2021-2022 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they going to be sending out Rs during the next round of WL movement for those on the WL? Or are they just going to keep us on their until the end of the cycle of you aren’t accepted? Anyone know?
Also curious about this if anyone knows. Wonder if we will see some WL movement this week after 4/15 as well

Also curious about this if anyone knows. Wonder if we will see some WL movement this week after 4/15 as well
Candidates matriculate off the wait list up to the day before classes commence. No r"s to waitlist candidates. First cut down to 3 schools for those incredibly lucky enough to have multiple acceptances drives movement on mid tier schools' waitlist. Final decision day down to 1 drives more movement for those giving up second choice seats. If candidates are set with a first choice acceptance they give up seats in second choice schools earlier than forced to as a classy move. The waiting stinks for those with i's but no a's. But part of process. To even get a waitlist is a huge accomplishment and still in the game.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my financial aid packet through email

Just got my financial aid package as well—will be withdrawing from the Phoenix campus! Hoping to free up some spots for those on the WL :)

Reactions: 7 users
Also interested if people receiving their aid package got it because they filled out FAFSA... because I have not filled it out yet. Also, what website would you see your financial aid package on?
You have to fill out FAFSA to get an aid package

Also interested if people receiving their aid package got it because they filled out FAFSA... because I have not filled it out yet. Also, what website would you see your financial aid package on?
I think if you haven't filled out FAFSA you might be kinda screwed - most schools have a deadline of March 1 to fill it out

I think if you haven't filled out FAFSA you might be kinda screwed - most schools have a deadline of March 1 to fill it out
I’ve found they don’t enforce the deadline too closely for medical schools as much as they did for undergrad

Oh my, I somehow dropped the ball on that... Can anyone tell me the first steps in completing this? Like do I just go to the general FAFSA website?
Yes, just go to the FAFSA website and fill out the form. For the school to send it to, the school code is on Creighton’s med school financial aid website

Withdrew my A. Best of luck to the rest of you I hope it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who's accepted but on the campus change waitlist to Phoenix been moved yet? Does anyone know when they typically start moving people?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who's accepted but on the campus change waitlist to Phoenix been moved yet? Does anyone know when they typically start moving people?
I called them last week about this and they said they anticipate finalizing this by early May…staying hopeful too

• Care
Just send an email to the admission office to officially withdraw my A. Best of luck to the rest of you I hope it goes to one of you soon!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else not gotten their award letter after submitting their fafsa awhile ago?

Just withdrew my A from the Phoenix campus. Best of luck to you guys on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
May I ask why you switched from Phoenix to Omaha? I feel like most people would do the opposite of that.
Mostly just location preference. Really want to live in the Midwest, not much desire to live in a city like Phoenix. I realize I'm probably in the minority with that opinion though.

Just withdrew my Omaha acceptance. Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew from Phoenix. Sending good vibes to everyone as May 2nd and WL movement approaches!

Reactions: 2 users
Mostly just location preference. Really want to live in the Midwest, not much desire to live in a city like Phoenix. I realize I'm probably in the minority with that opinion though.
Can you mind explaining why you prefer the Midwest over Phoenix? I would love to hear your viewpoints, as I also am confused as which campus to decide. I initially thought Phoenix would be better, but I recently visited and was not a big fan of the city itself.

Can you mind explaining why you prefer the Midwest over Phoenix? I would love to hear your viewpoints, as I also am confused as which campus to decide. I initially thought Phoenix would be better, but I recently visited and was not a big fan of the city itself.
Yeah I've just never liked big cities. Too many people, traffic is horrible, and COL is dreadful compared to places like the Midwest. I can rent a home with a nice yard for a cheaper price than renting a one bedroom apartment in a city like Phoenix. I grew up in a smaller town and really want to end up in a rural area, so Nebraska felt like a better fit for me and my family. Oh yeah and Phoenix is wayyy too hot. I much prefer the cold weather with snow over blazing hot to the point that you can't even go outside.

Withdrew A for Omaha on Friday, hope it goes to one of y’all!

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I've just never liked big cities. Too many people, traffic is horrible, and COL is dreadful compared to places like the Midwest. I can rent a home with a nice yard for a cheaper price than renting a one bedroom apartment in a city like Phoenix. I grew up in a smaller town and really want to end up in a rural area, so Nebraska felt like a better fit for me and my family. Oh yeah and Phoenix is wayyy too hot. I much prefer the cold weather with snow over blazing hot to the point that you can't even go outside.
i think the heat alone would deter me away, its like 100F+ for too many months

Anyone also on the alt list know when we may hear about getting the potential A after some WL movement?

Does anyone know if the Plan to Enroll is required for Creighton?

Does anyone know if the Plan to Enroll is required for Creighton?
Called admissions this morning, and they told me this is required. Interesting since the website only says "highly recommended", and MSAR has no indication that this is required.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance from the Phoenix campus, good luck to you all!

I just sent a withdrawal email to the admission committee. Good luck to everyone. CSOM, in my opinion, is the best medical school, and I really wish I could attend the school if I were at a different life stage.

Reactions: 4 users
I just got off the waitlist for another school, so I will be withdrawing my acceptance from the Phoenix campus. What are the steps to do so?

I just got off the waitlist for another school, so I will be withdrawing my acceptance from the Phoenix campus. What are the steps to do so?
Congrats on the A!! I sent a short message to the admissions email and they replied later that day.

anyone see any portal changes or heard of any As today?

anyone see any portal changes or heard of any As today?
I was wondering the same thing. The email they sent out on the 2nd said they would start accepting ppl off the alternate list today but then later in that same email made it sound like they would not.

Anyones portal update and their waitlist message disappear?

The important question now is did anyone's not disappear?

The “A decision has been made on your application. Click to review your next steps.” Is gone correct? Or under the check status link?

The “A decision has been made on your application. Click to review your next steps.” Is gone correct? Or under the check status link?
usually for people who are getting an A, the decision has been made is removed till the next day where they see an A