You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
Agreed. I got an II, but never got an open house email hahaI don't think the open house emails mean anything lol. I used 2 different emails: 1 for MCAT registration and 1 for AMCAS application. Only got the email to the email I used for my MCAT registration. Probably just promotion
II this morning in my spam box. I encourage everybody to check today if you haven't already. OOS ORM LM 68-72. Complete 7/16. Available dates were starting in Nov.
YoloSwagCats
Full Member
Has anyone interviewed here yet? If so, can you share feedback/advice on what to expect?
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
Has anyone interviewed here yet? If so, can you share feedback/advice on what to expect?
I interviewed a couple of days ago. It was very relaxed and low-stress. They do a great job of helping students feel at ease! There will be an information session, a group interview with you, a couple of other applicants, and a current medical student, then you will have a 1-on-1 interview with a faculty member. The experience was great and the program looks amazing! Best of luck!
D
deleted897300
my boyfriend's ex did! she told me my bf it was suuuper chill and fastHas anyone interviewed here yet? If so, can you share feedback/advice on what to expect?
D
deleted785419
R yday
D
deleted785419
I got juked
D
deleted1072929
sorry to hear. when did you complete?R yday
D
deleted785419
7/30sorry to hear. when did you complete?
Has this school not gotten to September completion dates yet?
I was complete 10/3 and got an II 10/5, so I don't think they necessarily review them chronologically.Has this school not gotten to September completion dates yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
Put on hold. Complete 07/25. OOS, ORM, non-trad, 3.93/511 (124 CARS)
eat eez what eat eez
eat eez what eat eez
D
deleted1040408
Put on hold. Complete 07/25. OOS, ORM, non-trad, 3.93/511 (124 CARS)
eat eez what eat eez
your sciences must be crazy high with 124 CARS, but overall 511
your sciences must be crazy high with 124 CARS, but overall 511
I mean, they’d have to average 129 lol
To yall who interviewed, did you find the SDN interview feedback questions useful? I've been finding they're pretty outdated for a lot of schools and wasn't sure if it's worth our time to prep for them
I actually had an interviewer who asked a few from the most recent (and more peculiar) questions posted on there, word-for-word. It was helpful for me in this instance, so it wouldn't hurt to look through them. Hope you still find this helpful!
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Where can you find the doc with the interview feedback questions?
Nontraddddds
Full Member
They dont review apps chronologically for highly desired candidates like yourself. I saw your stats. Holy moly. Congrats! But I think for us mortals, schools do seem to go by completion date.I was complete 10/3 and got an II 10/5, so I don't think they necessarily review them chronologically.
AnythingButCARS
Full Member
II this morning in my spam box. I encourage everybody to check today if you haven't already. OOS ORM LM 68-72. Complete 7/16. Available dates were starting in Nov.
Yeah I wasn't checking spam and just checked right now. I got an II 10/05, but didn't sign up until today.
AnythingButCARS
Full Member
II - 10/05 (didnt see it until today, oops)
OOS, ORM, LM 71.4 (unbalanced 515 MCAT - low CARS 124)
OOS, ORM, LM 71.4 (unbalanced 515 MCAT - low CARS 124)
II - 10/05 (didnt see it until today, oops)
OOS, ORM, LM 71.4 (unbalanced 515 MCAT - low CARS 124)
Does it indicate that you got an II on your portal?
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Complete date? If you don't mindII - 10/05 (didnt see it until today, oops)
OOS, ORM, LM 71.4 (unbalanced 515 MCAT - low CARS 124)
I found this to be a bit of comedic relief - I logged onto the portal from last year and they updated my stuff to this year's acceptance letter. Hoping y'all all hear back with the news you want 🙂 Best of luck
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Wait so I’m confused you got in? I thought you couldn’t hear back until the 15th?
I got in last year haha. I still have access to my portal from then and they updated the acceptance letter to this year's version.Wait so I’m confused you got in? I thought you couldn’t hear back until the 15th?
D
deleted1040408
did you end up choosing Drexel? If not, do you mind me asking why not?I got in last year haha. I still have access to my portal from then and they updated the acceptance letter to this year's version.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnythingButCARS
Full Member
Complete date? If you don't mind
My bad, I should've included it in the first post. Complete 7/17 and II 10/05.
I didn'tdid you end up choosing Drexel? If not, do you mind me asking why not?
Not sure I ever posted one of these so...
Drexel pros cons 18 month preclinical in house exams that are supposedly NBME like but I'm not sure how similar to step they are flipped classroom (pro or con?) lost Hahnemann and don't have any fantastic academic medical centers anymore (hard to get letters from Chairs of departments if they don't have that) and no home residency programs anymore. You're going to spread out throughout PA for clerkships location is close enough to Philly to have stuff to do no google drive with information like a lot of other schools have P/F preclinical curriculum Anatomy lab is dungeon-like in the basement. Other facilities at medical school are eh the large class size that's broken into houses so you get time to meet people which is nice but the huge class size could be a con You're "given" (aka pay for) and Ipad to take exams on and honestly, I think a PC or MacBook would be better but this could be a pro if you already have a PC/MacBook they claim to not rank students but you're ranked in the MSPE with adjectives (which is apparently about as bad as being ranked in quartiles since the adjectives mean certain things) things seem up in the air with Hahnemann closed - they're opening a campus in Reading (for all 4 years after saying they weren't? edit: This could be a miscommunication but the lack of transparency scares me) Other people in academic medicine in the area are worried about the future and have warned me not to go there (alumni, a faculty member who teaches there, an md/phd at another Philly school) students don't seem v happy and when asked why they went there they said it was the only school they got into (which is also fair bc 50% of matriculants only get into one school but I've yet to meet someone that chose Drexel over another MD school) tuition is high (close to 60k) and housing isn't cheap, esp if you decide to live in center city
many of my friends who are current M3s at Drexel aren't happy and are worried about not having home programs - I had heard enough chit-chat from some professors, students, and esteemed faculty in the Philadelphia area that I was told, "Drexel is at the bottom of your list now." It's a great school with some flaws and issues to iron out right now. I didn't love the building or the flipped classroom model. I didn't want to have to move around the state for clerkships or not be in Philadelphia. Ultimately, I chose to go elsewhere because it fit with my long term goals better.
Pandaland
Full Member
II - 10/05 (didnt see it until today, oops)
OOS, ORM, LM 71.4 (unbalanced 515 MCAT - low CARS 124)
II this morning in my spam box. I encourage everybody to check today if you haven't already. OOS ORM LM 68-72. Complete 7/16. Available dates were starting in Nov.
congrats on your interviews !!
May I ask: for the secondary essay, did you use it as a space to describe "Why drexel"
I'm also OOS ORM so I'm wondering if I should use that essay to explain why I'm applying or if I can go ahead and write a COVID Impact essay.
congrats on your interviews !!
May I ask: for the secondary essay, did you use it as a space to describe "Why drexel"
I'm also OOS ORM so I'm wondering if I should use that essay to explain why I'm applying or if I can go ahead and write a COVID Impact essay.
Thank you! I left that space blank.
II!! LM 70, Complete 7/16, OOS
AnythingButCARS
Full Member
congrats on your interviews !!
May I ask: for the secondary essay, did you use it as a space to describe "Why drexel"
I'm also OOS ORM so I'm wondering if I should use that essay to explain why I'm applying or if I can go ahead and write a COVID Impact essay.
I just talked about the impact the pandemic had on me in 6 sentences or so.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
You give me hope with the complete date haha, Congrats!II!! LM 70, Complete 7/16, OOS
You give me hope with the complete date haha, Congrats!
So much silence. So much alprazolam.
R
Removed 982794
ughhh are they going in order? and they are still in July 🙁
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
Anyone think we’re getting the call/email today about acceptances ? I can’t stop checking my email
I doubt it. They said October 21 is the first day we can hear back.
Ohhhh interesting. In my interview I could have sworn they said October 15thI doubt it. They said October 21 is the first day we can hear back.
abcsunshine
Full Member
On the portal I believe it says Oct. 29Ohhhh interesting. In my interview I could have sworn they said October 15th
PermanentDmg
Full Member
Yeah on my interview date, they told us either October 15h or November 15th. I just checked the portal and the next decision date is October 29th (followed by November 19th).
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
Yeah on my interview date, they told us either October 15h or November 15th. I just checked the portal and the next decision date is October 29th (followed by November 19th).
Ya I saw that too! Here is a screenshot of the portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I recently started my scribe job, would it help to send an update on Drexel's portal (probably by adding a new resume that includes the job)? I know I mentioned having gotten the position and planning to scribe back when I submitted my secondary, but I haven't yet said that I have actually started my job
If I recently started my scribe job, would it help to send an update on Drexel's portal (probably by adding a new resume that includes the job)? I know I mentioned having gotten the position and planning to scribe back when I submitted my secondary, but I haven't yet said that I have actually started my job
Im wondering this too
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
I would write an update letter once you have some substantial experience with it, and then try to that into why you want to attend drexel. That's what my advisor told me to do because you get to hit two birds with one stone, kind of a letter of interest (not intent) but also showing off new experiences and how that makes you an even better fit for them. (I've done it to several schools (working on doing more) and gotten 3 II's from them, but whether its correlation/causation I have no clue) I also submitted in primary in May and couldn't fit my summer job/new job this fall into most secondaries, so I had a lot to say. but this is simply my n=1 opinion/experience, some people may feel strongly the other wayIm wondering this too
drexel does not accept updates unless you have been waitlisted or deferredIf I recently started my scribe job, would it help to send an update on Drexel's portal (probably by adding a new resume that includes the job)? I know I mentioned having gotten the position and planning to scribe back when I submitted my secondary, but I haven't yet said that I have actually started my job