2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Just checked Drexel's website, and they updated the CTE deadline to 7/9 - we'll probably see some waitlist movement around then

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked Drexel's website, and they updated the CTE deadline to 7/9 - we'll probably see some waitlist movement around then
Especially if they moved it up from 7/15, and the only notice they are providing is an update on their website! :laugh:

Very strange to change it mid cycle.

Especially if they moved it up from 7/15, and the only notice they are providing is an update on their website! :laugh:

Very strange to change it mid cycle.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I feel like this means that they have the numbers to fill up the class, but need to guarantee each spot will be taken. In other words, waitlist spots movement will only occur when someone doesn’t fully commit, which is probably not a lot of people.

They probably have a lot of PTEs who are waiting for an A on a waitlist.

I doubt they just moved the CTE deadline up by almost a week. They probably just edited it on the website for the 2021-2022 cycle

I doubt they just moved the CTE deadline up by almost a week. They probably just edited it on the website for the 2021-2022 cycle
Nope. I just checked. It's 2021! It might be they were correcting a mistake, but, it's there.

My post was a joke, because I'm sure they'll communicate any change to impacted people, but, still.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I feel like this means that they have the numbers to fill up the class, but need to guarantee each spot will be taken. In other words, waitlist spots movement will only occur when someone doesn’t fully commit, which is probably not a lot of people.

They probably have a lot of PTEs who are waiting for an A on a waitlist.
You are 1,000% correct. I didn't want to be the messenger delivering unpleasant news, but, this happens every year all over the place. People expect movement after CTE deadlines (because, apparently, they are conditioned to after seeing what happens around PTE deadlines), and are then disappointed when it doesn't happen.

WL spots open up when people with multiple As drop the excess, as happens on 4/30 with PTE deadlines. The same thing simply does not happen at the CTE deadline. What happens is that everyone who is PTE and waiting to be called off someone else's WL is forced to select CTE, and, voila, the class is fully committed. The only time someone doesn't select CTE is if they are holding another A. It happens, but, at this stage of the cycle, it's relatively rare.

Reactions: 5 users
Looks like another day of silence…
You are 1,000% correct. I didn't want to be the messenger delivering unpleasant news, but, this happens every year all over the place. People expect movement after CTE deadlines (because, apparently, they are conditioned to after seeing what happens around PTE deadlines), and are then disappointed when it doesn't happen.

WL spots open up when people with multiple As drop the excess, as happens on 4/30 with PTE deadlines. The same thing simply does not happen at the CTE deadline. What happens is that everyone who is PTE and waiting to be called off someone else's WL is forced to select CTE, and, voila, the class is fully committed. The only time someone doesn't select CTE is if they are holding another A. It happens, but, at this stage of the cycle, it's relatively rare.
If this is the case, then we should just keep waiting as normal correct? Our chances now are the same as later…
Also, only reason why I’m surprised they didn’t send out today (at least according to this forum) was because of the handful of people who said they recently dropped their acceptance. But i guess who knows what their system is

If this is the case, then we should just keep waiting as normal correct? Our chances now are the same as later…
Also, only reason why I’m surprised they didn’t send out today (at least according to this forum) was because of the handful of people who said they recently dropped their acceptance. But i guess who knows what their system is
Yeah! Whatever is going on with them, you just keep waiting until they tell you it's over. People could drop out at any time, especially before the CTE deadline. And, as you observed, if several people recently dropped As, that's a strong indication that there are more calls to come.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall I was just accepted off the waitlist today around 2:30 today. OOS, cGPA 3.19, sGPA 3.17 (upward trend),MCAT 511, minor IA, ORM, interviewed 4/7, LOI written 5/13, waitlisted 6/1.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hey yall I was just accepted off the waitlist today around 2:30 today. OOS, cGPA 3.19, sGPA 3.17 (upward trend),MCAT 511, minor IA, ORM, interviewed 4/7, LOI written 5/13, waitlisted 6/1.
+1 was also accepted off the waitlist earlier today- I’ll be declining, hope it goes to one of you! I interviewed 2/8 and was WL 4/12! OOS. Did not write Letter of intent or letter of interest.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the WL just now! WAITLISTED IN APRIL. Interviewed in Feb. MCAT 509 3.9 GPA oos

Reactions: 14 users
Can anyone comment on any legitimate concerns with the Reading campus?

Can anyone comment on any legitimate concerns with the Reading campus?
It is my understanding that the Reading campus is an all new facility with the classes working at the Reading Hospital. All classes are taught with the same curriculum whether its main campus or Reading. Currently the 3rd and 4th years are doing rotations at Reading and the class will join this 1st year class. With the exception of less housing available, there doesn't seem to be any real downsides.

Do you have any WL movement updates from the adcom member you spoke to earlier?
Hahahah what a question my dude. I have no updates. I interviewed in November was deferred for 2 months then was waitlisted in feb and have had no updates from this school since

Accepted off the waitlist on 6/18! On hold right after I applied in August 2020, II on 3/27, interview on 4/5, waitlisted on 6/1. Undergrad GPA 3.0, Postbac GPA 4.0, MCAT 506. IS, URM. I luckily also got another offer at a school that I prefer to Drexel so I'll be deferring here. Hoping this goes to one of you that are still waiting! Good luck guys and Godspeed!

Reactions: 8 users
I ended up rejecting my acceptance offer. Good luck! I'm hoping one of you takes my spot :)

Reactions: 9 users
Did anybody else on the waitlist just get that West Reading Informational session email?

edit: got an email a few hours ago about an information session for accepted students, but I’m still on the waitlist. Not sure if this was a mistake or if there’s an A coming?

Last edited:
Did anybody else on the waitlist just get that West Reading Informational session email?

edit: got an email a few hours ago about an information session for accepted students, but I’m still on the waitlist. Not sure if this was a mistake or if there’s an A coming?
I have not received that email. I hope that means some good news for you!

Reactions: 7 users
Out of curiosity have any accepted students received this email? Not really sure what this means so I just emailed admissions..
If they reply please let us know! I didn't get the email (on waitlist) but am curious as to how they would make a mistake.. or assuming it's a good sign and that you have an A coming, that's weird they didn't send it out to you already. Also just curious did your portal update at all?

If they reply please let us know! I didn't get the email (on waitlist) but am curious as to how they would make a mistake.. or assuming it's a good sign and that you have an A coming, that's weird they didn't send it out to you already. Also just curious did your portal update at all?
Portal and CYMS haven't changed at all. Even checked my spam folder to see if I was missing anything! Just a weird situation and hoping something good comes from it

• Care
Has anyone reached out to Drexel recently about waitlist movement/uncovering where they are on the waitlist?

I just sent my third update today and I was wondering if I should email them to see where I stand or if they predict more waitlist movement.

Anyone accepted know anything about WL movement and how much of the class has been filled from the FB group?

It happened. I received their secondary for the next cycle and then the acceptance came in an hour afterwards. I am in disbelief at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
It happened. I received their secondary for the next cycle and then the acceptance came in an hour afterwards. I am in disbelief at the moment.
CONGRATS!!!!!! That is so amazing!!!

When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 2 users
Do any accepted students know exactly what day the academic calendar starts? Asking because this would determine how long I stay on the WL given I am OOS and would need time to relocate. Thanks!

Do any accepted students know exactly what day the academic calendar starts? Asking because this would determine how long I stay on the WL given I am OOS and would need time to relocate. Thanks!
Mandatory, in-person orientation for Drexel starts on 8/2!

• Love
Sending out good vibes for everyone still waiting - Drexel was my only interview this cycle, WL 5/17. Teetering between 1.) hanging on to my last irrational shred of hope and 2.) moving on at this point - feels bad man

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Was on pre II hold and finally got the R today (definitely knew it was coming lol)

Drexel's CTE is this Friday (7/9/21). Does anyone know what this means for waitlisted applicants?

Drexel's CTE is this Friday (7/9/21). Does anyone know what this means for waitlisted applicants?
I'm guessing this means people who are holding the acceptance but don't plan to go will have to drop? However, I don't see why there would be many people in this position given how late it is. Anyone know anything from past years?