You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
harrypotter711
Full Member
i think its either discover drexel or drexel connect. im pretty sure wherever you can view it you'll be forwarded to the place to accept or deny the offerdo you know which website we login to, to finalize the offer? Is it the "drexel connect" one?
DrSeashell
Full Member
What was the interview experience like for people at this school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Drexel accept letters of intent/interest? I sent a general update letter before my interview but wondering if I should also send a letter of interest since I haven’t heard back yet.
pre-med202022
Full Member
Congrats!! Were you ever on hold and mind sharing your stats?II invite today! so so so excited
Personally, I had a really great experience with both the student and faculty interviews. Out of my 5 interviews, they were by far the most pleasant experience.What was the interview experience like for people at this school?
They do via portal. You can also email them your update if you have already used up your portal's allotted slots for either LOI or Update Letter.Does Drexel accept letters of intent/interest? I sent a general update letter before my interview but wondering if I should also send a letter of interest since I haven’t heard back yet.
Thank you!! Never put on hold. 3.45sGPA, 3.55 cGPA, 512 MCAT ORM OOSCongrats!! Were you ever on hold and mind sharing your stats?
D
deleted1056513
Awesome! Should I also fill out the master promissory note as well or is that only needed towards the beginning of the semester? Not ready to sign off on any loans yet as I'm still figuring out the finances with my family.i asked about this and they said finalizing your offer doesn't bind you to attending drexel
DrSeashell
Full Member
I saw that Drexel has a 95% post interview acceptance rate? Can anyone confirm or know more about this?
veggiepremed
Full Member
During the interview they said it was actually closer to 50%I saw that Drexel has a 95% post interview acceptance rate? Can anyone confirm or know more about this?
They only offered me half of COA in federal loans, so I'm assuming the other half will have to be from private loans, which I just can't do.Federal loans.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I PM you?They offered you half in unsubsidized Stafford loans (lower percent, still accrues during school). The rest is covered by a higher interest rate Grad PLUS loan.
The limit on Stafford for Medical is 40,500/yr (which I'm assuming is what they offered you).
GradPlus loanThey only offered me half of COA in federal loans, so I'm assuming the other half will have to be from private loans, which I just can't do.
Congrats! When were you marked complete?Thank you!! Never put on hold. 3.45sGPA, 3.55 cGPA, 512 MCAT ORM OOS
babydoctora
New Member
on hold and still no II... thoughts? is it overrrr :,,,,(
Has anybody else NOT been placed on hold or received any correspondence since submission? I submitted 8/25 and nada!!
Yes, same here! Submitted in July and have heard nothing (even submitted two updates)Has anybody else NOT been placed on hold or received any correspondence since submission? I submitted 8/25 and nada!!
+1 🙁Has anybody else NOT been placed on hold or received any correspondence since submission? I submitted 8/25 and nada!!
I've been on hold since Feb 18th. I've attended all of the open house sessions. All I can say that even if I am not offered an II, although it is my first choice school, I believe they are making the extra steps to not rush the process. They said they received a 24% increase in applications this past yr, so they are reviewing and re-reviewing everyone who is waitlisted, on hold, etc. They are actively giving out IIs and A's still. They said if you did not get the R then its not over. They thought they would be holding interviews through April, but it might now extend into May. That's how careful they are being and I really appreciate that. So stay faithful, guys!!!
premedjazz
Full Member
II today! Dates were available first two weeks of april!
II just now 🙂 There were 7 days to schedule in April still with the last one being the 14th.
Believeandcommit
New Member
Congratulations! Mind sharing stats? Best of luck with the interview!!II just now 🙂 There were 7 days to schedule in April still with the last one being the 14th.
I have about a 3.0 in undergrad from a million years ago but a 4.0 in a post bacc and masters. My mcat was 508. I'm an old nurse though so I have around 20,000 clinical hours and did some other activities. I got into a school closer to home so I withdrew my app after the invite. Good luck to everyone on here!Congratulations! Mind sharing stats? Best of luck with the interview!!
Believeandcommit
New Member
Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your other acceptance and best of luck with everything!!!I have about a 3.0 in undergrad from a million years ago but a 4.0 in a post bacc and masters. My mcat was 508. I'm an old nurse though so I have around 20,000 clinical hours and did some other activities. I got into a school closer to home so I withdrew my app after the invite. Good luck to everyone on here!
i'm having similar issues. i can't set up my multi-factor authentication, so getting into the drexel connect portal is impossible 🥵I have tried everything and cannot get in for the life of me. No matter what information I use it says it’s incorrect.
when i retrieved my accounts, it said it might take some time for the 365 account to activate, so i'm hoping that's the issue.
did either of you get yours resolved?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trying to stay faithful but I also don't want to build my hope too high. I've been burned before (see attached meme).I've been on hold since Feb 18th. I've attended all of the open house sessions. All I can say that even if I am not offered an II, although it is my first choice school, I believe they are making the extra steps to not rush the process. They said they received a 24% increase in applications this past yr, so they are reviewing and re-reviewing everyone who is waitlisted, on hold, etc. They are actively giving out IIs and A's still. They said if you did not get the R then its not over. They thought they would be holding interviews through April, but it might now extend into May. That's how careful they are being and I really appreciate that. So stay faithful, guys!!!
Attachments
Last edited:
At the open house, they said in AprilAny idea when campus preference decisions come out?
loveangel2206
Full Member
Does anyone know what the technology requirements are for Drexel? I haven't had much luck in finding this online.
I dont imagine it changed much, but ipads were required when i was a studentDoes anyone know what the technology requirements are for Drexel? I haven't had much luck in finding this online.
nburkert
Full Member
I was able to figure it out! When you go to log in you have to hit help and settings while on a laptop and activate the account and then it took me to a website to set up the multi factor authentication app and now I can get in easily! Message me if you have more issuesi'm having similar issues. i can't set up my multi-factor authentication, so getting into the drexel connect portal is impossible 🥵
when i retrieved my accounts, it said it might take some time for the 365 account to activate, so i'm hoping that's the issue.
did either of you get yours resolved?
nburkert
Full Member
Where do we put our campus preference?Any idea when campus preference decisions come out?
Does anyone know what the technology requirements are for Drexel? I haven't had much luck in finding this online.
On the application portal under the "Admissions Decision" tab! Make sure to complete it soon, it says it's due 3/28.Where do we put our campus preference?
loveangel2206
Full Member
I dont imagine it changed much, but ipads were required when i was a student
Thank you guys!!!
veggiepremed
Full Member
decisions today? 👀
premed_person
Full Member
do they typically release decisions every friday?decisions today? 👀
They have the past 2-3 Fridays for sure.do they typically release decisions every friday?
stickyokra
Full Member
has anyone confirmed with admissions that we can email them more updates/letters of interest? A little hesitant to send because they limit you on the portal so Im guessing the don’t want to be barraged with updates
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greenbananas359
Full Member
II today. Complete mid September, IS. Dates available through mid April.
Received an II today. Complete late July, IS.
PatricktheSponge
Full Member
Just got the A! 🙂
geckogirl99
Full Member
Congrats!Just got the A! 🙂
When did you interview?PatricktheSponge
Full Member
1/27!Congrats!When did you interview?