2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

did they offer just one date or was there a bunch of options? im only asking cause im curious whether any more may be going out, or if that was the last one of the cycle. thanks for any help. and for all of you who got one, i wish you the best of luck. its very exciting to see late II's being sent.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they offer just one date or was there a bunch of options? im only asking cause im curious whether any more may be going out, or if that was the last one of the cycle. thanks for any help. and for all of you who got one, i wish you the best of luck. its very exciting to see late II's being sent.

I saw 3 dates open next week and 4 dates open the week after. Last one was April 15th I believe.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone.

I have an upcoming interview and have some questions.

1. Should we be logged in on Zoom for the interview starting at 8:30 AM (Authentication) or at 9:00 AM when it starts?
2. Is the interview just a traditional interview with one faculty member and one medical student? Is there an MMI or any surprise questions? How did you prepare?
3. Why is the potential faculty interview listed as either 10:00 AM or 1:30 PM? Doesn't the interview day end at 1:15 PM with the Admissions Wrap Up?

Thanks.
 
Hey everyone.

I have an upcoming interview and have some questions.

1. Should we be logged in on Zoom for the interview starting at 8:30 AM (Authentication) or at 9:00 AM when it starts?
2. Is the interview just a traditional interview with one faculty member and one medical student? Is there an MMI or any surprise questions? How did you prepare?
3. Why is the potential faculty interview listed as either 10:00 AM or 1:30 PM? Doesn't the interview day end at 1:15 PM with the Admissions Wrap Up?

Thanks.
Hi! I just interviewed today and it was a great experience🙂 Honestly the best interview experience I've had this cycle.
1. Log in at 8:30 for authentication.
2. I didn't receive any MMI questions. Just basic questions about why Drexel and tell me about yourself. The faculty is open file and the student interview is with a couple other interviewees and closed file. I prepared by looking at the interview questions on sdn.
3. For the interview today, they had 30 minute time slots between 10 and 11:30 where we would break out with our faculty interviewer. We didn't have anything scheduled at 1:30. However your day could be different!
 
Hi! I just interviewed today and it was a great experience🙂 Honestly the best interview experience I've had this cycle.
1. Log in at 8:30 for authentication.
2. I didn't receive any MMI questions. Just basic questions about why Drexel and tell me about yourself. The faculty is open file and the student interview is with a couple other interviewees and closed file. I prepared by looking at the interview questions on sdn.
3. For the interview today, they had 30 minute time slots between 10 and 11:30 where we would break out with our faculty interviewer. We didn't have anything scheduled at 1:30. However your day could be different!
Thanks.

Did they also mention when you would hear back with a decision?

I hope interviewing in April isn't putting us at a disadvantage in terms of being waitlisted.
 
Last edited:
Did anyone who receive a scholarship do anything other than completing FAFSA and sending it to the school? Or was there a scholarship application as well?
 
Did anyone who receive a scholarship do anything other than completing FAFSA and sending it to the school? Or was there a scholarship application as well?
Also, did you have to accept your loans and complete the loan course to have finished the financial aid paperwork so that you can be considered for a scholarship??
 
Also, did you have to accept your loans and complete the loan course to have finished the financial aid paperwork so that you can be considered for a scholarship??
Did anyone who receive a scholarship do anything other than completing FAFSA and sending it to the school? Or was there a scholarship application as well?

I just filled out the FAFSA. No other applications, and I did not accept any loans.
 
Honestly at this point I was expecting a pre-II R... but 8 weeks runs into reapplying... do you reapply to Drexel if you’re waiting to hear back after interviewing? Or to any school for that matter
In the real world, this really isn't an issue. Although AMCAS opens in the beginning of May, transmissions of applications to AMCAS do not begin until the end of May, and transmissions to schools don't begin until the end of June. By then, the cycle is pretty much over, whether or not you have received a decision. Acceptances between the end of June and orientation are possible, but rare.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 1/27 and have yet to hear anything! does this mean I'll be getting a WL or R or are they just running behind?
I interviewed mid-January and still haven't heard anything, so I don't think it's a solid WL/R, it just means they're not going in strict chronological order -- if you look at some of these other posts back a few weeks/months, you'll see it goes kind of in 'vague' chronological order, but there are often people who interviewed later who hear back before people who interviewed earlier. I'm just taking it as 'you'll hear back when you hear back'.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad