2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone's application still on hold? I was put on hold in October. Drexel is my top choice. I have another acceptance and I am assuming I'll be going there. I feel like II's are done but idk given how random it seems Drexel is functioning with acceptances and WL's.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone's application still on hold? I was put on hold in October. Drexel is my top choice. I have another acceptance and I am assuming I'll be going there. I feel like II's are done but idk given how random it seems Drexel is functioning with acceptances and WL's.
I was placed on hold in February. Still haven't heard anything either. I've tried contacting admissions, but haven't heard a response yet. I assume at this point they're probably done interviewing and taking people off the hold list? Again, like you mentioned, its difficult to tell what's going on right now exactly.

channeling good energy to hear back tomorrow for myself and those others waitlisted inshallah :)

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to an ADCOM member earlier this week. I was told they have not begun taking people off the waitlist yet and that they are wrapping up admissions in the cycle today. This probably explains why people who were waitlisted earlier didnt hear back. I was also informed that this year because they interviewed more people less people will be taken off the waitlist. Expect to hear about waitlist decisions around June 15th and early July.

wishing you guys best of luck. I thought I’d pass on this info because I too am getting anxious reading all the posts in this thread.

congrats to everyone who got an A today!
Thank you so much for sharing this information. A little bit of transparency goes a long way with helping me retain my sanity lol

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected earlier this morning....guess I am staying in my home state for the next four years! Hope the rest of you all hear good news!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted today at 9:04:32 AM (Philly time)! Interviewed 4/20/21 and wishing the best for everyone on the WL 😧

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
withdrew, hope it goes to one of y'all! GL

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Do you guys think its safe to call and ask maybe where I am in the waitlist (top range, in the middle, or bottom)? I genuinely just want to have a sort of idea, but I'm scared it could somehow backfire and make it seem like I am being impatient or have other plans. (Even though in reality it is completely fair to be making other plans)

Do you guys think its safe to call and ask maybe where I am in the waitlist (top range, in the middle, or bottom)? I genuinely just want to have a sort of idea, but I'm scared it could somehow backfire and make it seem like I am being impatient or have other plans. (Even though in reality it is completely fair to be making other plans)
I would do it. My premed advisor thought my LOI was too nice. She hit them with "this is my CTE at my other accepted school, and I gotta make plans soon".

I just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of y'all. Real quick for others who have withdrew, is withdrawing on the portal sufficient or do I need to send an email as well?

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of y'all. Real quick for others who have withdrew, is withdrawing on the portal sufficient or do I need to send an email as well?
I just declined on the portal.

wondering the same thing. could you share if they disclose the info to you?

Yes! Thinking of calling on Monday
Yes. Please keep us updated as I'm in the exact same situation about making plans.

I'm definitely going to Drexel if I'm able to get off the waitlist. But, I currently have another acceptance at a DO school. They've been sending me all these pre-matriculation tasks I'm supposed to accomplish and tuition is due at the end of this month even though we start in late July. I've been putting all of this off because Drexel really is my number one choice. I'm just kind of lost about what I should be doing while waiting in limbo for Drexel to reply.

Could I ask if you are a similar situation and what you are doing with regards to trying to juggle between two schools or a possible reapplication?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Yes. Please keep us updated as I'm in the exact same situation about making plans.

I'm definitely going to Drexel if I'm able to get off the waitlist. But, I currently have another acceptance at a DO school. They've been sending me all these pre-matriculation tasks I'm supposed to accomplish and tuition is due at the end of this month even though we start in late July. I've been putting all of this off because Drexel really is my number one choice. I'm just kind of lost about what I should be doing while waiting in limbo for Drexel to reply.

Could I ask if you are a similar situation and what you are doing with regards to trying to juggle between two schools or a possible reapplication?
It’s funny you mention all this, I’m actually in the same situation! Except I kind of have it worse haha, as my DO school just recently started. If I do get into Drexel, I’ll already be about a week or two in. I’m okay with that, but I’m thinking of withdrawing from the WL soon as I don’t want to be a month into this DO school and drop everything and leave. Its definently stressful, but I’m not sure what else to do besides play by ear. A little bit of money loss will definitely be involved if I do get in. I did end up completing all the pre-matriculation requirements but have held back from signing a lease and things like that. Honestly, I think because most of the school is still virtual is why I’m able to get away with this juggling situation.

• Care
I was placed on hold in February. Still haven't heard anything either. I've tried contacting admissions, but haven't heard a response yet. I assume at this point they're probably done interviewing and taking people off the hold list? Again, like you mentioned, its difficult to tell what's going on right now exactly.
Yeah I want to know more about how unlikely it is for someone like us on hold to be called for an interview lol

Yeah I want to know more about how unlikely it is for someone like us on hold to be called for an interview lol
I was placed on hold back in Dec and got the R yesterday. It is very likely that their II season is over and now they are just getting to sending out Rs to those on hold

To accepted students: how soon after you received your first acceptance email did the "commit to enroll" option become available?

Just got the A today!! Assigned to Reading campus, interviewed 4/6 and WL 5/28.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got the A today. Had 4 II, 3 R ands 1 A now! Can’t believe it. And had already resubmitted applications so bye bye some money (did DO as well)

edit : reading campus

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just withdrew my acceptance spot! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got the A yesterday around 2pm EST!! Super happy about my first MD acceptance after 3 MD IIs and 3 WL. DUCOM WL in late May. 68 LizzyM ORM with a pretty unique app.
However, ngl I’m a little nervous about living in Reading, PA after living in a big city my whole life. I feel like there’s not much happening there. Anyone else sharing these feelings or have a similar experience?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also got the A yesterday!! Reading campus. Interviewed 4/5, WL 5/21

• Love
Just withdrew my acceptance spot! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist
would you mind sharing which campus you were assigned to? It seems like lots of Reading As have been given out recently, I'm wondering if the main campus is full

would you mind sharing which campus you were assigned to? It seems like lots of Reading As have been given out recently, I'm wondering if the main campus is full
I had a spot at the Queens Lane campus

Hi! What was the word count for the second question on the secondary? (This essay should explain what you have been doing since graduation as well as your planned activities for the gap year before matriculation into medical school. You should include work, education, personal experience (e.g. caring for family, travel), and volunteer work. If you have work experience, you can also give some insight into major accomplishments.)

It's 500 right?

Also, any thoughts on using this for diversity or challenge? How do I pick which one to show?

-Silo

Does Drexel require any immunizations via myrecordtracker, or any background check or drug screening via certiphi?
I was interested in seeing if there is any overlap between Drexel and a DO school I hold an acceptance to.

Also, waitlist fam, I feel good news coming this Friday. Idk why, but I just feel it LOL.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
First time posting here but for those assigned to (or who chose to) attend Reading campus. How do you guys feel about it? What influenced your decision? Have they told you anything about how it will be since you will be the first class? What do you know about Reading and the surrounding area

Are you able to choose the campus you want to attend on the secondary, or do they just assign one to you? Thanks!

Are you able to choose the campus you want to attend on the secondary, or do they just assign one to you? Thanks!
Unclear. It looks like it is just opening now, so it is very likely that people from the last cycle were randomly assigned.

Since we haven't seen this year's secondary yet, we don't know. Since Reading is a lot less attractive than Philadelphia, my guess would be that you'd still have a risk of being assigned, since I doubt it will be a lot of people's first choice.

There’s a lot of perks to going to reading campus. DM me if you want to hear my opinion

Also whoever was gonna call the school this week, did you find anything out ?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone think they might not release anything today because some schools are observing Juneteenth today?

Anyone else frustrated about the every Friday thing for waitlist acceptances? I get it's a system but at the same time if a spot opens up...why wait X amount of days to re-give out the acceptance? Just really trying to hold on

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else frustrated about the every Friday thing for waitlist acceptances? I get it's a system but at the same time if a spot opens up...why wait X amount of days to re-give out the acceptance? Just really trying to hold on
I’ve seen people post ab getting accepted more than just fridays

I was accepted last Monday around 2pm after being on the WL since 5/28! I was initially assigned to the Reading campus, but they have a process for requesting a campus switch (it's then reviewed by the campus assignment committee). Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted last Monday around 2pm after being on the WL since 5/28! I was initially assigned to the Reading campus, but they have a process for requesting a campus switch (it's then reviewed by the campus assignment committee). Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!
Did you request a switch and, if so, was it approved so quickly?

Did you request a switch and, if so, was it approved so quickly?
Not OP, but I requested a switch a few weeks ago from Reading to Philly and it was approved in about 3 days:)

Reactions: 5 users