2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thoughts on submitting letters of interest/update letters in between interview day and hearing back? I see online it says "Deferred and waitlisted applicants may submit updates," but I interviewed early January and haven't heard anything back yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thoughts on submitting letters of interest/update letters in between interview day and hearing back? I see online it says "Deferred and waitlisted applicants may submit updates," but I interviewed early January and haven't heard anything back yet.
They strongly recommend sending updates after the interview! I think they said to send on after 6 weeks, but I’m sure it doesn’t hurt to send them earlier!
 
I'm sorry new here what is a hold mean
Hold means they are not yet offering you an interview now but may offer it to you later in the cycle of a space is available. Ppl have been offered an II in as little as 1 week where as some are still waiting. It is one step closer to A and a better place to be in then rejected
 
has anyone tried submitting their campus preference recently and the page does not finalize after hitting submit? i submitted it a few weeks back and it went through, but then logged in again today and it wasn't grayed out anymore but now the page doesn't change when i try to re-submit.
 
has anyone tried submitting their campus preference recently and the page does not finalize after hitting submit? i submitted it a few weeks back and it went through, but then logged in again today and it wasn't grayed out anymore but now the page doesn't change when i try to re-submit.
Same thing happened to me
 
has anyone tried submitting their campus preference recently and the page does not finalize after hitting submit? i submitted it a few weeks back and it went through, but then logged in again today and it wasn't grayed out anymore but now the page doesn't change when i try to re-submit.

Yeah that happened to me as well... On the Accepted students page on Facebook Brian from Admissions said they were having some tech problems and that your campus selection most likely went through but you can email him to confirm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sort of conflicted on which campus is the better decision. The Philly campus is obviously the more established campus located in a really nice city. However, the Reading campus offers state-of-the-art facilities as well as the guarantee of knowing you will be doing your clinical rotations at Tower Health as opposed to the uncertainty of the lottery system used on the main campus. Doesn't help that there is little information available to us about the Reading campus before we have to submit our preference 🙁
 
So it says that waitlisted applicants can send up to 3 update letters. Is this including ones previously sent, or can you send up to 3 AFTER being waitlisted in addition to previous letters?
 
I'm sort of conflicted on which campus is the better decision. The Philly campus is obviously the more established campus located in a really nice city. However, the Reading campus offers state-of-the-art facilities as well as the guarantee of knowing you will be doing your clinical rotations at Tower Health as opposed to the uncertainty of the lottery system used on the main campus. Doesn't help that there is little information available to us about the Reading campus before we have to submit our preference 🙁
If you are anxious about rotations, I would choose Reading because Tower Health is a great hospital system and the facilities at the Reading campus are really nice
 
How long are the faculty interviews usually? Any unusual questions that anyone came across during the interview?
I didn't come across any unusual questions during my interview, but I will say a lot of the questions I got were VERY specific to my application -- I didn't really find that they asked many of the standard "Tell me about your path to medicine" type of questions but much more like "Tell me about how you changed your study habits to go from a 50* MCAT when you took it two years ago to a 51* when you took it last year" sort of questions. That may have just been my interviewer, but they asked a lot of very specific questions, rather than more vague, general ones.
 
I didn't come across any unusual questions during my interview, but I will say a lot of the questions I got were VERY specific to my application -- I didn't really find that they asked many of the standard "Tell me about your path to medicine" type of questions but much more like "Tell me about how you changed your study habits to go from a 50* MCAT when you took it two years ago to a 51* when you took it last year" sort of questions. That may have just been my interviewer, but they asked a lot of very specific questions, rather than more vague, general ones.
The interview link is not available in the agenda tab (where it says zoom link, it has blank in front of it). Would they provide the link on last minute ?
 
Just got an email that I received a $25k/year scholarship! (In addition to the $10k/year one already in my Discover Drexel, I assume). Was strongly considering withdrawing for another school but this does complicate t
Wow congrats! Do you know if it was a merit or need-based scholarship?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad