2020-2021 Hawaii (Burns)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
WL yesterday. IS, reapplicant. R the last time I applied so this WL is a glimmer of hope! 9:40am HST! I'm wishing everyone luck this cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I'm excited for all of you WL peeps, I sincerely hope you guys can get the movement that you need to make it. You got this! Don't stop believin'! If there was ever a year for a bunch of people to defer and allow for maximum WL movement, it would be this one right?! Keep the faith all! Rooting for you!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi WL gang,
Wondering if you all received a reminder email to complete FAFSA? If so, is there a way to check if JABSOM received our FAFSA application? I completed mine but I didnā€™t receive any sort of receipt from JABSOM.
Yes I got the reminder yesterday around noon. Im fairly confident they have received it if you completed it a while ago, but you could always email them to confirm!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi WL gang,
Wondering if you all received a reminder email to complete FAFSA? If so, is there a way to check if JABSOM received our FAFSA application? I completed mine but I didnā€™t receive any sort of receipt from JABSOM.
I also got the reminder email and no confirmation that they got our FAFSA! It would've been nice if they'd included their FAFSA ID in the email so I could make sure it was right haha, but yeah no confirmation on my end

JABSOM Class of 2025 Facebook page is now up for those who got accepted!

• Love
Any waitlist movement gang??

Reactions: 2 users
Any waitlist movement gang??
A friend of mine was recently accepted off the WL. I'm sure there will be more movement in the coming weeks, especially after 4/30 as students need to choose 1 med school by then. Good luck to you all!

A friend of mine was recently accepted off the WL. I'm sure there will be more movement in the coming weeks, especially after 4/30 as students need to choose 1 med school by then. Good luck to you all!
Were they IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was just accepted off of the waitlist yesterday at 6 PM HST. I was waitlisted March 12th, 513 MCAT and 3.9 gpa. OOS. Yay!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else make it off the waitlist? Would love to know! šŸ™‚
+1.
The waitlist support thread is gaining pages each day lol everyone is super anxious

Any movement?? Surprised to see nothing post April 30...

Reactions: 5 users
Any movement?? Surprised to see nothing post April 30...
Been anxiously waiting to hear back myself and have been checking this page neurotically everyday since the 30th haha but its surprising that there hasn't been more movement yet!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm surprised and worried too. it's a wild ride of emotions every day haha! Im trying to stay hopeful tho!

I was accepted off the WL at the end of March (IS) and have seen a few new members being added to the fb group in the past few weeks. Iā€™m sure there is still more movement to come this month! Good luck to you all!!

I just got off the WL, LOI submitted late March. Hoping for more movement for you guys!! Iā€™m IS.

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted off the WL at the end of March (IS) and have seen a few new members being added to the fb group in the past few weeks. Iā€™m sure there is still more movement to come this month! Good luck to you all!!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats and ECā€™s? Thank you!

what was the timestamp on your WL email?
9:31 am HST. I do want to note though that although I initially thought the time stamp mattered, it likely doesnā€™t now that I think about it. Because someone who received their WL email after me got in before me so I donā€™t
see a definitive pattern with it. Not 100% sure though!

Hey all. For those accepted, what's the date for JABSOM's CTE (commit to enroll)? :giggle:

If you don't mind, what were your IS stats?