2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do the hold emails come before II's (sorry if that's a dumb question, what does the hold entail)? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary/when my app was complete 🙁

The hold would come before II, and they email you about it saying that they're putting a hold on considering your application for now...people ask because at Drexel it's pretty uncommon to get off the hold list. 🙁

But, if you haven't gotten a hold, you're still in the running!
 
The hold would come before II, and they email you about it saying that they're putting a hold on considering your application for now...people ask because at Drexel it's pretty uncommon to get off the hold list. 🙁

But, if you haven't gotten a hold, you're still in the running!
Thank you so much for clarifying! Is there an algorithm for holds or is just random chance?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Drexel give post-II R's? Or is it only WL's and A's (and I guess deferred statuses)?
 
I am honestly having a really hard time choosing a medical school. Drexel is closest to my fiance and family support/ I have a few friends in Drexel already. However reading online, I have seen ALOT of negative press bc of the hospital closing. That being said there is a bunch of support on the other side saying the media is blowing things way out of proportion... I just want all fields of medicine to be an open door, I want research/ unique community service projects, and a good supportive faculty, as well as a for sure spot for residency (I am not particularly interested in ending up at Reading). Also I would like my clinical rotations to be do-able and not feel like I am missing out on anything. I have read some specialities are not accredited at Reading. Could an M4 or someone that has had an actual experience at Drexel please help me decide. My other options are Rush and Loyola, however Drexel's history really has a special place in my heart.
 
I am honestly having a really hard time choosing a medical school. Drexel is closest to my fiance and family support/ I have a few friends in Drexel already. However reading online, I have seen ALOT of negative press bc of the hospital closing. That being said there is a bunch of support on the other side saying the media is blowing things way out of proportion... I just want all fields of medicine to be an open door, I want research/ unique community service projects, and a good supportive faculty, as well as a for sure spot for residency (I am not particularly interested in ending up at Reading). Also I would like my clinical rotations to be do-able and not feel like I am missing out on anything. I have read some specialities are not accredited at Reading. Could an M4 or someone that has had an actual experience at Drexel please help me decide. My other options are Rush and Loyola, however Drexel's history really has a special place in my heart.
Not m4, but I heard two things 1) Drexel has a strong negative bias on sdn, but it’s a solid school with good connections in philly (can be beneficial if you want to stay in northeast for residency) 2) Drexel recently made a new contract with another hospital I heard? This one might be inaccurate because I didn’t confirm personally. Congratulations by the way, excellent schools!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad