2020-2021 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year this time around they sent post interview rejections and wait lists which makes me worried. I believe there might be one more wave of acceptances before wait list and rejections which scares me.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year this time around they sent post interview rejections and wait lists which makes me worried. I believe there might be one more wave of acceptances before wait list and rejections which scares me.
Well @FutureMed2021 this cycle is nothing like any other. I know it's tough waiting so long for an A (trust me, I don't have one yet), but we have to stay positive.

Well @FutureMed2021 this cycle is nothing like any other. I know it's tough waiting so long for an A (trust me, I don't have one yet), but we have to stay positive.
lol I feel you. I don't have an A yet either. I feel like Oliver Twist... "Please adcom, may I have an A?"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I looked at previous threads and acceptances have gone out on Wednesday for sdn but I think a few have gone out on Friday. I would say its all over the place and any day of the week can be an acceptance. I was hoping today was the day but this wait is so stressful and I just want to know already. I interviewed in December and feel like all hope is gone since I feel like they are just holding me for a wait list or rejection since they haven't decided on me yet :(

Reactions: 1 user
I looked at previous threads and acceptances have gone out on Wednesday for sdn but I think a few have gone out on Friday. I would say its all over the place and any day of the week can be an acceptance. I was hoping today was the day but this wait is so stressful and I just want to know already. I interviewed in December and feel like all hope is gone since I feel like they are just holding me for a wait list or rejection since they haven't decided on me yet :(
Since we haven't seen a wave of As (at least in SDN), I actually think your odds are better now that you survived the last round of Rs.

Previous trends are completely "uncorrelatable" to this year. Hang tight. It is coming.

Since we haven't seen a wave of As (at least in SDN), I actually think your odds are better now that you survived the last round of Rs.

Previous trends are completely "uncorrelatable" to this year. Hang tight. It is coming.
Gotcha thanks, I didn't know that Brody sent out post II rejections recently.

• Hmm
I saw pre-II rejections but maybe I missed the post-II on this thread. Were there?
Sorry - I should have specified it was pre-II Rs. I did not see any post-II decision (or at least no significant wave of anything.)

Sorry - I should have specified it was pre-II Rs. I did not see any post-II decision (or at least no significant wave of anything.)
No worries! Next week hope to hear something positive for all of us still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for updates tomorrow!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Friend of mine got rejected pre-II this week. I still haven't heard a peep since my interview.

There's only 21 students in the BSOM class of 2025 facebook page...interesting.

There's only 21 students in the BSOM class of 2025 facebook page...interesting.
Could it be that Brody accepted a lot of people with multiple acceptances or they just don't have facebook accounts or haven't looked into it yet?

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 3.10.46 PM.png

They just updated their website for March 1, 2021

Could it be that Brody accepted a lot of people with multiple acceptances or they just don't have facebook accounts or haven't looked into it yet?
The only reason I found it was because I stumbled upon it while looking through the website. They haven’t really advertised it!

Dang guess I didn't make it in those 81 offers :( now I'm waiting anxiously for post interview acceptance. Does this mean they only give WL now?
Sounds like they at least have 40 more offers to give if not more!!! Not giving up yet

From last two years for comparison:

As of March 1, 2021 we have:
  • Received 1208 AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2020 deadline.
  • Interviewed 407 applicants. Completed interviews in February.
  • Made 81 offers.
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class)

As of March 1, 2020 we have:

Received 1025 AMCAS applications (final)
Received 927 Supplementary applications (final)
Interviewed 427 applicants (final)
Made 98 offers

As of March 15, 2019 we have:
  • Received 1075 AMCAS applications
  • Received 984 Supplementary applications
  • Interviewed 451 applicants
  • Made 86 offers

5-10% fewer interviews but about 15% more applicants (not sure completed about the number of secondaries). If they are done with interviews then I am surprised they interviewed fewer people this year. It is as if they ran out of time and had to stop. It's a shame for those who got a pre-II R. Their performance is 20% off this year.

Last edited:
But that's only if the people who were offered a seat decline right?
Odds are there will be movement. Honestly, if you applied to Brody, then you are a NC resident. I would guess 90%+ of the Brody applicants applied to UNC (and other NC schools.) There will be some ripple effect.

Odds are there will be movement. Honestly, if you applied to Brody, then you are a NC resident. I would guess 90%+ of the Brody applicants applied to UNC (and other NC schools.) There will be some ripple effect.
So I'm understanding there is a better chance since less interviews and more movement. So all hope is not gone.

I keep hoping maybe they've lost my phone number???

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I keep hoping maybe they've lost my phone number??
LOL I’m right there with ya! It is Wednesday, though, and they tend to release most decisions on Wednesdays. They might find your number today! I hope you get that A fellow applicant!

Anyone have an idea of when Brody will release post-II R's and WL's?

Goodness can we please get some movement here. Anyone hear from Brody in the past week or 2??

Damn no one reported getting in today? The wait is killing me!

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Is that an official deadline or something?
March 15th is the day that schools are required by the AAMC to have sent out acceptances equal to the number of total seats their class has. Following that, on April 30, schhols that have open seats for their class accept students off waitlist to fill remaining seats.

Some people
March 15th is the day that schools are required by the AAMC to have sent out acceptances equal to the number of total seats their class has. Following that, on April 30, schhols that have open seats for their class accept students off waitlist to fill remaining seats.
The gods of SDN will tell you this is not a requirement but just an AAMC suggestion to the schools. But all this shall pass...

Some people

The gods of SDN will tell you this is not a requirement but just an AAMC suggestion to the schools. But all this shall pass...
Whether it's suggested or a requirement... that's the explanation behind why the March 15 date came up.

Whether it's suggested or a requirement... that's the explanation behind why the March 15 date came up.
I'm certainly a novice here and hoping like you to find out ASAP. I just hope it is not beyond 3/15.... UNC says in their website and interview: "All final decision notifications, including acceptance, wait list, and unsuccessful application, will be sent to applicants by early April." Perhaps that is the worst case scenario....

I'm certainly a novice here and hoping like you to find out ASAP. I just hope it is not beyond 3/15.... UNC says in their website and interview: "All final decision notifications, including acceptance, wait list, and unsuccessful application, will be sent to applicants by early April." Perhaps that is the worst case scenario....
When I interviewed in Jan they said that we won't hear back for a while and most likely will be in April.

Does anyone know around what time they send out interview invites for the scholarships?

Looks like next week the mood will be 😁 or 😐 (read WL) or ☹️ For those waiting! Hope it is 😁😁😁 for all of us!!!!

• Care
Got an A call from Dr. Bright at Brody today. I am so excited and thankful! It's been a very emotional day for me and my family; lots of tears of joy. First A this cycle; interviewed early Feb. I hope everyone here gets an A and this wonderful feeling too. I am rooting for each and everyone of you. One love!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got an A call from Dr. Bright at Brody today. I am so excited and thankful! It's been a very emotional day for me and my family; lots of tears of joy. First A this cycle; interviewed early Feb. I hope everyone here gets an A and this wonderful feeling too. I am rooting for each and everyone of you. One love!
You interviewed in February?? Well looks like it’s WL or R for the rest of us...

I love hearing this. Very much deserved I'm sure! Congratulations!