2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry I meant withdraw from the WL eventually! If I get in within 2 weeks or so I would go for sure!
Then, no problem! You sent a LOI and they sent a WL. Withdrawing from a WL is very different from declining an A, and isn't bad at all, especially if your other school has already begun classes!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 4/15 and still haven't heard back rip. Thank you everyone else for the updates tho

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 4/15 and still haven't heard back rip. Thank you everyone else for the updates tho
I interviewed on 4/14 and haven’t heard back either… but I’m still happy for everyone else that got a decision 😊 I hope we hear good news later today

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
No A’s huh? Anyone know if seats are full...?
This might just be the SDN population, but I feel like it's so rare for people to get outright accepted (no WL first). I'd love to meet the people who did get that immediate A haha

No A’s huh? Anyone know if seats are full...?
I feel like they reserve seats in a manner such that each interviewee has a chance to be outright accepted. They said you're not interviewing for the waitlist

Interviews on 3/31 and still haven’t heard back anything. Did people who got WL get a specific email?

Attachments

• 2569CA23-D9C7-4018-9FD7-FD4A5DE322F0.png
    2569CA23-D9C7-4018-9FD7-FD4A5DE322F0.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 208
Interviewed 4/12 and just got the R. Devastated, but I had a pretty bad interview experience so not surprised. Good luck everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Interviewed 4/15 and still nothing...hoping for some news this Friday, though!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 4/12 and just got the R. Devastated, but I had a pretty bad interview experience so not surprised. Good luck everyone.
Out of curiosity, who did you interview with? You can send me a PM if you'd prefer.

EDIT: I had a pretty odd interview experience too so I'm curious who you interviewed with

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 4/14 and WL'd after LOI

• Care
Out of curiosity, who did you interview with? You can send me a PM if you'd prefer.

EDIT: I had a pretty odd interview experience too so I'm curious who you interviewed with
I feel like I also had a weird interview....my student interviewer was cool, but my faculty interviewer did like 80% of the talking and I could barely get a word in...but at the end, he said he really enjoyed the conversation we had, so idk lol

So...interviewed on 2/18, was waitlisted on 4/19. This is my #1 school and I really want to get in! I looked on their Facebook DUCOM Accepted Students page and there is 385 members today (and they only have 300 spots). I know its crazy to get worried because of this (but who joins a Facebook page if they aren't interested in going there and also not all applicants who were accepted join this page lol). The FB page also tells you how many people join each week (over thirty joined this past week). Do you think Drexel has already started taking people off their waitlist?

So...interviewed on 2/18, was waitlisted on 4/19. This is my #1 school and I really want to get in! I looked on their Facebook DUCOM Accepted Students page and there is 385 members today (and they only have 300 spots). I know its crazy to get worried because of this (but who joins a Facebook page if they aren't interested in going there and also not all applicants who were accepted join this page lol). The FB page also tells you how many people join each week (over thirty joined this past week). Do you think Drexel has already started taking people off their waitlist?
If you read prior posts, people have already been accepted off the waitlist...

They already have taken several people off the waitlist, but per SDN it has been more recently waitlisted applicants. Keep in mind there's also more students because of the reading campus. Also oftentimes people like older students, admin, staff, etc join the page for communication and housing purposes. EDIT: I may have mixed up amount of students at each campus. Not sure of exact numbers

Last edited:
I thought that it was going to be 300 total, 260 for Queen Lane Campus and 40 for Reading campus?

Also, Just joined today, sorry!

Wishing everyone still waiting for a decision good luck tomorrow! 😊 I’m hoping it’ll be good news for us!! 🩺 Here’s another dragon for good luck, hang tight! 🐉

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Did any of you who were accepted get a phone call or was it all done by email? Just missed a call from Reading, PA (never gotten a spam call from PA before) and my mailbox was full (I’m so dumb!) so now of course I’m freaking because I’m on the waitlist and itching for info!

Did any of you who were accepted get a phone call or was it all done by email? Just missed a call from Reading, PA (never gotten a spam call from PA before) and my mailbox was full (I’m so dumb!) so now of course I’m freaking because I’m on the waitlist and itching for info!
Email !

Good luck everyone!! Hoping for A tomorrow or soon for each and everyone of us!! Praying!!!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just following up on this to let you know that there are also a bunch of people in the group that are current students and admins.

Accepted today at 7:42 am PST!! Interviewed 4/14, sent an LOI 5/13, never waitlisted. cGPA 3.83, MCAT 510. Was assigned to the reading campus. It's my first acceptance AT ALL after 2 cycles, I'm SO fortunate and happy!! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope to see you there!!

• Care
Reactions: 19 users
Accepted today at 7:42 am PST!! Interviewed 4/14, sent an LOI 5/13, never waitlisted. cGPA 3.83, MCAT 510. Was assigned to the reading campus. It's my first acceptance AT ALL after 2 cycles, I'm SO fortunate and happy!! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope to see you there!!
Congrats! Anyone know if decisions come all at once or are sporadic throughout the day?

Reactions: 3 users
A earlier today. Reading Campus. Interviewed 4/6.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if there are still spots at the city center/queens lane campus or if WL acceptances just go to the reading campus?

Does anyone know if there are still spots at the city center/queens lane campus or if WL acceptances just go to the reading campus?
I'm wondering this too. If I'm fortunate enough to get an A I was planning on politely asking if there is a waitlist for the queen lane campus (but after I accept the A so they know I'm still interested either way lol)

I talked to an ADCOM member earlier this week. I was told they have not begun taking people off the waitlist yet and that they are wrapping up admissions in the cycle today. This probably explains why people who were waitlisted earlier didnt hear back. I was also informed that this year because they interviewed more people less people will be taken off the waitlist. Expect to hear about waitlist decisions around June 15th and early July.

wishing you guys best of luck. I thought I’d pass on this info because I too am getting anxious reading all the posts in this thread.

congrats to everyone who got an A today!

Reactions: 12 users
I talked to an ADCOM member earlier this week. I was told they have not begun taking people off the waitlist yet and that they are wrapping up admissions in the cycle today. This probably explains why people who were waitlisted earlier didnt hear back. I was also informed that this year because they interviewed more people less people will be taken off the waitlist. Expect to hear about waitlist decisions around June 15th and early July.

wishing you guys best of luck. I thought I’d pass on this info because I too am getting anxious reading all the posts in this thread.

That seems a little weird cause I was waitlisted and then accepted off of the waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
That seems a little weird cause I was waitlisted and then accepted off of the waitlist.
Yeah I thought so too after reading all these posts on sdn but the adcom member assured me they didn’t even start the waitlist yet 🤷

Still haven't received an email and my portal isn't updated with a decision either...should I be worried? Imagine they forgot me

Yeah I thought so too after reading all these posts on sdn but the adcom member assured me they didn’t even start the waitlist yet 🤷
I mean they clearly started it if people have been accepted, but it’s prob true that they haven’t been accepting more recently cuz it’s been a min

The interviewing more people means less people will be taken off the waitlist doesn’t make any sense to me. Proportion wise, yes cuz there are likely more ppl on the waitlist. But the actual number of ppl who will be taken off should still be around the same since that’s dependent on ppl who have A’s turning down offers.

The interviewing more people means less people will be taken off the waitlist doesn’t make any sense to me. Proportion wise, yes cuz there are likely more ppl on the waitlist. But the actual number of ppl who will be taken off should still be around the same since that’s dependent on ppl who have A’s turning down offers.
i am just relaying information that was told to me. I do not claim to know anything about this process. At this point I’m focusing more on reapplications

i am just relaying information that was told to me. I do not claim to know anything about this process. At this point I’m focusing more on reapplications
Thanks. I was making a comment based on what the adcom member said. Perhaps it’s a bad year to be on drexel’s waitlist since ppl seem to be holding onto their A’s. Deff worth to reapply since getting off is slim at this point.

Congrats to everyone who heard back! Got the A this morning, did not get waitlisted, interviewed on 4/19. I hope that everyone will hear good news soon :)

Reactions: 3 users
For those who heard nothing today (like me), do you think we’ll heard back on Monday or next Friday?

I interviewed on 4/15

Super difficult decision but I withdrew earlier today - hoping it goes to one of y’all :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users