-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got waitlisted
Also got waitlisted from deferred!
If you're willing to share, when did y'all interview?Waitlisted.
+1. adcom looks to have had a busy mondaywaitlisted, interviewed oct, deferred in nov.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted as well. It’s very frustrating to us deferred applicants because if you know at the time of review you are ultimately going to WL THEN DO IT THEN!! It’s disrespectful to us applicants. I apologize for this post but it’s just very very frustrating.
If you're willing to share, when did y'all interview?
I interviewed in October and got deferred in November. Wished they didn’t strung us along like that lol
Are they done interviewing :/
Waitlisted as well. It’s very frustrating to us deferred applicants because if you know at the time of review you are ultimately going to WL THEN DO IT THEN!! It’s disrespectful to us applicants. I apologize for this post but it’s just very very frustrating.
Right, I understand where you’re coming from! It seems like an overwhelming majority(?) of deferred applicants got WL, since I haven’t seen a single A on this thread. It’s just really disappointing because the last few years shown a bit of promise for those deferred but I suppose circumstances are different this year...
Going to keep on hoping that the WL movement is as dynamic as they say but I’m not banking on it...
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
Anyone from the 1/27 interview date hear back yet? About how long does it take to hear?
D
deleted964256
WL’d today interviewed late septemberIf you're willing to share, when did y'all interview?
Hi everyone, I was wondering if this school takes thank you letters? If so, do you send them to the admissions email address (I did not receive the emails for my faculty or student interviewers)?
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
I found my interviewer’s email online easily and emailed them directlyHi everyone, I was wondering if this school takes thank you letters? If so, do you send them to the admissions email address (I did not receive the emails for my faculty or student interviewers)?
Hey! They do. You can send them directly to admissions, IIRC, and they'll make sure it gets to the right place.Hi everyone, I was wondering if this school takes thank you letters? If so, do you send them to the admissions email address (I did not receive the emails for my faculty or student interviewers)?
Me too, we just have to be patient. I'm sure you'll hear good news soon!I interviewed in October and got deferred in November. Wished they didn’t strung us along like that lol
I wouldn't give up hope! I've heard that while schools may be interviewing more people, less people are turning down interviews because they don't have to travel and pay $$$ (among other reasons). If this is true, and assuming this year sees more people hold on to multiple A's, then that would mean very dynamic waitlist movement once CYMST requires people to narrow down to one A. Keep your head up- the cycle is far from over!Right, I understand where you’re coming from! It seems like an overwhelming majority(?) of deferred applicants got WL, since I haven’t seen a single A on this thread. It’s just really disappointing because the last few years shown a bit of promise for those deferred but I suppose circumstances are different this year...
Going to keep on hoping that the WL movement is as dynamic as they say but I’m not banking on it...
I'm curious if other people have heard/witnessed the same thing?
I'm curious if other people have heard/witnessed the same thing?
I can't say I've witnessed it, because this is my first cycle, but I've heard this as well. Interviewing costs nothing this year, so if you get an invite you might as well do it! (I also think that an increase in applications at any given school is likely attributable less to the "Fauci effect" than to people spending the money they would have spent traveling to IIs on additional apps) Like you said, I think that's going to translate into a dynamic waitlist. You have the "superstar" applicants holding more As than they'd have in any other year (because they interviewed more) but they can still only attend one school. So it's definitely not over until it's over.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. Do you know what happens now?Pre-II hold
Nontraddddds
Full Member
havent heard from drexel yet, no hold or anything
Same! Not sure if I'm just at the very bottom to be reviewed or if I am perfectly mediocre that they don't know what to do with me 😂havent heard from drexel yet, no hold or anything
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Same feeling lolSame! Not sure if I'm just at the very bottom to be reviewed or if I am perfectly mediocre that they don't know what to do with me 😂
+1Same feeling lol
n=1 but I know a peer who’s already been accepted but attended an interview for a school he has no intention of matriculating to because “why not?” In a normal cycle he’d probably have turned it down.I wouldn't give up hope! I've heard that while schools may be interviewing more people, less people are turning down interviews because they don't have to travel and pay $$$ (among other reasons). If this is true, and assuming this year sees more people hold on to multiple A's, then that would mean very dynamic waitlist movement once CYMST requires people to narrow down to one A. Keep your head up- the cycle is far from over!
I'm curious if other people have heard/witnessed the same thing?
Last edited:
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
This honestly makes me so mad, so many people are doing this. It is so unfair. I wonder if schools that a lot of people are doing this. If I had an acceptance to a school I was planning on going to, I would withdraw the rest of my apps. I know someone who already knows where they are going to school, they already have housing set up and everything, but they are attending every interview they get. 🤬 I feel like every school is interviewing, accepting and waitlisting all the same peoplen=1 but I know a peer who’s already been accepted but attended an interview for a school he has no intention of matriculating because “why not?” In a normal cycle he’d probably have turned it down.
I really respect the people that withdraw their II's, WL's, and A's from schools they have no intention of going to.
Last edited:
^I'm wondering the same thing, too. I guess we will see how April unfolds for many schools.This honestly makes me so mad, so many people are doing this. It is so unfair. I wonder if schools that a lot of people are doing this. If I had an acceptance to a school I was planning on going to, I would withdraw the rest of my apps. I know someone who already knows where they are going to school, they already have housing set up and everything, but they are attending every interview they get. 🤬 I feel like every school is interviewing, accepting and waitlisting all the same people
I understand if you want to interview at a school despite multiple acceptances because you have no clue where you'd like to attend. You never know if you end up falling in love with the school after interviewing with them. I mean, that is what second look traditionally was set up for, right? But if you legit already know where you want to go and are just doing it for reasons that only fulfill some level of curiosity, you are really doing a disserve to someone who genuinely wants to attend that school. It might be ranked in last place for you, but it might be someone's first choice.
I'm not saying that the folks who are doing this are robbing others of an opportunity because it's within their right to accept the interview (they've worked hard and earned it, after all), but this is a future fellow physician they'd essentially be making dreams come true indirectly. Doesn't the thought of such an awesome thing outweigh the curiosity? I just don't get it.
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
Yeah it is going to be an interesting end to the cycle. I totally get if you have no idea where you want to go despite multiple acceptances. I agree people totally have the right to accept the interview as they earned it. I just feel like this year with the virtual interviews, it is much easier for people to fulfill that curiosity because they do not have to pay to go but if it was in person they would think twice. I don't get it either maybe I would if I was in that situation^I'm wondering the same thing, too. I guess we will see how April unfolds for many schools.
I understand if you want to interview at a school despite multiple acceptances because you have no clue where you'd like to attend. You never know if you end up falling in love with the school after interviewing with them. I mean, that is what second look traditionally was set up for, right? But if you legit already know where you want to go and are just doing it for reasons that only fulfill some level of curiosity, you are really doing a disserve to someone who genuinely wants to attend that school. It might be ranked in last place for you, but it might be someone's first choice.
I'm not saying that the folks who are doing this are robbing others of an opportunity because it's within their right to accept the interview (they've worked hard and earned it, after all), but this is a future fellow physician they'd essentially be making dreams come true indirectly. Doesn't the thought of such an awesome thing outweigh the curiosity? I just don't get it.
Does anyone know what kind of vaccinations we need for Drexel or when their second look is? I feel like I haven’t gotten an email from their admissions office in forever
Bets on when the early December interviewees will hear back?
Also anyone attending the open house tomorrow want to come back with a summary? 🙂
Also anyone attending the open house tomorrow want to come back with a summary? 🙂
They released some 12/4 and 12/9 people last friday! havent heard any other dates thoBets on when the early December interviewees will hear back?
Also anyone attending the open house tomorrow want to come back with a summary? 🙂
So hopefully other Dec dates will come out soon
Seems to me like they could possibly be doing weekly announcements now since they released some the week after the 19th this time around.Bets on when the early December interviewees will hear back?
Also anyone attending the open house tomorrow want to come back with a summary? 🙂
veggiepremed
Full Member
how many other dates were in december? do you know when and for how long they went on "break" for the holidays?They released some 12/4 and 12/9 people last friday! havent heard any other dates tho
So hopefully other Dec dates will come out soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there was Dec 4th and 9th, and also 10th, 11th, 14th and 15th. Other than that, Im not surehow many other dates were in december? do you know when and for how long they went on "break" for the holidays?
To those sitting in limbo/silence since being marked complete...what were your complete dates? 9/16 for me with the only communication being invited to their Open House series. Being ghosted sucks :/
i interviewed back in November, but everyone has a faculty interview (to my knowledge) and a group interview (2-3 applicants to a medical student).I am interviewing tomorrow...why does the schedule say "potential faculty interview?" Do some people not have a faculty interview?
Also, when did the names of who is interviewing you appear? Mine has yet to appear. Thanks!!
my names appeared a day before, but i know for some people, it appears as late as the morning of.
good luck to you tomorrow!
So there are two chunks during the day when you could possibly have your faculty interview -- you can either have it in the morning, or you can have it in the afternoon. If you have it in the afternoon, you won't have a faculty interview in the morning, and you get a little chunk of free time there, and vice versa for the afternoon but everyone's schedule is different, so that's why it says "potential" interview at those time slots.I am interviewing tomorrow...why does the schedule say "potential faculty interview?" Do some people not have a faculty interview?
Also, when did the names of who is interviewing you appear? Mine has yet to appear. Thanks!!
I think they updated the names of my interviewer the morning of the interview -- they weren't in there the night before when I checked the portal, but they showed up when I logged in the morning of.
Good luck!!
So I received the hold for II about 10 days ago. I kneo drexel interviews until April. I'm tuning in to the open house 2mrw with the hopes it'll work in my favor of interest level. Anyone else in a similar boat and is attending open house as a current applicant.
Still in the running! so thats goodPre-II hold
Yes I was accepted last friday actuallyAnyone hear back for MD/PhD yet?
NeuroticLlama
Full Member
I interviewed as part of the 03/01 cohort. They said that post-interview decisions would take up to 8-10+ weeks since they have so many applicants.They updated the portal on Friday to say that going forward, post-interview decisions will be released on a rolling basis as opposed to on established release dates. 🙂
veggiepremed
Full Member
during my interview in Jan they were saying 6-8 weeks but closer to 6 :/ now im expecting 8 hahaI interviewed as part of the 03/01 cohort. They said that post-interview decisions would take up to 8-10+ weeks since they have so many applicants.
In the same boat as you -- although for me, 8 weeks is like next week, and since I'm not sure how often they'll be releasing decisions, I feel like it might be even more on the scale of like 8-10 weeks 😢during my interview in Jan they were saying 6-8 weeks but closer to 6 :/ now im expecting 8 haha
Yeah I think they thought it was going to be faster than it was :/ I'm on 11+ weeksduring my interview in Jan they were saying 6-8 weeks but closer to 6 :/ now im expecting 8 haha
Feel free to dm me!Congrats!! Stats? Any tips??
taco_chronicles
Full Member
Video doesn't have to be on for the open houses, right?
It doesn't, but I know they like looking at us. LOL. I've seen people keep them off, but they are definitely in the minority.Video doesn't have to be on for the open houses, right?
taco_chronicles
Full Member
Oh god no, now I have to somehow look presentable.....if you registered you probably have to show up, right? Ugh FMLIt doesn't, but I know they like looking at us. LOL. I've seen people keep them off, but they are definitely in the minority.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The adcoms were super nice and did mention right off the bat they love seeing us with camera on for the open house. Most people were biz cas, but the adcom also said don't worry b/c there wasn't a formal dress code for the open houses.It doesn't, but I know they like looking at us. LOL. I've seen people keep them off, but they are definitely in the minority.
Still, at minimum, a button down shirt and blazer if you're a dude would be advisable.
veggiepremed
Full Member
they were saying yesterday that it would be good for students who want to be trailblazers and help establish the new program. I imagine it would be better for students wanting to live in a more suburban setting (possibly folks with families) or people who want to continue to live at home and may already live in the area surrounding the reading campus.Is there any reason why someone would choose the Reading Campus over East Falls? I know they emphasized being able to start programs from scratch and work with different communities etc. Would anyone on here prefer Reading and why?
edit: also they said that Reading is the second biggest hospital in the state so it would be more centralized and maybe you'd do less moving around for rotations and such. Smaller class size = possibly easier to create relationships with faculty. Since east falls is moving to U city, maybe people would be attracted to the idea that the reading campus is stable and not going anywhere
Have they told us a date in which we will be informed about our campus?
When is east falls moving to U city?
Thanks
When is east falls moving to U city?
Thanks