2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drexel does not accept updates unless you have been waitlisted or deferred
Copied from their websites, pretty sure you're incorrect, unless I'm missing something

Applicants may send a total of three updates through our application system. Go to our website for applicants at Amp and enter your login credentials. Select the "Status" tab and then the "Document Upload/Status" option on the left. You may upload one of each of the following items: transcripts, resume/CV and an update letter. Once these items are uploaded, they may not be updated. The file should be a pdf and under 8mb in size.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know what I get to be punted to the bottom of their review pile, but I'd like to undo it, lol? Complete 7/17 and no word on hold, II, etc. and starting to feel like the only one.
We were complete around the same time, send an update to bring your name back up to the top!
 
I want to write an update letter before decisions about acceptances / waitlists are released. Does anyone know if this would be helpful (hoping that they haven’t reviewed app yet but it might be too late)?
 
I know this is a question with an obvious answer, but the time for the interview is EST correct? So it'll start around 8:30 AM EST.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They’re still on July D: I feel like I won’t hear back till next year at this pace
 
On hold 🙁 complete 9/3. Thoughts on chances of getting an II after a hold? This was one of my top choices so I'm bummed.

Sorry to hear that. I got the hold today too. I think historically, chances of an II after a hold here are pretty slim unfortunately. But...I mean it's not a straight R so you never know. We're all in this together and you'll get love elsewhere though!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Reactions: km3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it's worth sending an update letter with only 9 days till they release the first wave of decisions? I interviewed 9/15 so am expecting some news next week and don't know if sending an update letter would help at this point or if I should wait to see if I'm waitlisted/deferred first.
 
Do you think it's worth sending an update letter with only 9 days till they release the first wave of decisions? I interviewed 9/15 so am expecting some news next week and don't know if sending an update letter would help at this point or if I should wait to see if I'm waitlisted/deferred first.

imo decisions are already made for the 9/15 group so idk if it’ll help too much atp
 
hey y’all! I’m a current DPMS student who will hopefully be matriculating into DUCOM next year with some of you lovely people. I just wanted to pass along some positivity for those who interviewed with Dr. Jameson.
In class today, he had great things to say about some of the applicants he’s interviewed. He didn’t share specific details of course, but seemed very impressed with the accomplishments he’s seen. Fingers crossed that you all have a great application cycle and I’ll get a chance to meet a few of you next year!
 
Are there any current Drexel medical students that would be willing to talk about the school? In particular, why they chose Drexel, what they like/dislike about it, and if they feel the curriculum is effective given that it's mostly self-directed (aside from cases).
 
For anyone that has interviewed, was it two interviews: one with an admissions member and a group interview with a med student and another applicant? Also how was it?
 
For anyone that has interviewed, was it two interviews: one with an admissions member and a group interview with a med student and another applicant? Also how was it?
It was pretty conversational. It’s one with an admissions memeber and the group interview with a Drexel student and another interviewee. The student interview is very chill. The one-on-one had classic interview questions, nothing crazy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad