You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted964256
Did they tell you when they would give decisions?
Possibly October 15th, though it is cutting it close. If not, then it would be November 15th as they are currently releasing monthly decisions.
Anyone interviewing tomorrow and still not have their interviewers' names listed on the portal?
Personally I did not have my interviewers info until the morning of.
Finished my interview today. The faculty and student interviewers were both great, my experience was definitely relaxed, as far as interviews go. I came out of the interview with much more interest than I had going in.
Good luck to everyone!
Thank you for the info!! I’m an excited ball of nerves for my interview tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when we should expect to hear back regarding decisions after interviewing?
I believe December, although I am not certain.Anyone know when we should expect to hear back regarding decisions after interviewing?
moose on the loose
New Member
II! Complete 8/29.
LM 74 ORM IS
LM 74 ORM IS
Thank you!! Submitted 7/16, complete with CASPer 7/30, 3.83 cGPA, 3.73 sGPA, 513, OOS, ORMCongrats ! -- My junk folder is shining like a whistle 😉
When were you complete ? Stats ?
Put on hold. Complete 7/21
How do you know if you’re on hold?Put on hold. Complete 7/21
They sent me an email.How do you know if you’re on hold?
Just got an R from Drexel. Complete 7/21.
Best of luck to the rest of you!
Best of luck to the rest of you!
Ha I guess, but not gonna put too much hope on getting off the hold list.Congrats !
They've at least seen your app. Hold is better than a hammeR
They said a day or so before. My interview is on Tuesday and I have not heard anything yet.How far ahead are you informed of who your interviewer is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
Removed 982794
anyone complete in August heard back?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
complete mid August, OOS but ties to PA, nothing on my end!
D
deleted785419
When did it come inReceived R. I thought being silent was better than being on holding but I was wrong. Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1072929
Sorry to hear. When did you complete?Received R. I thought being silent was better than being on holding but I was wrong. Good luck everyone!
SirxArfsAlot
Full Member
I was complete 7/29 and haven't heard anythinganyone complete in August heard back?
Aww I’m sorry fam,but hopefully, an II is coming your way soon! I think a good way of thinking about rejections (stolen from Reddit) is to think of rejections as a redirection in that the school has realized that you and them wouldn't necessarily fit and that they couldn't help you; thereby helping to draw you towards the schools where you'll fit/belong.Received R. I thought being silent was better than being on holding but I was wrong. Good luck everyone!
Good luck to you!
Are faculty interviews and student interviews each 45 min? Do they still have the essay portion?
Faculty was about 30-35 minutes for me, and student interview was also the same. They do not have the essay portion for this cycle.
battlegods18
Full Member
I just got an email saying I was put on hold as well. Completed in mid August. OOS, URM
R
Removed 982794
Reading through last years thread it seems like August people weren’t review until January. Is that a fair assumption? Seems like a death sentence for me to have been complete end of August
D
deleted1053887
Um, did anyone get an email from Drexel about their virtual Open House Fall series that say "your application has been submitted"? But I never submitted my primary app to here? Are they telling me to apply/donate my money to them? XD
D
deleted785419
Yea I got it (I applied in July) I’m confused bc I haven’t heard about II/R/hold so what’s the deal?
D
deleted785419
Did anyone who received a hold or R receive the invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted785419
Basically I can’t imagine them sending this **** to ppl they don’t intend to II. But the kid who got it without even applying makes this feel kinda dubious.Yea I got it (I applied in July) I’m confused bc I haven’t heard about II/R/hold so what’s the deal?
D
deleted1053887
I am that kid lol. Here's what the email said:
"We are back with the Fall Virtual Open House Series! The dates for the event are listed below and will always begin at 6pm EST. Your application is submitted and we would love for you to come learn more about our program! We will explore topics on some of our clinical affiliates, misconceptions of the application process, information about our new campus in Reading, PA, and a Q&A session! We hope to see you there!
There are only a select number of spots available for each date, so sign up today!
REGISTER HERE! https://forms.gle/dLhreBphMZ1aQ2Kh7
If you can't make it to one date don't worry! We will have more open houses to connect with you this Fall! Here are the dates below!
October 8, 2020
October 15, 2020
October 22, 2020
October 29, 2020
November 5, 2020
Best,
Admissions Team
Drexel University College of Medicine
"
"We are back with the Fall Virtual Open House Series! The dates for the event are listed below and will always begin at 6pm EST. Your application is submitted and we would love for you to come learn more about our program! We will explore topics on some of our clinical affiliates, misconceptions of the application process, information about our new campus in Reading, PA, and a Q&A session! We hope to see you there!
There are only a select number of spots available for each date, so sign up today!
REGISTER HERE! https://forms.gle/dLhreBphMZ1aQ2Kh7
If you can't make it to one date don't worry! We will have more open houses to connect with you this Fall! Here are the dates below!
October 8, 2020
October 15, 2020
October 22, 2020
October 29, 2020
November 5, 2020
Best,
Admissions Team
Drexel University College of Medicine
"
D
deleted785419
Ok that makes more sense. Logically they would only send it to ppl they are Interested in.I received the same email but I got an II last week
D
deleted1072929
did not receive that email and haven't heard back after applying in late July...does not seem like a good signOk that makes more sense. Logically they would only send it to ppl they are Interested in.
D
deleted785419
I mean nothing confirmed we’re just speculatingdid not receive that email and haven't heard back after applying in late July...does not seem like a good sign
D
deleted1053887
Lmao if that is so, maybe I should send them my primary for an interview.I received the same email but I got an II last week
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
Those who have already interviewed, when did you get the email regarding specific times and such about the interview, interviewer, Zoom Link, etc. My interview is tomorrow, but have not received anything other than the generic information available through the portal. Thanks!
tunaktunak
Full Member
Anyone know when DUCOM releases their first round of acceptances? October 15th? Later?
Those who have already interviewed, when did you get the email regarding specific times and such about the interview, interviewer, Zoom Link, etc. My interview is tomorrow, but have not received anything other than the generic information available through the portal. Thanks!
I actually got my specific time/interviewer during the late afternoon, Pacific Time. Though this may vary because I've heard someone else said theirs was updated on the morning of their interview. Good luck! 🙂
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
I actually got my specific time/interviewer during the late afternoon, Pacific Time. Though this may vary because I've heard someone else said theirs was updated on the morning of their interview. Good luck! 🙂
Thank you!
Basically I can’t imagine them sending this **** to ppl they don’t intend to II. But the kid who got it without even applying makes this feel kinda dubious.
They sent me an invite and I was put on hold a month ago... seems pretty sketchy
Idk if anyones checked the portal today, but an update was posted in the status section with decision release dates for interviewed applicants. I haven't gotten an interview, so I'm assuming it'll show up for everyone.
D
deleted785419
Anyone just get ANOTHER drexel open house email? Wtf is this tease? I got one yday
D
deleted785419
Same. No II/hold. Literally I got the same email yesterday???? Why are they playing with my mental health like thisgot one today for the first time, I haven’t gotten an II/hold or anything from them so I don’t get the point of this
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my II last week and haven’t gotten any open house emails, if that helps anyone informationally 🙂Anyone just get ANOTHER drexel open house email? Wtf is this tease? I got one yday
D
deleted897300
when will decisions come out
when will decisions come out
D
deleted1040408
where did you find that?
It’s in the portal in the status tab.where did you find that?