feel like most people would do the opposite of that.
Mostly just location preference. Really want to live in the Midwest, not much desire to live in a city like Phoenix. I realize I'm probably in the minority with that opinion though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mostly just location preference. Really want to live in the Midwest, not much desire to live in a city like Phoenix. I realize I'm probably in the minority with that opinion though.
Can you mind explaining why you prefer the Midwest over Phoenix? I would love to hear your viewpoints, as I also am confused as which campus to decide. I initially thought Phoenix would be better, but I recently visited and was not a big fan of the city itself.
 
Can you mind explaining why you prefer the Midwest over Phoenix? I would love to hear your viewpoints, as I also am confused as which campus to decide. I initially thought Phoenix would be better, but I recently visited and was not a big fan of the city itself.
Yeah I've just never liked big cities. Too many people, traffic is horrible, and COL is dreadful compared to places like the Midwest. I can rent a home with a nice yard for a cheaper price than renting a one bedroom apartment in a city like Phoenix. I grew up in a smaller town and really want to end up in a rural area, so Nebraska felt like a better fit for me and my family. Oh yeah and Phoenix is wayyy too hot. I much prefer the cold weather with snow over blazing hot to the point that you can't even go outside.
 
Yeah I've just never liked big cities. Too many people, traffic is horrible, and COL is dreadful compared to places like the Midwest. I can rent a home with a nice yard for a cheaper price than renting a one bedroom apartment in a city like Phoenix. I grew up in a smaller town and really want to end up in a rural area, so Nebraska felt like a better fit for me and my family. Oh yeah and Phoenix is wayyy too hot. I much prefer the cold weather with snow over blazing hot to the point that you can't even go outside.
i think the heat alone would deter me away, its like 100F+ for too many months
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad