-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
veggiepremed
Full Member
Have they told us a date in which we will be informed about our campus?
When is east falls moving to U city?
Thanks
Okay not sure if theyre completely getting rid of east falls but I know the UCity campus building opens 2022
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just placed on hold. They're going to re-evaluate my application later in the year!!! So exciting.......I'm hoping for a June II...🙂
They have interviews all the way until June?
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Think he/she was being sarcastic lol. I believe Drexel interviews until April or early May. Someone please correct me if I was wrong.They have interviews all the way until June?
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
I think he/she was being sarcastic as well but at the rate schools have to extend their interview seasons this year it wouldn't surprise me if schools ended up interviewing until June. Drexel interviews well into April!Think he/she was being sarcastic lol. I believe Drexel interviews until April or early May. Someone please correct me if I was wrong.
I was being completely sarcastic hahaha. I don't want to mislead anyone. - I don't know anything about the school's intentions to extend or not to extend interview season. I assume schools are not extending their interview seasons.I think he/she was being sarcastic as well but at the rate schools have to extend their interview seasons this year it wouldn't surprise me if schools ended up interviewing until June. Drexel interviews well into April!
gogogryffindor
Full Member
Ugh I also couldn’t make the open house today because of work...interviewed in Feb and I really want to go here. Do we know if there is going to be another one, and where I could find this information?
there's another open house on 3/18 6-7 pm EST. It's under status info on the portal.Ugh I also couldn’t make the open house today because of work...interviewed in Feb and I really want to go here. Do we know if there is going to be another one, and where I could find this information?
On another note, who else is gonna be refreshing their emails constantly tomorrow in hopes Drexel releases decisions x.x
just FYI though, I believe it's on a different topic re: the school. =(. Time differences blows.there's another open house on 3/18 6-7 pm EST. It's under status info on the portal.
On another note, who else is gonna be refreshing their emails constantly tomorrow in hopes Drexel releases decisions x.x
Sorry to hear some haven't been able to make it to the Open Houses. I've been to all of them because I'm working from home, but I also understand the time issue. They've all shared the same-ish information when it comes to the application season. Most common questions/answers below.
- Interviews will go into mid-April, so everybody that submitted an application has the chance to be reviewed.
- Send updates, they enjoy them and it shows interest. Just make sure they're substantial. i.e- if you have nothing beneficial to add to your app, don't.
- Applicants on hold are still being considered.
- Decisions are being released on a rolling basis, and according to Adcoms this is more beneficial (I assume because you can get an A at any point in time and don't have to sit in limbo for a dedicated decision day).
- If they wanted to reject you, they would have rejected you already. A Hold, Deferred, or Waitlist status is not an automatic impending R.
- Every opportunity afforded to students at the main campus will be offered to students at Reading, including community outreach programs like HAP and HOP. Community outreach was discussed extensively with their LCSW and it was really exciting to hear about how much community means to DUCOM. It seems like an asset based approach to medicine (they talked about SDoH needs and whole person healthcare) and I really enjoyed it.
Link to learn more about their outreach initiatives: Home | DUCoM Health Outreach Project
The previous session was a Q&A with students (M1, M2, and M3's) talking about their experiences as DUCOM students.
Overall, adcoms have been really kind and sweet. I'm sure it is partly a "gas up the school for more applicants," but it's also felt really genuine. Their humor and receptiveness to questions has made me feel like Drexel is a great choice.
If you have any other questions about what may have been asked, you can always shoot me a PM and I can do my best to recall. The path to medicine can be lonely and feel exclusive, and I hate that. Hope this makes y'all feel more included.
- Interviews will go into mid-April, so everybody that submitted an application has the chance to be reviewed.
- Send updates, they enjoy them and it shows interest. Just make sure they're substantial. i.e- if you have nothing beneficial to add to your app, don't.
- Applicants on hold are still being considered.
- Decisions are being released on a rolling basis, and according to Adcoms this is more beneficial (I assume because you can get an A at any point in time and don't have to sit in limbo for a dedicated decision day).
- If they wanted to reject you, they would have rejected you already. A Hold, Deferred, or Waitlist status is not an automatic impending R.
- Every opportunity afforded to students at the main campus will be offered to students at Reading, including community outreach programs like HAP and HOP. Community outreach was discussed extensively with their LCSW and it was really exciting to hear about how much community means to DUCOM. It seems like an asset based approach to medicine (they talked about SDoH needs and whole person healthcare) and I really enjoyed it.
Link to learn more about their outreach initiatives: Home | DUCoM Health Outreach Project
The previous session was a Q&A with students (M1, M2, and M3's) talking about their experiences as DUCOM students.
Overall, adcoms have been really kind and sweet. I'm sure it is partly a "gas up the school for more applicants," but it's also felt really genuine. Their humor and receptiveness to questions has made me feel like Drexel is a great choice.
If you have any other questions about what may have been asked, you can always shoot me a PM and I can do my best to recall. The path to medicine can be lonely and feel exclusive, and I hate that. Hope this makes y'all feel more included.
What do we think the chances of Jan interviewees hearing back today are? I feel like they probably still have some December people to get through...but I also am VERY ready to hear back and would love to not wait for another several weeks 😅
I interviewed early-mid December and haven’t heard yetWhat do we think the chances of Jan interviewees hearing back today are? I feel like they probably still have some December people to get through...but I also am VERY ready to hear back and would love to not wait for another several weeks 😅
Thank you for this/helping to make things feel a bit more included! We need more people like you in medicine 🙂Sorry to hear some haven't been able to make it to the Open Houses. I've been to all of them because I'm working from home, but I also understand the time issue. They've all shared the same-ish information when it comes to the application season. Most common questions/answers below.
- Interviews will go into mid-April, so everybody that submitted an application has the chance to be reviewed.
- Send updates, they enjoy them and it shows interest. Just make sure they're substantial. i.e- if you have nothing beneficial to add to your app, don't.
- Applicants on hold are still being considered.
- Decisions are being released on a rolling basis, and according to Adcoms this is more beneficial (I assume because you can get an A at any point in time and don't have to sit in limbo for a dedicated decision day).
- If they wanted to reject you, they would have rejected you already. A Hold, Deferred, or Waitlist status is not an automatic impending R.
- Every opportunity afforded to students at the main campus will be offered to students at Reading, including community outreach programs like HAP and HOP. Community outreach was discussed extensively with their LCSW and it was really exciting to hear about how much community means to DUCOM. It seems like an asset based approach to medicine (they talked about SDoH needs and whole person healthcare) and I really enjoyed it.
Link to learn more about their outreach initiatives: Home | DUCoM Health Outreach Project
The previous session was a Q&A with students (M1, M2, and M3's) talking about their experiences as DUCOM students.
Overall, adcoms have been really kind and sweet. I'm sure it is partly a "gas up the school for more applicants," but it's also felt really genuine. Their humor and receptiveness to questions has made me feel like Drexel is a great choice.
If you have any other questions about what may have been asked, you can always shoot me a PM and I can do my best to recall. The path to medicine can be lonely and feel exclusive, and I hate that. Hope this makes y'all feel more included.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WhatDoYouKnow
Full Member
I have notAny decisions today? Also, anyone from 12/14 interview hear back yet?
nopeAny decisions today? Also, anyone from 12/14 interview hear back yet?
Does anyone know of any research opportunities at Drexel? I’m mostly looking for clinical but wet lab would also be good!
just got an email about being on hold. complete in early sep. hmmmm...unsure what drexel is planning to do with giving holds in march.... does anyone know when drexel is done with interviews for this cycle?
Seahawks12
Full Member
Any stats you can share? Thanks!just got an email about being on hold. complete in early sep. hmmmm...unsure what drexel is planning to do with giving holds in march.... does anyone know when drexel is done with interviews for this cycle?
If you scroll up a few posts in this thread, it looks like they will be interviewing until Mid-April!just got an email about being on hold. complete in early sep. hmmmm...unsure what drexel is planning to do with giving holds in march.... does anyone know when drexel is done with interviews for this cycle?
OOS, completed in early sep, ORM, LM ~67Any stats you can share? Thanks!
Seahawks12
Full Member
Thanks!!OOS, completed in early sep, ORM, LM ~67
Withdrew my app/interview through the portal. To those that have done the same, do you get a confirmation or anything? I want to make sure the admissions office knows so that the opportunity doesn’t go to waste. My interview tab on the portal went away, but I just want to know if there’s anything else I need to do! Thanks in advance!
Does anyone know if/when there is a virtual second look?
I think it could be nice to email admissions too just to make sure. Can probably find the email address on their website. Thanks for being so conscientious!Withdrew my app/interview through the portal. To those that have done the same, do you get a confirmation or anything? I want to make sure the admissions office knows so that the opportunity doesn’t go to waste. My interview tab on the portal went away, but I just want to know if there’s anything else I need to do! Thanks in advance!
D
deleted964256
A just now! Interviewed 9/30, WL’d 3/1
First MD A!!
First MD A!!
veggiepremed
Full Member
Ahhh huge congratulations!!!! <3A just now! Interviewed 9/30, WL’d 3/1
First MD A!!
cleocolor2020
Full Member
Just got the A 30 minutes ago!! This is my first MD acceptance! I’ve been doubting myself this entire process. I’m so so so happy.
interviewed 12/9. LM: 69
interviewed 12/9. LM: 69
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratulations -- i'm happy for you! as someone who interviewed 10/13 and also waitlisted on 3/1, i hope more of us on the WL can join you!A just now! Interviewed 9/30, WL’d 3/1
First MD A!!
Just accepted off the waitlist!
Interviewed in October, deferred on 1/22, waitlisted 3/1, and accepted today.
That's awesome! WL here as well and gave up hope for a while. Was there a change in your portal?
I am at work currently, so I haven't checked my portal yet. I had updates for both the deferment and waitlist, so I assume there's something waiting there.That's awesome! WL here as well and gave up hope for a while. Was there a change in your portal?
Don't give up hope, especially so early on!
I am at work currently, so I haven't checked my portal yet. I had updates for both the deferment and waitlist, so I assume there's something waiting there.
Don't give up hope, especially so early on!
Thank you and congrats!!
D
deleted964256
Thank you and congrats!!
I got an email with an acceptance letter, there also was a new tab added to my portal with additional instructions.That's awesome! WL here as well and gave up hope for a while. Was there a change in your portal?
Accepted off the WL today! (interviewed 11/2, deferred 1/22)
For those of you who still on the WL or simply waiting to hear back, I want to tell you: Don't give up hope! I was WL / Rejected last cycle, and while it was a very challenging time, perseverance has paid off!! PRAYING FOR YOU ALL <3
For those of you who still on the WL or simply waiting to hear back, I want to tell you: Don't give up hope! I was WL / Rejected last cycle, and while it was a very challenging time, perseverance has paid off!! PRAYING FOR YOU ALL <3
YES. This is also my second cycle applying. Everything happens at the right time. This is my second A - something I thought after last cycle would never happen. Always stay positive and confident!Accepted off the WL today! (interviewed 11/2, deferred 1/22)
For those of you who still on the WL or simply waiting to hear back, I want to tell you: Don't give up hope! I was WL / Rejected last cycle, and while it was a very challenging time, perseverance has paid off!! PRAYING FOR YOU ALL <3
Seahawks12
Full Member
CONGRATS!! Any stats or attributes you can share?YES. This is also my second cycle applying. Everything happens at the right time. This is my second A - something I thought after last cycle would never happen. Always stay positive and confident!
Accepted this morning!! Interviewed on 1/6
II this morning, was placed on hold 1/21, will be withdrawing hope one of you waiting gets it!
Seahawks12
Full Member
THANKS! Can you share stats, attributes, dietary proclivities?II this morning, was placed on hold 1/21, will be withdrawing hope one of you waiting gets it!
LM 71 w/ upward trend, lit, dark chocolateTHANKS! Can you share stats, attributes, dietary proclivities?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seahawks12
Full Member
Perfect! Thanks!LM 71 w/ upward trend, lit, dark chocolate
WAMCHELP123
Full Member
have they rejected anyone yet?
since they’ve released an A to a Jan interviewee, do the rest of us December interviewees have a WL or R coming if we didn’t hear anything yesterday? I would really like to hear back from them before I start narrowing down choices but this is becoming tortuous. 😭